TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2010 Trade Show Orlando Coverage! Photo & Video Update

SharkTums

Hey Robb

Thanks for the updates it's very much appriciated and really interesting to see how different companies pitch different ideas.

Got an odd question though. As someone who goes to IAAPA every year do you find certain companies update and change their booths every year while others will keep using the same set up year after year?

I visit Oceanology or Ocean Buisness every year and I tend to find the well established companies will very rarely change their setup as people know who they are already where as the new startups are always changing their stands. Wondered if it tends to be the same at IAAPA?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 3 - Update #4 - 5:50 P.M. - More from Proslide!

You guys said you liked those Proslide models so much, so here's a few close-ups!

They are all just so cute!

You want to just pick them up and pet them.

New Clover Wheel rafts.

Can some of our TPR model builders do this?

They look so real!

This one is really awesome!

Wildebeast model!

This one is very purple.

I wish they sold these!

Thanks for the awesome models Proslide!

Day 3 - Update #5 - 7:40 P.M. - Coaster Models, Maurer Wheels, Rocky Mountain Coasters, and MORE!!

And don't forget to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Here is a close-up of this year's Lo-q pins. They will be included in the IAAPA bags of crap!

And a close-up of those cool new waterpark q-bots.

Wanna take a ride down the Alpine Slide?

Close-up of that Mack spinning water ride.

Here is that Flowrider/Lazy River combo.

Speaking of models, here is Rip Ride Rockit!

And we can't get enough of these awesome new Maurer wheels! They start off like this...

Then get brighter as the wheels spin faster.

And then... LIGHT SHOW EXPLOSION!!!

This will be the view in Texas very soon!

And you know, if that topper track doesn't work out, looks like there is a great business in picnic tables!

Nothing better than a Coca-Cola Millennium Flyer!

More crazy ideas from KMG!

Want more models? Ok! Here's a Gerstlauer spinner!

Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter with lap bars.

Maurer Skywheel.

The Happy Swing!

"Can ARN&R please caption me?"

NOTED!

there is a video from the LED wheels i postet some weeks ago, the first time this will be used is at the launch coaster at bayern park germany, so because i think the most of you missed it, here again is the video(maybe sometimes you should better use the search function, like the admins everytime remember everyone that something has been postet before ) :

^

Robb, can you please ask Rick Hunter, if it's possible to tell you the exact opening date and day of the Proslides at Wild Wadi in December?

I'll plan a visit on Dec. 2nd/3rd; it would be great to ride them!

Thank you. For the interesting and funny updates, too!

Final Photo Update for IAAPA 2010!! Hope, you guys have enjoyed them. MORE VIDEOS STILL TO COME!!!

As our IAAPA 2010 coverage comes to a close, we want to re-cap a few of the AWESOME things we saw...

LAUNCHED WOODEN COASTER!!!

The evil helicopter drop tower.

Rocky Mountain Coasters dispelling silly Internet rumors!

Spiderman!!!!

Everything from Intamin...

Dolly Parton...

Secret new hotness from Sally...

Story Time with Chris Gray. And our favorite thing at IAAPA 2010....drum roll please....

BOOBS!!!!

No caption needed! This wraps up TPR's IAAPA photo coverage See you in 2011! More IAAPA videos still to come!

Edited by ernierocker

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!! Loved the report. I can't say thanks enough!

Can't wait for the Pretzel Cones!!! There are so many things to look forward to in the near future. As for the pro-slides, Wildebeest is an incredible watercoaster. Much more comfortable and smooth than the Master Blasters. As for the Topsy-Turvy and Tantrums, I have only been on them once, but do they all have those super annoying speed bumps? We went on them at Adventure Island on the Middle America trip so I don't know if the bumps are standard, or if it's an Adventure Island thing.

Now I need to get a Rocky Mountain Coaster bench and play with some playdough!

Robb, can you please ask Rick Hunter, if it's possible to tell you the exact opening date and day of the Proslides at Wild Wadi in December?

Sorry, Ledgy, I won't be back to IAAPA to ask him. I would suggest emailing the park.

--Robb

Got an odd question though. As someone who goes to IAAPA every year do you find certain companies update and change their booths every year while others will keep using the same set up year after year?

To be honest, the booths don't change much from year to year. Just have a look at the 7 years of IAAPA trip reports we have in the Park Index, and you'll see for yourself how similar they stay over the years:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=189

--Robb