TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Ark Encounter theme park set for Northern Kentucky

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't some old guy just recently try to protest the building of a Mosque at Ground Zero? Are those (Muslim)people going to plan a protest of a different religion's plan to build a "theme" park? This is pure craziness!!!! Maybe they can build some type of rapids ride to simulate the flood, but in that case they can only operate for 40 days and nights a year according to the Bible story of Noah????? I would like to have these people raise the money necessary to build this and then donate it too the starving children in AMERICA!! Imagine how many 29 cents a day they could provide!!!!

Maybe they can call this guy, he has a head start on the project.......

Here is a piece of the story for those who don't want to read the story, note the dates when he started. This is just up the road from my house...

"Two years later, a groundbreaking was held Easter Sunday at the site of Greene's small church. At first, there was nothing but a hole in the ground, the ark sign and wildfire gossip in Frostburg about the church with the hole in the ground and sign. The concrete was poured in 1977. The steel came 22 years later."

http://www.godsark.org/index.html

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2007-08-07/features/0708070103_1_noah-ark-richard-greene-frostburg

Edited by eddie200330

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aBWWaUNOuo

I cant quite understand this concept. Isn't the main draw of the arc not the arc itself, but the fact that there was one of every kind of animal inside? Who the hell wants to just see a wooden ship. I am now an agnostic, but even when I used to be very religious I still would not have found a giant ship interesting.

I wonder if it's going to be as much of a fail as the Museum. BTW, here's a pic from a recent lecture there (not my photo).

nxdsc_2813.jpg.72f62a429e8db7706dfb91d2d11cc63a.jpg

PS Is the 5d going to be the same concept as Italy's?

Huh? So as a college educated person, this makes no sense? Adam & Eve got together and created Noah's family which was 8 people? And those 8 people got together (inbreeding) and magically created 6 different human variations (I guess it depending who was on top)? I guess you had to hear the lecture, but that picture alone is enough to drive you bonkers.

So just to put it out there, I'm a Christian. And as a Christian and a former manager in multiple hotels, I hold my head in shame. Many church groups would come in and would get caught taking the bed spreads, sheets, blankets, clock, hair dryer, coffee pots, and yes, someone even tried to take a TV. They tried to sleep 6 to a room which violated fire codes and complained when we charged extra for rollaway beds, etc. While I would actually like to see it when built, just to say I've seen it, I pitty the area hotel operators who may have to put up with theft. Very sad and un Christianlike.

Yep, I watched two people walking out of the facility with two bed spreads and four pillows, they were going out the emergency exit, so, I walked around to the side of the building and waiting for them, acted like I was checking out the property, when they opened the trunk I was more or less behind them. Gave them two options, they chose the first which was to put the items back. They acted like they had done nothing wrong and insisted that they paid for the items when they rented the room.

Are these the same people that thought that the Dinosaurs only lived like 50,000 years ago!? Perhaps they can bring them on the ark too!

These people believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old. As if the Creation Museum wasn't embarrassing enough for the Greater Cincinnati area, now we have to throw in a Christian version of Hard Rock Park.

AWESOME!

Oh why not? It's not like it would be the first park based on fairy tales and fantasy. Although, I don't know many people killing others in the name of Cinderella.

Because Athiests don't kill people.

^ LOL this reminds me of one of my favorite words in the English language........... hypocrite

Because nobody but the religious are hypocritical.

I didn't know this was a religion bashing thread, furthermore, how many of you making fun of Christianity are celebrating Christmas this year?

Yeah, who's the hypocrites now.

**Edit, this is off the wall, but wonder who will insure an all wood structure?

"Neddy doesn't believe in insurance, he considers it a form of gambling'

Are these the same people that thought that the Dinosaurs only lived like 50,000 years ago!? Perhaps they can bring them on the ark too!

These people believe the Earth is 6000 years old, and if my Biblical time is correct, Noah's Ark took place 4000 years ago.

Yeah, this has "Epic Fail" written all over it, but I thought the same thing back when the Creation Museum was being built. I know there are those people that truly believe in young earth creationism, but since I'm not one of those (I'm a liberal barely practicing Catholic), I just find the whole concept of building a park around it funny. Unlike if I were to visit a place like Magic Kingdom where I'd have fun being drawn into the story, here, if I were to visit, I'd feel my IQ dropping(although I would still be smarter than the other people there). I thought the investors would have learned after the failure of Holy Land that people don't go to religion theme park.

Edit: Wait, this won't even have any rides? Then why the hell are they building a "theme park"? Wouldn't it be cheaper and less risky to just open it as a new "exhibit" at the Creation Museum? I understand those that visit will be very devout, apart from those going to the place for laughs, but why do they think people will go to this?

Edited by Airtime&Gravity

My issue with the park has nothing to do with religion even if I make fun of Fundamentalism.

My issue is that a theme park should include coasters and rides. Otherwise I don't care about the park but labeling it as an theme park is misleading.

Oh why not? It's not like it would be the first park based on fairy tales and fantasy. Although, I don't know many people killing others in the name of Cinderella.

Because Athiests don't kill people.

^ LOL this reminds me of one of my favorite words in the English language........... hypocrite

Because nobody but the religious are hypocritical.

I didn't know this was a religion bashing thread, furthermore, how many of you making fun of Christianity are celebrating Christmas this year?

I will be celebrating Christmas with my family. I also attend church every Sunday, and my wife and I have been nominated to take over the Youth Group for our church??? I don't see this as religious bashing in any way, just agree with everyone else that this project doesn't seem like it is gonna float too far.......

I celebrate Christmas... not Christ-mas. For me it is a season of celebration... nothing more nothing less. Of course one could call me a hypocrite since I am agnostic but go to church every Sunday, but that is because I am forced to go to church with my parents, their reasoning is if I am living there I need to go to church. I listen as I find what is said interesting despite not believing in most of it.

how many of you making fun of Christianity are celebrating Christmas this year?

I don't celebrate Christmas. I celebrate Kwanzaa by making this amazing cake:

Kwanzaa Cake?!?!?!

That's a "Death Come Get Me Now" cake!

What's with Christians and not using correct punctuation?

This should have a question mark.

Instead of three question marks, this should have a period.

I also attend church every Sunday, and my wife and I have been nominated to take over the Youth Group for our church???

If I'm coming across like a prick here, then forgive me.