TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster should get the next Rocky Mountain treatment?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this has already been said, but it's still totally true: ALL OF THEM.

Seriously, Rocky Mountain Coasters just revolutionized the industry with how awesome their rides have turned out thus far. Every single park with an aging wooden coaster NEEDS the RMC treatment.

Also posted to the Mitch Hawker wood coaster poll thread:

Cedar Point's Mean Streak would be a prime candidate for a Rocky Mountain iron track. Iron Streak could be called "i Streak."

The problem with doing this to Mean Streak is that true it would be a better ride, but still a boring ride. The layout is lackluster at best, not sure CF would put the cash into doing this to Mean Streak.

Also posted to the Mitch Hawker wood coaster poll thread:

Cedar Point's Mean Streak would be a prime candidate for a Rocky Mountain iron track. Iron Streak could be called "i Streak."

The problem with doing this to Mean Streak is that true it would be a better ride, but still a boring ride. The layout is lackluster at best, not sure CF would put the cash into doing this to Mean Streak.

Have you seen what RMC did to Texas Giant? If Mean Streak got the RMC I-Box treatment, it would become on of the best steel coasters in the world.

The Beast. After seeing how crazy Outlaw Run is I can only imagine what the Beast would be like if they just started completely from scratch on everything between the two lifts, then re-worked the finale. Maybe add a barrel roll off of the second lift leading into the double helix or something. I've always thought it would be cool to add 800 or so feet of track to the layout and make that thing the longest coaster in the world again, wood or steel.

(I know the purists out there hate this idea, but whatever it would be awesome)

You mean the I Box treatment?

The obvious one is Mean Streak.

It actually wasn't very rough now after the reprofiling but that took away ANY thrill...it's just a boring, uninspired ride in itself.

I'd say the RMC treatment would only make it a bit better but NTG begs to differ I guess.

Honestly, I like a shaky even rough ride. I do kinda fear eventually the traditional woodie will be dead, and those that remain will get the I Box.

A few could certainly use the track topper though:

Hurler, and from what I hear: Gwazi, Ghost Rider, Boss

My biggest concern would be parks turning an otherwise amazing layout (Ghostrider or even Roar comes to mind) and instead of just doing the topper track they do the complete makeover like NTAG or IRAT.

There is nothing wrong with the layouts of most of these coasters and I'd hate to lose the "traditional wooden coaster" in order to make them all more like steel coasters.

Mean Streak definately! It could easily be the tallest, fasteset, steepest, any other 'est out there, Hybrid. But i really dont see them doing this!

I'd also like to see Topper Track on Shivering Timbers! Not going to happen, but that could really bump this coaster back up in the higher rankings.

My biggest concern would be parks turning an otherwise amazing layout (Ghostrider or even Roar comes to mind) and instead of just doing the topper track they do the complete makeover like NTAG or IRAT.

There is nothing wrong with the layouts of most of these coasters and I'd hate to lose the "traditional wooden coaster" in order to make them all more like steel coasters.

I'd agree with this. I love Ghostriders layout as is and think the topper track would be the better option in it's makeover.

It honestly needs to be gutted. Probably the most of any that have already been done! Some of the lift hill may be all thats left from the original layout . I agree, the layout is boring!

On MS? I don't think it would deviate a ton - the layout is similar to NTAG, just less intense, and RMC could fix that without deviating a lot. iRat would probably be more different - they ripped out the helix and end portion.