TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster should get the next Rocky Mountain treatment?

I think that they should RMC one side of American Eagle. I know that this idea has been thrown out there before, but I think it would be a good move. One side with RMC awesomeness, and the other with the traditional AE experience. Although, I wouldn't mind it if the RMC'd both sides and made it like Twisted Colossus where you basically get two rides. Plus, having two RMCs in one park would really make Six Flags Great America a coaster enthusiast heaven.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghostrider getting topper track would be a godsend. It has a good layout already, and they could do something really cool with the boring turnaround over the lift. That, and given Magic Mountain's upcoming RMC, it'll give Knott's even more reason to give Ghostrider the RMC treatment. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it could get the I-Box treatment as well if Knott's really wants to go all-out. Can't really think of a better name than Ghostrider, though.

I wouldn't exactly call this an RMC makeover, but I hope GhostRider gets a serious, quality re-tracking done, like Thunder Run. Making the ride more tolerable for the average guest could potentially put the ride as the best in the park. I know Knott's is doing some standard re-tracking, but the ride experience has pretty much been the same for the last couple years. IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT! The layout is FANTASTIC although it beats the living crap out of you.

I've always said it, but I want Magnus Colossus at Terra Mitica to get the Iron horse treatment. I just love imagining what could happen with that dive off the quarry hills.

And maybe also Coaster Express at Parque Warner...

... You know what? while we're at it, every RCCA coaster.

I wouldn't exactly call this an RMC makeover, but I hope GhostRider gets a serious, quality re-tracking done, like Thunder Run. Making the ride more tolerable for the average guest could potentially put the ride as the best in the park. I know Knott's is doing some standard re-tracking, but the ride experience has pretty much been the same for the last couple years. IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT! The layout is FANTASTIC although it beats the living crap out of you.

Agreed. I just want them to do whatever is necessary to bring the 2nd half of the ride back to full speed again. Not having to come to a complete stop on the MCBR would make the ride so much better.

Agreed. I just want them to do whatever is necessary to bring the 2nd half of the ride back to full speed again. Not having to come to a complete stop on the MCBR would make the ride so much better.

A bit off topic but why would a coaster be smoother if it goes through the course faster? I read about Anaconda used to be better when the MCBR doesn't trim too much.

I've always said it, but I want Magnus Colossus at Terra Mitica to get the Iron horse treatment. I just love imagining what could happen with that dive off the quarry hills.

And maybe also Coaster Express at Parque Warner...

... You know what? while we're at it, every RCCA coaster.

Don't know about Magnus Colossus (haven't ridden it) but coaster express? Of course it does!

And yeah, form what I know, all RCCAs should get it. Imagine what RMC could have done to SOB

A bit off topic but why would a coaster be smoother if it goes through the course faster? I read about Anaconda used to be better when the MCBR doesn't trim too much.

I think it has something to do with the cars shuffling through the track less and therefore you don't notice all the imperfections in the wood track.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonnerre de Zeus.

By all accounts this used to be an absolutely stunning ride but it screeches round the track now and is no fun after the first hill. So the base material is there, it just needs bringing out so they'd probably get a kick asks ride out of it!

It is still fun, but it has those moments that scream "Ibuprofen"! Maybe cause I'm getting older...lol But I REALLY want to see the Iron Horse treatment (or at least some topper tracks) put on! I've heard strong rumors of this happening but I've also heard the rumors are "dying" off. Just wondering what everyone else is hearing!