TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2010 Trade Show Orlando Coverage! Photo & Video Update

SharkTums

That cashless queue system would be great for "pay per slide" water areas like the water slides at Knoebels IMO.

The drop tower looks so innocent! So misleading! Is it in the part one video (probably not)? I haven't watched it yet.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I question the Dippin' Dot guy's credibility. Didn't I see him in a Miami/ Dade county felony rap sheet a couple of years ago? Yes, yes! Now I remember. Seems that Dippin Dots Guy isn't his real name after all. It's Gerald, Gerald Flemkie. He is wanted in ten different states for spreading rumors about theme park additions and ride removals. He must be stopped Robb. It is your civic duty to apprehend this felon and bring him to justice!

So answer me this, exactly how many fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to I have to defile in order to get into this next year?

EDIT: I don't mean lock3rs, I mean fluffy bunnies.

You only need be a member or employee of an IAAPA member organization.

Like ACE.

Can you imagine if Club TPR counted for this? That'd up the awesome factor of membership ten times what it already is!

Day 2 - Update #2 - 1:30 P.M. - Martin & Vleminckx, Mondial, Wiegand and MORE!

Did we mention LAUNCHED WOODIE SHUTTLE???

And another view of the LAUNCHED WOODEN SHUTTLE!

And let's not forget the insane HIGH FIVE element!

Kara aka Timberskara not only Gives Kids The World, but she gives the world a car!

These guys partner with Kuka for the RoboCoaster.

This looks interesting.

Not even exactly sure what this is...but it looks cool.

Sartori had kind of an empty booth.

Mondial had lots of pictures.

I'm a little nervous about the Chinese Knock-Off Bumble Bee!

Wiegand are the guys who do all those Alpine Slides and Coasters.

This probably looks very familiar...

...but this is brand new! We are told it's kind of like a suspended Bobkart and one is opening in Germany for 2011.

Is it just me, or does the launched woodie shuttle register as one of the most pointless ideas in the history of pointless ideas?

Also, it seems the "high five" woodie wouldn't work too well in the states. I mean, that would require parks and crews to actually consistently dispatch both trains accordingly, correct? Besides the short list of parks that may be capable of this, I don't put much stock in it happening.

Love the updates, guys! Great work.

Is it just me, or does the launched woodie shuttle register as one of the most pointless ideas in the history of pointless ideas?

I like the idea of launched woodie, but i think it would make more sense from a capacity standpoint to make it a full circuit. Maybe they have more tricks up their sleeve?, but the model isn't really impressive to me. It's not a junior woodie shuttle, right?

^^I think it's the pointlessness of a launched wooden shuttle coaster that makes me love it so very, very much. "Lumber Linear Gale." Or "Grandson of Beast." I would definitely ride one of those, happily.

Great work on the updates; thanks so much!

Robb, the thing you were not sure of by 3DBA - I am pretty sure I have seen a CGi video of that thing in operation, the platform all the seats are mounted too rotates back to the horizontal whilst the seats tilt back to "seating position" this enables a simple loading system but a view for all of the screen!

I'm still curious about how the high five will feel. It seems like a strange rotation without any g forces to keep you in your seat. I think I saw it will be running timberliners so it will come down to how those support the upper body especially how comfortable it will be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos of Robb on rides as that was definitely a high point of last years coverage.

Day 2 - Update #3 - 3:30 P.M. - Proslide, Evil Devices, and Yellow Snow!

Proslide always seems to be on the cutting edge of water park rides.

Rick Hunter, President of Proslide showing off models of some of their latest designs.

This model is a Hydromagnetic Mammoth, which is the next version of the LIM powered waterslide and features a 6-person "Clover Wheel" tube.

The Super Loop is Proslide's answer to the Aqua Loop and also features a trap door free fall beginning.

This is the Tantrum Alley and something new called the Bowling Alley where several bowl elements are included within the slide.

The Mammoth Bubba is another design featuring the new Clover Wheel 6-person tubes.

And there is a Bowling Alley slide scheduled to open in December 2010!

Proslide's products get us seriously excited about water parks!

Oh no! This evil device is back!!!

I'm not sure what this is, but it looks cool!

Thank you for making Wild Train awesome!

All the plush you could possibly imagine!

Lol! They want you to eat the yellow snow!

Awesome!!

Proslide is one of my favorite companies in the industry. I was on one of their speed slides this morning as a matter of fact! White Water is cool and all, but when it comes to waterparks I have to admit I'm a Proslide fanboy. I want to see one of those hydromagnetic mammoth slides!

Re: Proslide, how'd they make those quite accurate-looking and yet teeny-tiny slide models? Guessing they came out of some high-end CAD-driven 3D printer or something? In that first shot, I thought the guy was holding a handful of badge lanyards, till I looked more closely...