TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker 2010 poll

I agree about Black Mamba being forceless. I don't know how it gets rated so highly and people keep trying to say how one of a kind it is. It's nowhere near as good as Nemesis or Dueling Dragons and they both have cooler interactions.

Very cool to see iSpeed and Katun doing well! I think we'll be back to Mirabilandia soon!

See it's really weird... I find Black Mambas first drop REALLY intense, and the helixes at the end. So do most of my friends who have been on it, too. Nemesis is more forceful though, I agree - and Montu would be above Mamba too, for me. I do, however, prefer Mamba to both Dragons, Monster and Nemesis Inferno.

Anyway, it's damn stunning which gives it a load of brownie points anyway! Perhaps my opinions are due to riding it in a snow storm??

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, that Top 10 looks eerily similar to Robb's Top 10, I call foul play. I think Robb used his power and influence to manipulate the votes again, how else would The Hulk or Space Mountain or Magnum XL-200 not make the Top 10?

I read that as sarcasm, beating the real haters to the punch. Look at the cited coasters. It has to be a joke.

With the successful reprofile, will i305 top the list next year?

Woohoo for Intamin, and woohoo for Mirabilandia! Some day I'll get there.

I'm also glad to see my number one coaster, X2 (although when I rode it, it was just X) not down in the basement and still at a reasonable rank of 32, right ahead of another one of my favorites, TTD.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

I don't get it why Bizarro keeps ranking as the # 1 coaster.

The ride was probably the greatest coaster when it opened but when I rode it tow years ago it was a huge letdown.

A painful ride with a maybe little above average layout and an annoying onboard soundtrack.

Besides that the results look pretty good!

I totaly agree with you.

Its an o-k ride, but not worthy of the #1 spot. It was a painful for me as well.

I don't know, that Top 10 looks eerily similar to Robb's Top 10, I call foul play. I think Robb used his power and influence to manipulate the votes again, how else would The Hulk or Space Mountain or Magnum XL-200 not make the Top 10?

I read that as sarcasm, beating the real haters to the punch. Look at the cited coasters. It has to be a joke.

With the successful reprofile, will i305 top the list next year?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the dude was kidding, too. Besides, everyone knows that Robb was working on making "Fave SLC Anywhere" number one.

There always has to be one person that complains. GROW UP! Its just a poll for fun! Also those coasters are YOUR favorites...not everybody else.

I think the results are pretty cool! Great job INTAMIN! You make me proud to wear my INTAMIN Lanyard every day!

Sarcasm is an incredibly hard thing to convey through a message board without using the smiley face emoticons but that was what the purpose of that post was. Sarcasm because after the wood poll everyone complained and accused Robb of skewing the results so I though i would sarcastically joke about him doing the same with the steel poll.

Just to clear things up those coaster are not my favorites but 3 specific examples I sarcastically used because they are 3 coasters that usually end up highly rated in every crazy AOL and AAA top 10 poll out there.

Do you really wear your Intamin lanyard every day? Like to school, or to the beach, or to church, or to the mall or to the movies? Do you wear your Intamin Lanyard on a date ? Just curious, Id love to see an Coaster Engineering Expedition Photo trip report of the Adventures of your Everyday Intamin Lanyard

Black Mamba forceless? Even if you find it forceless, the ride experience is pretty much unmatched in Europe and at most parks around the world. It's a masterpiece of design and presentation.

I find it pretty intense, myself - although I know TPR as a whole don't much rate it. For me it's my #2 coaster.

Personally, I love Black Mamba. It was #33 on my list (out of 277 steel coasters - quite respectable). Yes, there are more forceful coasters out there, but "forceful" isn't the only thing I take into consideration when ranking coasters. Aside from the great theming, Black Mamba is just an incredibly fun ride - I can ride it over and over, and it never fails to put a smile on my face. And on how many coasters can I stick out my arm and touch a waterfall?

The ride was probably the greatest coaster when it opened but when I rode it tow years ago it was a huge letdown.

A painful ride with a maybe little above average layout and an annoying onboard soundtrack.

I totaly agree with you.

Its an o-k ride, but not worthy of the #1 spot. It was a painful for me as well.

Note to any park management reading this thread:

Don't change anything when you have the number one coaster in the world!

Wow, even though the retards at Six Flags practically RUINED Superman Ride of Steel by putting their version of a re-theme on it, complete with cardboard cutouts and a flame machine that didn't make sense, it still made #1!

Six Flags: Now can we PLEASE have it back to the way it was? I don't need inaudible music blasting in my ears while I'm riding the worlds best steel coaster, thanks.

I still ranked Bizzaro #1 even though I have only ridden it as Superman: Ride of Steel a few years ago. Yeah, it still has a strong impression on me. However, that may change after I re-ride it again this summer. I am curious to see if it still will hold up.

Black Mamba forceless? Even if you find it forceless, the ride experience is pretty much unmatched in Europe and at most parks around the world. It's a masterpiece of design and presentation.

I find it pretty intense, myself - although I know TPR as a whole don't much rate it. For me it's my #2 coaster.

This is what makes Mitch Hawker's poll great! It takes everyone's opinions and matches them against each other. Clearly not enough people share your same view points on rides.

Very cool to see iSpeed and Katun doing well! I think we'll be back to Mirabilandia soon!

It's the only park with two coasters in the top 10! Who would have thought that a few years back? And it definitely challenges Cedar Point, with 2 in the top 20.

Well, now I'm feeling good about all the work I've done and will have to do to get there this summer. I have less than 48 hours in Italy (in between Scandinavia, and Ibiza), and I'm flying into Milan. Originally, I was going to be more realistic and just try to get out to Gardaland for Raptor -- with possibly a side trip to Aquaworld and/or Movieland at Canevaworld. But with the reports of Raptor being not very forgiving on big asses -- and with me having a big ass! -- I didn't want to spend the day at the park and not get on the one coaster I really want to ride! (All of the rest are mediocre, although fun.) So, I've planned a convoluted day to hit both parks.

If all goes according to plan, I'm taking a train as soon as I get to Milan into Bologna, where I'm spending the night. (With my flight's later arrival, that's about as close as I can get that night.) In the morning, I'm heading to Mirabilandia, where I'll immediately get their Q-Bot system and ride both coasters as much as possible (plus the new credit once) until around 2-3 PM, when I head to the shuttle bus to the train station to take THREE trains and another shuttle bus to Gardaland. Yes, that's two busses and three trains! I might take a quick stop to check in to my hotel near the Peschiera del Garda train station and drop off my bags, and I might also just take a cab from there, since it's pretty close. I'll probably arrive at Gardaland 2-2.5 hours before they close. but honestly, all I really care about doing is Raptor (if I fit!) and the new walkthrough haunted house. If I get on any of the other coasters, it's a bonus. And I won't be afraid to buy their version of fastpass, since it's only about $15. Then, I head back to my hotel and sleep as much as I can. I get up in the morning and take the train back to Milan, where I'll try to see again their magnificent Duomo (cathedral) before seeing da Vinci's "The Last Supper" -- the one major thing I missed on my last trip to Italy. Then back to the train station for the bus to the airport, and off to Ibiza for some serious clubbing! That's six busses, six trains and a few subway rides in 48 hours!

But, hey it's TWO top 10 steel coasters (although iSpeed's a bit lower on my list), and hopefully (if I fit) a world premiere B&M coaster! If I can get at least 3 rides on each of Mirabilandia's top coasters (which shouldn't be a problem -- I can probably get 5-6 on Katun, if Q-bot times are 15-20 minutes, which they were at a similar time of year in 2009) and can fit on Raptor, then all that effort will be worth it!

Yeah, I know. I'm crazy!

Solid Gold wrote:

5. The Mega-Lites should be ranked together, as "Fav Mega-Lite."

And I think there should be a "Fav B&M Hyper" category too!

QFT!!

I think I read some where once that in a perfect world Mitch would like to have every coaster rated and no categories, but it's simply too overwhelming to make comparisons with any much more than the number of entries the poll already has. If a ride is going to be in the top 20 or 30 of the poll like a mega lite or a B&M hyper then they might as well get credit for being their own separate coaster IMO. I mean the best "category" looks like Batman Clones at 78 unless I miss something.

Don't change anything when you have the number one coaster in the world!

Though I'm not a huge fan of the Bizarro theme, it did give them a way to market some very expensive and necessary upkeep on the ride. Otherwise, they'd just have been spending a lot of expense money without being able to add something "new". Sure it's not the greatest "new ride" in the world, but a company with severe money problems needs to be creative.

Regarding the results, I need to get to Doswell and Japan. i305 and Kawasemi are the only 2 of the top 10 that I do not have the credit for.

Yeah well guess what. Superman is my #1, bizarro sucks. The trains track awfully, and the audio sucks. They ruin the ride, and make it rough, and the restraints kill. The reason it still makes it is because people are rating because they know the rides potential from riding it as superman. The end.