TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Ark Encounter theme park set for Northern Kentucky

What's with Christians and not using correct punctuation?

This should have a question mark.

Yeah, who's the hypocrites now.

Instead of three question marks, this should have a period.

I also attend church every Sunday, and my wife and I have been nominated to take over the Youth Group for our church???

If I'm coming across like a prick here, then forgive me.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Now that's an experience I could sink my teeth into. Aliens and stuff lend themselves nicely to a theme park. Even if they are "holy" aliens or whatever....

The arc could have an awesome themed waterslide through or off of it.

David

Reading the website, it seems this is an odd combination of non-profit and for profit. It seems entirely sketchy.

As far as the whole concept goes. It would make an intersting zoo of sorts if all the animals were in the ark, but I think that would be entirely unfeasible.

Now for what you would actually do at this exhibit, the details are sketchy. Do you go in the ark? Do you "help build" the ark? Are there exhibits on animal husbandry?

What's with Christians and not using correct punctuation?

This should have a question mark.

Yeah, who's the hypocrites now.

Instead of three question marks, this should have a period.

I also attend church every Sunday, and my wife and I have been nominated to take over the Youth Group for our church???

If I'm coming across like a prick here, then forgive me.

Being good Christian types they will of course forgive you

although this park will surely have epic fail written all over it I mean choices Kings Island Or Arkland hmmmmmmmmmmm

More reasons why they need to build Noah's Ark theme park here...

big_bone_sloth.jpg.eeafd4af9727e9076c97681b76d2deb7.jpg

It has remembrances of those left behind - "Damn you, Noah!" says the big-boned sloth.

IMG_1072.jpg.5143eb985adb44afc7df497d2560a71f.jpg

What's better than big bone lick with an added salty treat at the end?

artifacts-images-design_data-080A56-thumb-275x274-design-1047.png.eb68d7bad2ba6a59599156138d0b936b.png

And finally... the souvenir t-shirt. Okay, I'm done goofing around now!

Religious bashing aside, this looks reminds me of that Holy Land theme park in Orlando, which doesn't seem to be doing too poorly (at least compared to other non-Disney/Busch/Universal theme parks in the area).

As long as this ark can get enough people through the gate to keep a profit, it may be successful. But compared to the Holy Land (which is in a major tourist destination), this park is located outside of Cincinnati, which isn't really America's biggest tourist market and already has a major theme park in the area.

The park seems to be doing well through viral marketing and generating buzz and they've gotten over $100K in donations so far, so who knows? This park could have a chance to become successful.

As long as this ark can get enough people through the gate to keep a profit, it may be successful. But compared to the Holy Land (which is in a major tourist destination), this park is located outside of Cincinnati, which isn't really America's biggest tourist market and already has a major theme park in the area.

Do you really think this place would market itself to compete against Kings Island?

NO!

I heard Tiesto (Jesus) is playing at the opening party.
(BTW, I agree on the Jesus thing!)

Holy boat batman, that thing is HUGE! 'twss'

Unfortunately due to how people like to find exciting things when an exorbitant project is finished, and since this doesn't seem to have many exciting things other than a life-sized Noah's Ark complete with a petting-zoo, aviary, and other historical structures, I don't think many people will donate. Anybody have $5000 laying around, they need a plank.

Don't get me wrong, if this finishes then I wouldn't mind driving up to see it someday... but... I don't think it will get finished. And from what I hear will be in this so called "park", it seems more like a zoo to me.

Come on people! As soon as they rebuild "Touchdown Jesus" they will have a "midwestern pilgrimage" all in place for those with extra cash. You can have your picture taken with the new "Follow Me" jesus, then head on down and visit the ark. Then maybe you can head over to WV and hold a vigil for trapped miners? And in OH, there are a lot of abortion clinics so always bring your signs for a protest. But anyway, this place will be a great lure for youth groups and church picnics. I think it might succeed, kind of the way Americana did for a long time. The one thing I wonder is if it will "steal" the Religious concert thingy that KI has every year.....and if so....is that a sin?

Instead of spending $24 million on a boat, these Christians should give their money to feed orphans or some other cause that would have more impact.

Like maybe teach people not to put labels on other people? Homeless, Republican, Democrate, Gay, Christian, Pro Life etc.

I always find these statements interesting on how other people should spend their money.