TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster should get the next Rocky Mountain treatment?

I would love to see GhostRider get Topper Track and run trimless to say the least, let's make it kick ass again! I would also LOVE to see Colossus get one side run like it used to, and the other side with I-Box track... now the only problem there is to decide what side to ride! Gwazi is in desperate need for RMC love as well... Here's to the future of RMC renovations!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One coaster I forgot to mentioned in my first post is Hurler at Kings Dominion, that thing is truly awful but it has some great potential. I can see those 90* turns running along the ground right now.

I rode the KD Hurler for the first time on Sunday. I don't know how it happened (fluke most likely) but I actually didn't think the ride was that bad. Sure, there was some shuffling around the bends, but there were only a few major bumps, and the long stretch of hills after the first drop and turn was actually relatively smooth. Perhaps it was because I was expecting it to be on a CP's Dinn woodie level of roughness, but you could tell there was a good ride hiding in there. I'd be all for topper track on Hurler, but if it were smooth it would be a great ride that wouldn't need a complete re-do of the design.

Six Flags New England's Cyclone is at the top of my list.

First, Six Flags has been giving the treatment to some of its older wooden roller coasters lately. Back when it opened, the Cyclone was considered one of the country's best coasters thanks to its ferocity and killer ejector air time and the Rocky Mountain Treatment would restore that.

Second, Six Flags New England appears to be running out of room for a major new coaster. If they were to overhaul Cyclone, they would be able to market it as a new attraction and get a great compliment to Bizarro.

I would love to see GhostRider get Topper Track and run trimless to say the least, let's make it kick A$$ again! I would also LOVE to see Colossus get one side run like it used to, and the other side with I-Box track... now the only problem there is to decide what side to ride! Gwazi is in desperate need for RMC love as well... Here's to the future of RMC renovations!

No way they'll let it go trimless.

With all this talk of RMC in all their glory, I can't help but wonder whatever happened to the Intamin Plug and Plays. Both companies utilize a very similar principal to design and build their wooden coasters, so why haven't we seen any Plug and Plays lately...

• 5 months later...