TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Better Themeing?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this themeing for KK? I seemed to miss it. The queue is themed, so is the station.

Thats where it ends though. You just race out over what used to be parking lot, go up and come back. I really think its crappy how theres no access to the tower or the camel back. You are so restricted from the ride it isnt even funny.

I prefer Dragsters all the way even though KK was margainlly better. Especially considering my ride on KK was not very good. EXTREME Intamin shuffle at 128mph = insane headache (not just me, or my group, but most on my train and other trains that night). Airtime was great, better than expected on the camel but Ive had more on Dragsters top hat depending on launch speed.

However, I felt so cut off from the ride. Im more akin to rides where you have access to the different parts of the ride so I can watch the riders and feel like the ride is actually part of the park. KK doesnt feel like its totally integrated with the park. Almost like an "extension" of GK which is an extension of the park itself. Its weird.

^I agree. That's one of the things that makes me like TTD. I like how not only can you see TTD launch, but you also walk behind the top-hat. Also, there is the creek in the middle of the park which sits next to the far side. Overall, TTD just seems like it fits into the park better.

Top Thrill Dragster has theming that Kingda Krap can't live up to. TTD's theming fits better into the ride and KK's doesn't even say anything. Drag racing is much better than getting lost in the jungle. The whole theme of drag racing is QUICK SPEED. Where in a jungle theme is a launch to 128 mph? It just doesn't fit. I could understand a lifthill coaster, but this is ridiculous. That's why KK doesn't count for me (except in my track record). I still consider TTD the tallest fastest coaster in the world. It is much better, too.

Fan boys can grow up now. I think its time.

I love CP, its my home park, but Dragster is not the tallest and fastest coaster in the world anymore.

However, as I said, I havent heard consistant good things about KK and I frankly think its near the edge of what Intamins rockets can handle. I had a severe headache after riding due to the shuffling on launch, up the hat and into the air hill (basically all high G high speed areas). Imagine Intamin shuffle, then times it by 10. It wasnt the first time I heard this and it was not pleasant.

I also heard many people talking about this in and around the ride area. So its obviously something cronic. I have had reports that it does run without the shuffle but even most KK lovers agree that the shuffle is a problem that needs to be taken care of.

Aside from that, lower capacity than Dragster and the lack of access, its a GREAT ride. The airtime hill delivers some great airtime (nothing like SR but also very good) and I think with a fast run, youd get monster airtime over both top hat and the air hill in the front car.

I still think however that Dragster is not only more consistant, but also FAR more efficient and a bit more immersed into the park as said above. It feels like its part of the park, not just thrown in there. Not to say the area in Golden Kingdom wasnt awesome, because it was, its just the absolute lack of access to 75% of the ride that bothers me.

KK, still a great ride. Once the stuttering launch is fixed (Yup, it pulsed 4 times en-route to top speed), the shuffle is fixed and they open up areas, then I would say its probably ready to take down Dragster. Only time will tell, it needs more time (like 2 years) to get all of its bugs out too.

I think we're comparing apples and oranges here guys. Cedar Fair and Six Flags are known to not put "big" themes into their coasters, but that's why they're called Amusement Parks and not Theme Parks. The dragster and jungle themes are smaller themes to go by and you shouldn't expect anything spectactular in terms of theme and scenery. However I must agree that the rocket coaster design looks much better at Cedar Point than it does at Six Flags Great Adventure.

besides the logos, KK's trains are plain. TTD's trains are pointed and have fins in the front like a real dragster. They used to have tires and spoilers in the back. SF didn't even try to do anything like that. it wouldn't really fit with a jungle theme to put anything special on the trains.

I'm not saying that KK isn't the tallest and fastest roller coaster. That's a fact. I am, however saying, that Kingda Krap doesn't count because it is a COPY. Copies suck. It's like atiques. If it is the original, it is worth a lot more than an exact copy of it. i don't care if they added a hill. The end isn't really the best part.

I have no interest in getting a ride on KK.. I think Intamin needs some more damn good coasters....non rocket coasters..

Geforce, S:ROS, Mellenium, those rides beat TTD and KK anyday..

It's not Intamin, but the parks who decide what kind of coasters they want and how they look like and what elements they have and so on...

Coasterlover420, KK is definatley not a copy. Its not themed after drag racing, its faster,taller, it has different colors, there is a bunny hill after the top hat, and it has more cars on its trains, it has a dual, loading station, and it has 4 trains.

If KK had none of that, and if it was themed after drag racing, than it would be a copy.

One thing though, any coaster that goes faster than 80 mph should never, under no circumstances have Over The Shoulder Restraints on it. Especially Kingda Ka because alot of people are complaining about the rattle the trains do. Top Thrill Dragster will always be my favorite because they use the lap bar system instead of those OTSRs.