TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster should get the next Rocky Mountain treatment?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go with Mean Streak. Though it is a boring ride, I think RMC could make it a good one. Don't just topper track it, instead change its whole layout. Make it have crazy overbanks, airtime, and more. If not, then just burn Mean Streak down and put in an Intamin woodie!

I really think RMC could make Mean Streak an all around more exciting ride by not just re-profiling it but changing it as a whole.

I'd have to go with Mean Streak. Though it is a boring ride, I think RMC could make it a good one. Don't just topper track it, instead change its whole layout. Make it have crazy overbanks, airtime, and more. If not, then just burn Mean Streak down and put in an Intamin woodie!

I really think RMC could make Mean Streak an all around more exciting ride by not just re-profiling it but changing it as a whole.

I was thinking of a New Texas Giant-style layout change. However, it would use Outlaw Run's smooth track and it would still be considered a wood coaster instead of a hybrid like I-Rat and NTG

I will have to chime in another vote for ghostrider. You walk up to it and the layout just looks amaing but then you ride it and you can't enjoy it because it just jackhammers the whole way. Would love to see it ride like it did when it was new and was one of the best wood coasters in the world.

I also would LOVE to see NTAG/i RAT for Mean Streak. Ghostrider looks amazing but I haven't yet ridden it but folks say it used to be amazing but got unbearably rough, so I guess it could use full topper track. I don't see this in the future yet because, has Cedar Fair worked with Rocky Mountain at all yet?? Son of Beast's structure was apparently too shot to for either treatment but did Cedar Fair really look into it? Not trying to be pessimistic or question anyone's credibility just noting that Cedar Fair has yet to work with Rocky Mountain unless I'm wrong and missed something...

Having rode the Boss for the first time this weekend, I owuld say that it would be nice to add some elements to the ride, as it was pretty decent, but seemed to lack a certain je ne sais pas. It just seemed to pitter out too early. I also feel that while the park was nice, it lacked a real signiture ride, and I think that if they decided to treat the boss, it could very well become Six Flags St Louis' signiture ride.

I think the Boss works already as SFstL's signature ride. It, like Ghostrider, could benefit from Topper track if anything.

I think Mean Streak. As much as I still love the ride (much smoother in 2012 than in years), it's still pretty boring. Best case scenario Cedar Point RMCs Mean Streak one year and adds another amazing woodie to the lineup the next.

^I'm for anything that could make CGA's Grizzly less boring. I wouldn't mind seeing the Hurlers at KD and Carowinds getting the Rocky Mountain treatment. Hurler (KD) was a very good ride when it first opened, but hasn't aged well. Topper Track might be the solution.

^Yes, I find them to be equally bad. But I was lucky enough to ride Hurler during its first season at KD (not at Carowinds). RMC might be able to make these rides good once again.

^inb4 "Cedar Point Woodie" spamming

In all seriousness, the "Cedar Point Woodie" doesn't really need much more than topper track and new trains, as is the story with The Boss, Ghostrider, and pretty much every CCI woodie this side of Boulder Dash and Megaphobia.

As for the Iron Horse treatment, I can be told to dream on, but I really want Colossus at SFMM to have one track get the Iron Horse treatment and leave the other as is. I guess I'm alone here, though; I've never heard this suggested before.

Didn't the New England Cyclone alreadt get Topper Track in 2011? I doubt that it will get an Iron Horse make-over soon...

My vote still goes to Colossos at SFMM, and when already having a crew in SoCal they could do Topper Track for Ghostrides as well Well as untill now i didn't get a change to ride them, but still planning a trip for 2014

^So what, the Rattler at SFFT got Topper Track in 2010 and look what happened.

Any way, my vote is for the Cyclone at SFNE as well, along with the coaster that has "Mean" in its name at Cedar Point.

Every time someone mentions Mean Streak in this thread, a puppy spontaneously combusts. Please for the sake of the puppies stop saying it!

Nah, I love woodies and kinda hate what's happening to them now...unless it's really needed and Mean Streak is one. That thing is slow and boring.

At least it had something when it was rough. After the re-profile it just is totally lame.

Pretty much if it's a good ride/layout/has speed but is really rough, I can accept topper track. If it just sucks, like Rattler, Mean Streak then transform that thing!

Thinking about some international coasters. How about Spain's three (well four) wooden coasters renowned for their roughness and/or terrible layouts: Stampida, Magnus Colossus, and Coaster Express?

Also Le Monstre, but that one's probably less likely considering it just got new trains.