TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Challenge - Winter 2010/11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have judged every entry I have gotten so far, unless I get barraged with entries at the last minute, winners and the scoring table will be announced tomorrow, December 24. My next contest will also start concurrently.

You should wait until Christmas...after the due time, and if there isn't a last-minute entry, wait until tomorrow afternoon-ish to reveal the winner. It's due at midnight, so wait until at least tomorrow.

Honestly?

I thought yesterday was the 23rd.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I have the winners! Technically, since I only got four entries, all four entries are winners in one way or another.

First Place - 44 points

Charge

by aceospades1250

This coaster was excellent. It was incredibly intense within the constraints throughout. The only issues I had were a few turns with unrealistic roll rates, some supports not cleaned, and one clearance issue (tunnel tested okay, but not very realistic, even for a head-chopper).

Second Place - 41 points

Sonic and the Temple of the Ring

by coast4airtime

This was a very good ride, with a few exceptions. There's some shaky track mid-way through, and some of the elements screamed Intamin.

Third Place - 39 points

Zealot

by inflameswetrust21

Technically sound and the most original of the group. However, it was painfully slow (compared to the others) and the support work was not very realistic.

Honorable Mention - 38 points

Skyline

by coasterlover420

The ride started out strong, but quickly lost its adrenaline in the third third of the ride. The biggest shot at realism was the support work.

Complete breakdown of results -

Congratulations to all of you.

Mine is available on the Nolimits Exchange

Thanks for hosting this challenge, AJ! Pretty stoked that I won. I'm posting another coaster on the aforementioned website in a few minutes if you guys want to check it out. It's another woodie with a more classic feel to it, all designed in Newton using constant radii instead of specifying forces. I'm sure that using the HSAK and AHG would be a better choice but I don't have the tools anymore and wanted to see if I could do it in Newton. I'll be uploading it with the name "Yeti".