TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Black Friday

SharkTums

I went to Best Buy around 12:30 am friday morning, it was jam packed but I wasn't interested in any of their doorbuster stuff. I wanted to check out the blu-ray and DVD bargin bins as I am determined to get the most bang for my buck for the TPR gift exchange. There were a lot of good DVDs for $1.99 and some decent Blu-rays for $4.99. I purchased a few of them not really sure if they will be suitable for whoever I get matched with, but since I'm doing multiple gift exchanges this year I knew that they would come in useful somewhere.

I also got $400 worth of iTunes gift cards since best Buy has the $100 cards going for $80 right now.

Do I really purchase that much music off of iTunes? No, but the credit can be applied to all of Apple's digital content and it is the only way possible to get some sort of discount on Final Cut pro and other such programs.

Then today I rode my bike to the mall to get some plain shirts I like that were on sale only today at JC Penny. 3 for 12.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted give a hat tip to fellow TPR member Chadster for taking a pretty epic video of black friday that has gone viral and is being covered by local and national media..

Victoria's Secret Gone Wild.

Here's a link to some of the media coverage . http://www.fox23.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3843880

All this for a free tote bag and buy one get one half price bras.

Why exactly do they not control people entering the store? Is it really that hard to set up a few mall switchbacks and let small groups in one at a time? That's what i see many other stores doing for Black Friday and the fact they just open the doors and let people in is stupid, dangerous and not fun.

Great job Chadster!

I mainly shopped steam and Amazon prime this Black Friday. Did pick up some great bluray box sets at Fry's though.

There is an interesting Amazon lightning deal coming up at 1:39PST today.

DOMO Toaster at Amazon Lightning Deal

Not sure what the discount will be since the deal hasn't started yet.

^Thats amazing! I'm definitely going to try and get it. It could make an awesome Secret Santa present.

Edit: I got it! I am now a proud owner of one of the greatest toasters ever made!

Edited by jray21

I went to Target at 9pm Thursday night to get a 2nd Wii for $120 and a Nook Reader for $50 since I can never get my hands on the tablet to read books. LOL!!

Got the Wii with no problem but I refused to wait in the line to get the Nook.

Got up early on Friday to got o B&N and get the Nook for $60, decided to stop back at Target. Store was TOTALLY dead and they had a ton of Nook's left. Score.

Fast forward to later on Friday and I had to run into Target to get a shirt (long story) and they had a Wii for $99. So basically I had no reason to go at 9pm Thursday.

As for Cyber Monday ... big disappointment so far. I haven't found anything.

As for Cyber Monday ... big disappointment so far. I haven't found anything.

I agree...I haven't found many spectacular deals. Was looking for a new set of Taylor Made irons at Dicks, but their '25% off' price is the same price that they have been running in the flyers for weeks now.

Lame.

OMG, I refuse to shop on Black Friday, mainly because of the crowds. I actually went late at night on Friday after the crowds were gone so I could shop with my birthday money. I went to this very non-crowded mall , and almost EVERYTHING from the Black Friday sales were still there. I went to Hot Topic, and all the good band T-shirts were there , still at their Black Friday prices, it was amazing. I got my girlfriend a few, too. All the skinnies were still at Pac Sun, so I bought some, even though I shouldn't have because I bought a bunch before during the summer for school. Also, Game Stop still had EVERY game!!!, it was amazing, I love that mall!! .

I was watching this video on the news recently from Black Friday in 2005, and when the doors opened, a lot of pedestrians were pushed to the ground, including a lady, whose wig fell off ^_^.

Around 10:30 a.m. on Black Friday, I decided to see what Target had going on. I knew I have been needing a new TV, and I found one that was a door buster but still there. Paid around 200 for a 32" Samsung LED TV. Very great TV, and best of all, there was barely any crowds at Target.

Outside of a few good DVD deals on Amazon I only purchased a pair of jeans at Levis with their 30% off in store.

Being a person who works in retail it seemed like either 1) people weren't big into the shopping mood this year or 2) had crazy specific items they were hunting for deals on and nothing else would do.

It just seems that retailers are focusing more on the "Big Ticket" items like TV's and Computers this year and if you aren't in the market for either (we aren't) then the deals just aren't that great.

No bother, just means more $$ in my bank account in the end.

We were not in the market for a big ticket item either. We still went out anyway, but we didn't leave until after 1am. The mall was dead, and I think I just picked up some wallflower refills from B&BW for $5. Mom got a food processor and dishes on sale. I was surprised that Kohls wasn't crowded. However, one side of checkout lanes was longer than the other. I don't know why some people from the longer line moved to the other side. Oh wait, we were in Wisconsin.

Great job Chadster!

I mainly shopped steam and Amazon prime this Black Friday. Did pick up some great bluray box sets at Fry's though.

There is an interesting Amazon lightning deal coming up at 1:39PST today.

DOMO Toaster at Amazon Lightning Deal

Not sure what the discount will be since the deal hasn't started yet.

My toaster arrived today! It's awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

IMG_4345.jpg.2089ea0a487384740822cce648c2b7f6.jpg

• 4 months later...