TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ocean Kingdom in China

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Touhou project music I hear?

Coaster looks alright, but I can't help but notice its running really sluggish. Nature of early test runs I guess. I dig the pathway interaction and the theming but the ride itself looks boring.

I guess I'm glad theres an update at least. I was beginning to think this coaster dropped off the face of the earth.

^ It's a B&M Wing Rider! Can you expect something more than "meh"?

The point is that it looks good. It's a spectacle. People will hear it, and people will watch it, and they'll go, "Wow! I want to ride that, it looks so cool!"

It's a unique experience, currently the only one of its kind in China, and that will totally sell it to park-goers.

I'm with AJ on this one, it's looking great! But for me and most others enthousiast Wing-Riders are just 'boring'. The GP seem to like them, and this is the first of it's kind in China. Will ride this when i'm in the neighbourhood...

I really don't get the hate surrounding Wingriders. They're perfectly fun rides and they look great. I suppose they can be a bit hit and miss - I found Swarm to be really great, but Raptor was pretty average. However, from looking at videos I thought that Raptor would be a great ride, and it disappointed me. The opposite was true for Swarm. I don't think we can fully judge the ride's quality from this video, especially as it's just a testing video.

I really don't get the hate surrounding Wingriders.
I thought that Raptor would be a great ride, and it disappointed me.

I think you answered your own question.

This is been my thoughts on every Wingrider I've been on (all except Raptor) They have all disappointed me and I think that goes for many other people. So that's why there is the hate surrounding them.

--Robb "And it's also because we know B&M are capable of so much better." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I really don't get the hate surrounding Wingriders. They're perfectly fun rides and they look great. I suppose they can be a bit hit and miss - I found Swarm to be really great, but Raptor was pretty average. However, from looking at videos I thought that Raptor would be a great ride, and it disappointed me. The opposite was true for Swarm. I don't think we can fully judge the ride's quality from this video, especially as it's just a testing video.

I also enjoyed Swarm. I like wingriders. Not all B&Ms have to be super intense to be a good ride. Clearly they are trying to expand their market by incorporating a concept based around the smooth, free flying experience rather than bone crushing forces. I personally think it's great they have a larger range of coasters now that can provide a larger range of B&M experiences. I would imagine coaster designers have to expand and grow or risk becoming stale and repetitive in the market. *fingers crossed for a B&M launch coaster one day!*

I like wingriders. Not all B&Ms have to be super intense to be a good ride.

Totally agreed. I really wish more people realized this. I'm surprised that flying coasters don't get this kind of flak considering most of them are really relaxing minus the pretzel rolls if they have them.

This ride looks pretty good, but it looks like they spent way too much money on it.

But since I didn't buy, I don't mind. Yet another reason to go to China for me.

^^ and ^^^ Exactly.

A B&M Wing rider is supposed to create a smooth, flying experience with graceful inversions and comfortable transitions. It isn't designed to kick your butt every time you ride it. Plus, with those wide, heavy trains, how the heck would you be able to create snappy corkscrews, extra-tight turns, quick zero-g rolls, etc.?

^^ and ^^^ Exactly.

A B&M Wing rider is supposed to create a smooth, flying experience with graceful inversions and comfortable transitions. It isn't designed to kick your butt every time you ride it. Plus, with those wide, heavy trains, how the heck would you be able to create snappy corkscrews, extra-tight turns, quick zero-g rolls, etc.?

Furius Baco? No tight turns, tight inversions etc but really intense.

I just mentioned my problem with B&M in the designers you hate thread, but it's also relevant with the discussion going on here. B&M can put whatever type of train they want on their rides but it doesn't make it innovative imo. a B&M is a B&M whether its floorless, inverted, or your on the sides of the track. They might come up with new train designs, but I find their creativity in layouts to be overall lacking for the most part with few exceptions.

^^ and ^^^ Exactly.

Exactly, and I'm sure B&M would be capable of doing something similar without FB's roughness.

^^ and ^^^ Exactly.

But I thought that the intensity (plus the fact that the "wings" look like basically seats riding on top of tree branches) was the whole reason why Furius Baco was so rough.

^^ and ^^^ Exactly.

But I thought that the intensity (plus the fact that the "wings" look like basically seats riding on top of tree branches) was the whole reason why Furius Baco was so rough.

I still think that at least it has intensity, not like some coasters out there that only have roughness. But I totally agree that Intamin seems like extended the seats outside instead of being more "wing" like B&M's.