TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the most random thing you've encountered at a park?

Went to Knott's the other day and some guy just offered me a Fast Lane out of no where. I was relieved and gladly took it as it was starting to get insanely packed!

I had someone at King's Dominion offer me their extra comp ticket once. It was unexpected but convenient.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a kid peeing in a corner of the queue area of Furious Baco last time I went to Port Aventura in the Summer of 2012. I guess the kid (probably about 10) had to go to the bathroom and his dad told him to go in a corner. I thought to myself WTF, is Port Aventura becoming the SFMM of Spain??!

I went to Dollywood in October and I went on the Thunderhead okay, and it has that flyby through the station right? And the kid in front of me was turning green. When we went through the station he was BLOWING CHUNKS onto the people in the line below!!! As soon as we pulled into the station after the brake run the whole back-middle section was COVERED in vomit. They shut down the ride for almost 2 hours...

Went to Silverwood in 2008, when I was 15, and was a single rider.

Riding the rapids ride, the guy assigning people to rafts was an older guy. I tell him I'm alone and he says "YOU'RE A SINGLE GUY!?"

Then he shouts to the whole queue house..."ARE THERE ANY SINGLE WOMEN IN THIS LINE? WE HAVE ONE SINGLE MALE. ANY TAKERS?"

Pretty much everyone heard that, so when I got paired with some middle-school-aged kids they referred to me only as "Single Guy."

Honestly I was looking forward to some single females, but sadly, it was not to be...

• 3 weeks later...

This past summer a few co workers and I decided to take a trip up to Great Adventure for Fright Fest. My friend Jess really wanted to go on Green Lantern because she had never been on a stand up coaster before. Anyway, she had a pair of sunglasses that she forgot were on top of her head and as we went through the first loop, they flew off her head, I saw this and quickly smacked them to the floor and stepped on them the entire ride. Thankfully they were not broken and she was extremely happy I saved them for her.

Went to Knott's the other day and some guy just offered me a Fast Lane out of no where. I was relieved and gladly took it as it was starting to get insanely packed!

I had someone at King's Dominion offer me their extra comp ticket once. It was unexpected but convenient.

Haha same here. A couple came up to me and my friend and asked if we wanted theirs since they were leaving.

Haha same here. A couple came up to me and my friend and asked if we wanted theirs since they were leaving.

Things like this give me hope for the human race.

"In the old days"...

When we went to Disneyland, before the Pay-One-Price thing came into effect,

what attraction tickets (A-E) we had left over, we were always giving them away to people

coming into the park. They were surprised, but happily grateful too, I remember.

So we pulled random stuff, back in the day...

My brother was on the Comet at the Great Escape, and he completely forgot about his hat. It flew away at the first drop, and lucky him a guy catched it in the very last row and gave it back at the end. Talk about luck!

At Six Flags St. Louis my friends and I saw cats roaming around underneath Tony Hawk's Big Spin (now Pandemonium).

This past year, at Fright Fest at Six Flags St. Louis, my family and I headed to the Final Freakout, which is where are the characters gather at the end of the night. Two clowns just surrounded me and asked my family what my name is. Then they got real close for about five minutes and chanted, "Hellooo Steeeveeen" over and over again. It was creepy yet awesome

Once again at SFSTL, I witnessed a boy get off of Excalibur and throw up. He then took a few steps and threw up again. He then repeated this two more times. He could've just thrown up all at once, but instead he made the ride ops clean up 4 separate piles of puke.

A few years ago at SFSTL I was handed a piece of paper designed like a million dollar bill with a picture of Tom Cruise on it. It then talked about the "Million Dollar Question" and the joys of scientology on the back.

I was riding Monster Mansion with my friend, and her parents were in the row behind us. In the on-ride photo, my friend's mom was holding a HUGE carrot for some reason. She had finished eating the carrot by the time the ride ended and denied that it existed in the first place.

Not sure if its random or not but it definitely was unexpected for me -

Back in 2005 a few of us employees decided to visit SFOG on one of our off days (we did this alot LOL). So we had just got off of Deja Vu and I needed a cig so we walked over to the smoking area adjacent to where the Vu was located. The Vu's crew loaded up the next train and we heard the warning horn.

As we're watching the train cycle, when it flew up Tower 2 --- BAM! Miscatch! It was hilarious and we all started tripping out because we could have easily been on that train. Fortunately maintenance was close by because by the time I finished my cig, they were already in the process of unloading.

First time at SFGAdv, first ride of the day was Nitro. As the train approached the helix you could see a herd of 6 to 8 deer standing inside/under the helix. The deer glanced up as we sped around them, but they didn't move otherwise. They acted like it was the most natural thing in the world for a coaster train of screaming humans to circle them.

First time at SFGAdv, first ride of the day was Nitro. As the train approached the helix you could see a herd of 6 to 8 deer standing inside/under the helix. The deer glanced up as we sped around them, but they didn't move otherwise. They acted like it was the most natural thing in the world for a coaster train of screaming humans to circle them.

I was about to post that as the randomest thing that has happened to me! That happened to be exactly. I was on the first row and a couple of deer were hanging out near an airtime hill. Really weird!