TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ocean Kingdom in China

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on another board, and already posted it in the China Trip thread, but wanted to post it here too. Supposedly this is the layout of the Wing Rider, and it matches the layout listed on RCDB):

RCDB Listing

Roller Coaster: unknown

Amusement Park: Ocean Kingdom (Zhuhai, Guangdong, China)

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Steel - Sit Down

Make / Model: Bolliger & Mabillard / Wing Coaster / Custom

Height: 164' 1"

Inversions: 3

Elements: Dive Loop

Zero-G Roll

In-Line Twist

(I love how it is one inch taller than Gatekeeper.....and I love the 164' 1" Wild Eagle style drop into the giant Dive Loop, the zero-g over the water, and the tunnel going up into the inline roll.)

If that photo is the layout.....that is quite impressive. Not sure why they don't have as many inversions but it does look like a solid ride to me.

That looks awesome! Hope that's the real layout.

By the way, it's not an inch taller than Gatekeeper as Gatekeeper will be 170ft tall according to RCDB.

I think he was referring to the drop on Gatekeeper which is listed as 164' on the Cedar Point site.

That looks awesome! Hope that's the real layout.

By the way, it's not an inch taller than Gatekeeper as Gatekeeper will be 170ft tall according to RCDB.

I think he was referring to the drop on Gatekeeper which is listed as 164' on the Cedar Point site.

Judging from GK's lift to drop ratio, their seems to be at-least a 6-foot clearance. So unless Ocean Kingdoms's wingRider drops slightly below grade, GK will still hold the record. This coaster (Judging from above stats) should have around a 158' drop(again, that's with a 6' clearance).

Stop putting obnoxious techno music in NoLimits/RCT videos!

Looks like a pretty decent layout if it is in fact the layout. The underground sections seem like they would be interesting on a Wing Coaster, but there really isn't anything about the layout as a whole that screams "Wing Coaster" (but then again, Wild Eagle is the same way, and apparently it's pretty good). It could easily just be like any other above-track B&M Sitting, Standing, or Floorless coaster.

Looks cool but the No Limits model is already off because this looks like it's going to have the "inverted drop" which is why I never listen to "non park" media. I am sort of surprised by the success of wing coasters in general though... I mean do they really bring new stuff to the table? I pretty much see it as a floorless coaster with a different train design... but B&M does have a good reputation so I guess whatever they build turns to gold(besides the standup) but regardless this seems like a cool project. Despite the fact that it is already off if there is any of that awesome terrain work seen in the pov this will be awesome, but by the same token the layout(from the pov) seems too drawn out to offer much in the force department.

^ I think your right... it looked twisted to me earlier but now for some reason it doesn't. Maybe the pov is accurate after all. Regardless this is going to be interesting... especially the bit of the pov where it goes under the bridge and the way it interacts with the water.

Has anyone found another POV? The video on the last page is now private.

Looks like a nice evolution of the wing coaster design, though contrary to what some are saying I think Gatekeeper looks better with a more complete layout.

^ I don't really know as this one will most likely have no trims (more like Skyscraper and Hair Riaser in terms of forces) and Gatekeeper is definitely going to have those (force less) with it being in the sue happy country called America.