TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World is Robb & Elissa???

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The background Hyatt hotel in this picture kind of looks like this one in Dubai. http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=8&icamp=corpPhotoGallery

Trying to search amusement parks near there now. It's getting past my bed time though.

Edited by ernierocker

The difference between the two sets of pictures are that the first set was taken using an iphone 4 with HDR turned on, the other was taken with an iphone 4 with hdr turned off or a lesser camera phone (3gs or something worse).

Also the red escalators lead up to adventureland.. as seen in the update before.

Edited by Chroniq

The difference between the two sets of pictures are that the first set was taken using an iphone 4 with HDR turned on, the other was taken with an iphone 4 with an her turned off or a lesser camera phone (3gs or something worse).

Also the red escalators lead up to adventureland.. as seen in the update before.

Lol! That an interesting comment about the differences, but it's not even quite as deep as that!

You went to StarGate.... The picture of elissa in front of some random doctored in intamin was taken outside on the fence of stargate 4 (source: a really small picture on the themepark guy site. The picture of that crazy green low slung entrance is stargate (rcdb).. The ride that dubai dave and elissa are sitting in with over the shoulder restraints is the originally named "roller coaster" which is a visa spinning coaster (rcdb).

(sources: my mom, two fortune cookies, and my dog told me)

Here's a few quickies from today so far...

We are on the road again...where are we heading?

Now where are we?

LIKE!!!

Our current view...

That is a very cool watch, Elissa, but why are you wearing it?

Our current view...

GGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Our current view...

No nudity??? DISLIKE!!!

Crazy amount of buildings!

Edited by ernierocker

I remember in the Edmonton one, you confused a lot of people.

Well, to be fair, that exactly what we tried to do with that last set of photos. But there only seems to be one person even trying so far.

So what do you guys want? Confusing photos, or should we just stop where we are at and declare a winner?

--Robb "It stops being fun for us when everyone stops playing." Alvey

I think the trick with this is, finding the correct amount of difficulty. I don't know how easy that becomes in a place like Dubai though

Aww, all that makes me really jealous. I hope you guys are having a great time in Dubai. How did you like the Burj Khalifa? Isn´t the view amazing? The elevator is going up so damn fast.

The fountain show at the Dubai Mall is also nice. Kinda like the one at the Bellagio, just with arabic music.

How did you guys get around the city? With the Big Bus sightseeing tour or did you rent a car?

Okay, enjoy your time and I am looking forward to more pictures.

Looks like you guys are at the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world!

I'm guessing that this is the wind speed at the top.

Also, the Burj Khalifa is right next to the Dubai Fountains as seen via this picture from Google Maps.

536775469_BurjKhalifa.JPG.1e4cb6e549fd52fe5a8a07cab08d1e6a.JPG

EDIT: You guys definitely went to Wild Wadi, those watches match that trip report from a little back. Also, you went to Ski Dubai. My dad went on a business trip to Dubai and went there, i'd recognize those jackets anywhere! Also, looks like you visited one of the Palm islands because your Facebook status was "This place reminds me of PALM Springs!"

Edited by ernierocker

Here is today's complete update of clues...

We are on the road again...where are we heading?

Now where are we?

LIKE!!!

Our current view...

That is a very cool watch, Elissa, but why are you wearing it?

Our current view...

GGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Our current view...

No nudity??? DISLIKE!!!

Crazy amount of buildings!

Here is a small update...Where in the world is Robb & Elissa???

Here's a bonus round question! 1 bonus point if you can tell me what is inside this box. 1 bonus point if you can tell me where else in the world you can find this.

...is what you get after Taco Bell.

Where in the world are we now?

"The World is a carousel of sausage..."

Where in the world could we be now???

"How did we go from sunny beaches to skiing in only a couple of hours???"

Edited by ernierocker

I'll answer your question in the form of a rap

1.My hunger pains are sticking like duct tape/ Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes. / No doubt that bakery's got all the bomb frostings. / I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.

2. Bleeker Street in the Village. NYC

For people speaking about the cashless payment system, Atlantis Resort @The Palms Island offers it as well. Which they clearly went to (look at the reflection of the dorway Elissa is standing in front of).

Edited by Chroniq

I'll answer your question in the form of a rap

My hunger pains are sticking like duct tape/ Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes. / No doubt that bakery's got all the bomb frostings. / I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling

And Chris, the obvious. Where else can you find them?