TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi Photo Trip Report

dubaidave

Oh, then I had a really a lucky day! I got many rides last week on Dec. 1st. Formula Rossa wasn´t opened at 12am, but they tried hard to fix the problem and got it at 5pm. Many people I talked to, while watching, what´s happening there had to leave before, cause the most of them had fixed dates for busses and so on. I stayed there until the end at 10pm and got many rides, but it brakes down a lot on this day - only for short times, with rollbacks and you directly started again. In the evening on my last ride I had have a rollback, too. (The Ride OP was kidding and told us there were a huge cat running across the launchtrack and asked wether we saw it...)

I love the launch, the ride itself is very smooth but nothing thrilling ,in my opinion, but defenitively better than no track or a short track after a launch! The launch feels like two seperate launches. At first the normal launch, like in the most launch coasters for example "Rita" and after the half straight track you get more pushed back and your skin in your face begins to wobble - that might be for a small time slot to stop the launch, cause on my last ride the coaster breakes down at this point and didn´t get the second full launch.

The Goggles are no problem, I liked the ride more with them than without them in the second row, cause you can´t have the eyes stayed opened after the launch on the hill! You can try, but you won´t see anything, you´re too fast.

The trims didn´t annoy me; I think you´ll need them or you won´t sit in the car after the hill You recognize them if you make sure for them, but not on your first ride, cause you´ll be impressed with that fast launch to hell

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your quick reply, have you had the chance to experience this monster or is the computer issues holding up you fastest coaster on the planet credit?

Nope! We missed it. Not a big deal though. It happens sometimes. There is always next time....

Oh no! I'm actually there for today, but it has closed. Can't wait to ride the coasters. They prepared the park for the Grand opening in the evening.

If you look at the park's website, they are closed every Monday. It wasn't because they were getting ready for the opening, that's their normal operating schedule.

--Robb

Oh no! I'm actually there for today, but it has closed. Can't wait to ride the coasters. They prepared the park for the Grand opening in the evening.

If you look at the park's website, they are closed every Monday. It wasn't because they were getting ready for the opening, that's their normal operating schedule.

--Robb

That´s right, every Monday is a closed day.

I arrived in Abu Dhabi on Monday evening and went for a "short" walk - in reality this building and the area around are so big - to Ferrari World to get some pictures in the night. I get a glimpse from the outside at some opened door for some tests on a video screen and the Security Service told me that it would be for the next day, but didn´t tell me that the Park will have on the next day it´s Grand Opening - I thought it´s for a normal show in this buillding, like the parades in Disney Parks and so on. So I tried to visit the Park on Tuesday, until they told me at the entrance that this day is a closed day only for invited people cause of the Grand Opening, like I wrote in my first post. So Tuesday was the day I talked about.

Yas Marina Hotel on the F1 Circuit was the meeting point for all the invented people and some of them get a ride in Ferraries while they were brought to Ferrari World at the other end of the F1 Track. I was there in a Restaurant (Noodle Box) and watched what´s going on there. In the evening I got some shots of the great firework - not comparable to the other fireworks of buildings in that area, but still great to look at. I will try to upload some pictures and video files soon.

So my planed visiting day was Tuesday, but because of the Grand Opening I had to wait one more day and was there on Wednesday Dec. 1st, while I already checked out and my next hotel in Dubai had to wait for me

• 1 month later...

This sums up the ride quite well...

Seriously, I do know that Robb has a full ridethrough so I'll see what he plans to do with it. The ride is pretty much pitch black and every once in awhile you get splashed or see some shapes above you.

Off the record, don't expect it to be at the park for too long.