TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World is Robb & Elissa???

Plug adaptor 2 is for continental Europe. I think I'm done, I've started cussing and throwing stuff.

The adaptor in the picture has large round pins.......Europe uses a pin system, but a smaller pin.

My wife was in the UAE in April, I just checked her travel adaptor, it is identical to the one in the photo.

P.S. Having said that, the last time this game was played all the clues at the start pointed to being international travel, however it was only a short flight to Canada.

You have got to think what attractions other than Disney are still open at this time of the year?

Edited by andyuk200523

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the pictures on page 3 (stupid work), but based on the pictures in the initial post, it's obvious they are going somewhere.

I'm thinking the "Jet Blue" isn't really the airline they are flying, but maybe a hint to something else. Maybe the "Blue" part of it. This is the normal time of year that they would go on a cruise. Elissa has hinted that they are going Skiing over Xmas, too soon for that.

Cancelling out any parks on TPR trips next year (This leaves out Japan/Australia) and any parks that were on TPR trips this year (Europe). Also cancelling out Wisconsin and WDW (as they were just there and Robb hinted that they would see WDW in 10 months).

So my guess (without seeing the pics on page 3) is that they are going on a cruise. As to where, not sure yet. Perhaps Antarctica?

Park City, Utah.

They are going skiing. Park City is where Sundance film fest is held. Paris Hilton is always at the festival. The "Hidden" comment picture is in Black and White, like some of the more independent films. The shoe pictures refers to the fact he will soon be wearing snow shoes.

Final answer.

Plug adaptor 2 is for continental Europe. I think I'm done, I've started cussing and throwing stuff.

The adaptor in the picture has large round pins.......Europe uses a pin system, but a smaller pin.

Oh, I just looked up #2 samsonite power adapter on the web and that's what it said, didn't even look at the pins.

Edited by fatdaddy

I'm just gonna say Tokyo Disney, or at home laughing at us.

Just a reminder, guesses without justification based on the clues are not eligible for prizes. You must show your work just like with Calculus. But this game is much more fun than Calculus.

4. Once again, you MUST "show your work" to win! The first person to guess BASED ON THE ACTUAL CLUES will be the winner, even if the correct location of where we are at is "blurted out" ahead of time by another member.

Edited by larrygator

^Oh, I did the work in previous posts, just not all in one post. Seriously just having fun with this, I got problems a bag o crap ain't gonna fix, but playing the game is a fun distraction. Besides, it's always cool to see someone get a bag o crap that is just chompin' at the bit to get one.

I actually did some cleaning, and I could have probably made 20 bags of crap outta the stuff I sent to the goodwill.

My guess: You are leaving from Valencia (as evidenced by the photo of Superman), flying out of LAX (the picture of the Hilton is the one near LAX), and going to Dubai, UAE to ride Formula Rossa at Ferrari World.

My "work" comes from the picture of the words "Roller Derby" with united.com in the upper corner. A quick google search of "Roller Derby" and United Airlines brought up tons of headlines about a roller derby captain who frauded her way into thousands of dollars worth of airline tickets. At first, I was frustrated, thinking this was a dead end, but after more digging, I found a link to "Hemispheres" in-flight magazine, where there was an article titled "Roller Derby" about how Randy Smith designed Formula Rossa and the challenges he faced. Also, the converter is one used in the UAE.

P.S. - Although this is a brand new account, I am not new to TPR. I formerly participated in the Forums frequently as "Easytoremember," however I have not posted in quite some time. Thats not to say I have been completely absent, just a lurker. I would have logged back into my old account, but I have no clue what my password is, and the e-mail address I used to create it is long gone, so I can't even recover the password. But I had to get in on this game, so I made a new one!

Moderator note: Your guess has been disqualified for breaking the site's TOS.

17. Once you have registered an account and a screen name it cannot be changed, deleted or removed! Once an account is deleted, any posts or content you have submitted cannot be deleted and will remain on the public forum. So please pick a screen name you are prepared to live with for your existence on Theme Park Review. Please also note that one individual can only have one Theme Park Review account. If you create multiple accounts, this may be grounds for all of your Theme Park Review accounts to be suspended. Registering a new account to bypass an existing ban will result in your IP being banned.

Edited by ernierocker

You are going to:

Either the UK, Australia, Japan, China, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Quebec, Mexico, or Spain. These were the languages' countries on the EXIT sign.

As much as they might not like it sometimes, Quebec is not a separate country from Canada.

You guys are going to Mexico.

In addition to the stuff you said, if I recall correctly, Kidtums has a Dora the Explorer backpack, and if so, that's probably it in the picture where Robb misdirects you to look at his shoe. Dora, Spanish, QED, etc.

You guys are going to Mexico.

In addition to the stuff you said, if I recall correctly, Kidtums has a Dora the Explorer backpack, and if so, that's probably it in the picture where Robb misdirects you to look at his shoe. Dora, Spanish, QED, etc.

Isn't that just Elissa's bag?

I have no idea if it's Dora or not, but is Kidtums with them?

I would like to put forth a second guess, on the off chance that my first guess (Las Vegas) was incorrect.

So many hints point to Seattle, but I couldn’t think why you would be visiting Seattle, especially at a time of year when no coasters are open. But now it all makes sense - a ski trip! You’ve gone to Seattle to go skiing at Crystal Mountain and check out their awesome new gondola lift.

The Starbucks sign on Page 1 was the biggest clue, as Seattle is home to Starbucks.

All of the Asian references were big clues as well (the Japan flag, Hello Kitty, an exit sign with Asian languages listed before others), as Seattle has a very large Asian community.

JetBlue flies to Seattle.

Also important here is the name of the airline (which you may or may not have flown) - JetBLUE. And in the next picture, Superman is now painted red and BLUE. And in the flu shot picture, flu rhymes with BLUE. People always get the BLUES in Seattle, due to the gray dreary skies and frequent drizzles.

The Superman clue is also important because it is tall - like the Space Needle in Seattle. The Eiffel Tower picture is significant for the same reason.

And the mountain picture points to Mount Rainier, and the Cascade Mountains, and the Crystal Mountain ski resort, and SKIING.

The roller derby picture is important, as Seattle has a lot of female roller derby teams.

Page 3 has a picture of a shoe. The shoe looks grungy - and Seattle was the birthplace of grunge in the late 80s. Also, Page 1 has a picture of Elissa in black and white - and black and white photos were totally the look of the grunge movement.

I still can’t quite figure Paris Hilton’s connection to Seattle - this may have been to throw us off, or maybe…

Paris Hilton --> annoying blonde chick on drugs --> Courtney Love --> widow of Kurt Cobain, and therefore tied to Seattle.

OMG!!! Just read through all of this. Robb the Roller Derby picture was AMAZING! Yes the roller derby airline fraud was a very true thing! Australia does have roller derby teams, as a matter of fact, there are teams all over the world including the UK, France, Germany and even in Dubai. So I can't wait to see what the answer is and see how roller derby figures in all of this! Awesome clue Robb and Elissa or was it a clue!?!

I'm going to jump in with a whole string of so far beens. My overall picture guess is the UAE via Australia.

Started out in LAX, this I formulated just by the fact that it is your home airport and because of the Hilton picture.

You flew United because the "Personal Space" on the kiosk behind Elissa is a UA slogan and because of the United.com in the Roller Derby Picture.

I think the McDonalds was a misleading picture meant to show that you were in for long flights. Seeing as a flight to Australia then to the UAE is over a day and a half of flying it was just a clue pointing to long flights.

I figured you were flying to UAE through Australia because it is not a silly halfway point for a layover and because of the Smart Carte reference and the Superman tower. I am inbetween on this however because Hong Kong is also viable through these references but i'll stick with Australia.

Also this may be important later but the Elissa tickets picture had two tickets meaning no Kidtums. This adds to the suspicion of a press related event for Ferrari world!

I figure on the UAE because of the Roller Derby picture pointing to Formula Rossa and the adapter.

Love these games you guys are awesome!

Edited by dammie16@vt.edu

u guys are in Los Angelos because

1. That looks like Superman Great Escape and I sorta see Tatsu

2. There is a La Brea Backery at LAX

3. The hilton hotel is near LAX

Winner.

EDIT: THIS WAS A JOKE GUYS!!!!!

Edited by Wes

Also, post 10,000 Wes?

Sweet. How can I claim TPR Platinum Member status?

I'm not technically allowed to play along even though even I'm not sure where Robb and Elissa are...but you guys are missing some really obvious clues that would totally help! There's a couple items I'm surprised no one has noticed.