TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ocean Kingdom in China

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

China is going nuts right now with their parks and it's really making China a destination hot spot for coaster junkies. After watching that video of GCI's new woodie over there, China is my top destination spot right now. China is kind of growing like Dubai is but not being as ridiculously outrageous as Dubai.

China is becomin more & more intriguing everyday it seems! I am a big fan of rock work (when its done correctly) so I hope those "walrus mountains" are part of the real deal.

& Ryan, Dubai is just nuts in general for everything they've done or goin to do from indoor ski resorts to rotating skyscrapers!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately theres not much attention because there is not much going on at the moment. Most of it is just a big mud bath for the time being. There is some construction but most of the pictures online are are of the classic "Chinese Businessmen pointing at things" persuasion

HOWEVER There are plenty of those.

In other news I believe this is the one of the hotels being build on the resort site..

• 2 months later...

I'd laugh if the wooden coaster was made by RCCA. Actually no, I'd cry with pain.

I wonder if it'll be a Gravity Group coaster, considering China's been getting a bunch of those (though they're all in the Happy Valley parks I know). I guess we can pretty much guarantee it'll be either an Intamin or a GG.

Looks like there will be a B&M Wing Coaster as well.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1183389#p1183389

This is why we shouldn't get too excited about seeing B&M track at the factory so early...like I pointed out in the other thread I had a feeling the green wingrider was going to an overseas park due to it's early production & shipping schedule.

Wow, this will be a great addition to China. I go to Guangzhou every couple of months and make it a point to hit Chimelong paradise, Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park and I am anxiously looking forward to this park being built. I do enjoy the collection of rides in these 3 parks and this will just make a great addition to my park going experience in China. Chimelong is a nice little park with some fun (but cloned) coasters, HK Disneyland will be a really nice Disney park when the 2 new lands open (already it is a nicer park than Disneyland Paris) and I just went to Ocean Park for the first time and I must say that this is one heck of a nice park, probably in my top 5 parks in the world. I look forward to hitting the Happy Valley parks on future trips and then going to this park when it does finally open.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing is known of the woodie yet, it may be there or it may not. I'm not trusting anything from Chinese concept art anymore.

Also, is this park not supposed to have two water coasters from Mack?

As I said, I don't trust anything conceptual.

I have seen B&M Wing track, and Mack Supersplash track on pics, so i trust those two will get built at least.

I beleieve as China continues to grow economically we will see less and less knock offs as the citizens of the People's Republic demand genuine coaster experiences.

Most likely not, but you will see an increase in quality from the Chinese manufacturers.

The parks in China don't buy the knock-offs because they save money on them.

Chinese just rather do business with Chinese. Hopefully they will start making B&M clones in the future, instead of the Vekoma and Arrow ones.