TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Tony Hawk" "Wiggles" and "Thomas" to leave Six Flags?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that for Johnny Rockets they had to purchase specific grills and other equipment that probably was well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars if you combine all the stores they opened throughout the chain.

This is what I find so puzzling .. it seems that if they just rented out the retail space, then it would be up to the renters to equip it, staff it, supply it, and run it - plus Six Flags would actually be getting paid. I'm obviously missing something here, because it sounds like it's not that simple. Is it a zoning issue (ie: will it conflict with the malls and such outside the parks)??

Cameron.

What?! Are they serious?! Six Flags going back to its basics?!

I'm all for it as long as they don't go back to the ride rotation program. LOL j/j

This could be a good thing....we're just gonna have to see how it goes. As far as the park food goes, I wish them the best. I'm going to keep an open and positive mind on this one. Can't wait to visit the parks next year.

No more Thomas...no more Wiggles! This may be the greatest announcement I remember in a long, long time.

They never needed to go any further than the originals, (DC Comics/Looney Toons), I guess learning that later rather than never is still a good thing.

I just don't understand why Six Flags feels compelled to sell incredibly crappy food (for the most part) at outrageous prices.

I know that Holiday World, Dollywood, SDC, Knoebel's, and Hersheypark all sell quality food at reasonable prices. Are these parks not profiting from food sales?

If they are, why hasn't Six Flags caught on, yet?

I haven't gone to any Six Flags parks since this licensing stuff even began. But from photos I've seen, and just knowing how there are Wiggles, Thomas, and Loony Tunes just did not seem to mix well. It was almost as though these theme parks were taking on pop culture as it's theme rather than the traditional WB/DC Comics theme. To me, it really felt like a mixed bag of clashing things going on.

I wonder of the train advertisement wraps will be seeing an end to it's life soon? Nothing disgusted me more than seeing SF Great America's Demon train all colorful and not very 'demonic' looking (I believe it had Stride Gum?)

^^

I totally agree. I hope the advertising stuff is going too. I'll never forget my first visit to SFDK. When we got there I got to see a HUGE Geico banner draped on the side of Roar. Very tacky so I hope that's going away soon along with the clown cars we got to see on a lot of coasters this past year.

I know that for Johnny Rockets they had to purchase specific grills and other equipment that probably was well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars if you combine all the stores they opened throughout the chain.

This is what I find so puzzling .. it seems that if they just rented out the retail space, then it would be up to the renters to equip it, staff it, supply it, and run it - plus Six Flags would actually be getting paid. I'm obviously missing something here, because it sounds like it's not that simple. Is it a zoning issue (ie: will it conflict with the malls and such outside the parks)??

Cameron.

Johnny Rockets is one of the locations operated by SF and their employees. So six flags was required to pay for the supplies to operate it. Panda, not SF operated and therefor funded by Panda.

I don't really get the food argument. It's the same, edible, but certainly not amazing food you get at just as marked up at movie theaters, concert venues, lots of stadiums/arenas, etc. Lots of the posts here are making it sound like you are guaranteed to get food poisoning by eating at a Six Flags park.

FWIW, I had a $14 burger at the Farm of Beverly Hills that I thought was the same quality as a Six Flags burger.

Edited by Jew

The chain food is what I like at Six Flags America. I ALWAYS eat at Panda Express because it is the most healthy food they sell besides Subway. Also it is not that much more expensive then the mall Panda's. I do not really like the burgers, pizza, and chicken fingers they sell. That is really all they sell there.

^ My only problem with the Panda Express experience at Six Flags is that the line for that is longer than any ride in the park. We go to SFoG every Easter. Little to no waits for everything, except for overpriced, bad, chinese takeout.

David "Bitter, party of one" McCollum

• 2 weeks later...

Wiggles World is now been confirm to KIDZOPOLIS at SFNE!! (http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rides/KidsRides.aspx)

Captain Feathersword's Rockin' Pirate Ship = Ship’s Ahoy!

Big Red Planes = Whirlybirdz

Big Red Cars = Krazy Kars

Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cups = Krazy Kups

Cold Spaghetti Western Wheel = (Hasn't change yet)

Wags' Doggie Copters = ZoomJets

Henry's Underwater Swing Band = Zinger Swings

S.S. Feathersword Pirate Ship and Henry's Splish Splash = Splish Splash Zone

Route 66 = Route 66

Mr. Six's Splash Island has now been transformed to Splash Island

No mention of Thomas Town!!

------------------------------------------------

Six Flags America Confirm Thomas Town Name Changes (http://www.sixflags.com/america/rides/KidsRides.aspx):

Thomas Town = Whistlestop Park

Harold the Helicopter = Whistlestop Whirlybirds

Cranky the Crane Tower Ride = Sky Jumper

Bertie the Bus Ride = Whistlestop Bus Line

Diesel Derby = Happy Junction

Sodor Carnival Ferris Wheel = Up, Up, & Away

Thomas Town Play Structure = Whistlestop Park Playground

Thomas Town Pop Jet Fountain = Splash Zone

Thomas the Tank Engine = Whistlestop Train

Additionally, Tony Hawk's Halfpipe is now know as "The Halfpipe"... Falling Star remains missing from the ride list...

-------------------------------

Six Flags St. Louis Confirm Coaster Name Changes (http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/rides/ThrillRides.aspx)

Evel Knievel = American Tunder

Tony Hawks Big Spin = Big Spin

These are the only parks I found so far!!

SFFT is getting KIDZOPOLIS also. http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/food/ThemedAreasFoodFun.aspx

Six Flags Fiesta Texas celebrates the history, culture and uniqueness of Texas through five themed areas. Soak up the sights and sounds of each section as you walk through our beautiful, 200-acre theme park, located in a limestone quarry surrounded by dramatic 10-story cliffs. Young kids will especially enjoy KIDZOPOLIS, where they can climb, ride, and explore.

SFDK is getting the best retheme IMO.

Seaside Junction

-Harold the Helicopter will be Air Penguins

-Bertie the Bus will be Merlin's Seaside Tour's

-Thomas the Train is Seaside Railway.

Plus there is a Splish Splash Zone.

http://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/rides/KidsRides.aspx

Also the ride names for GAdv's "Safari Kids" are:

Big Red Planes = Air Safari

Bouncin' With Wags = Jumpin' Joey

Big Red Cars = Safari Tours

Dorthy Rose's Ballons = Sky Zooma

SFOG added Whistlestop Bus Company to the last. Its one of the rides from SFNE, since SFNE got rid of theirs all together. SFOG also added Whistlestop Wagon Wheel. Did that come from American Adventures?

http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/rides/KidsRides.aspx

Lastly, Great America is the third park to get KIDZOPOLIS. The names are the same as they are at SFNE. http://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/rides/KidsRides.aspx

Oh and one last thing, I checked SFMM's site and it seems like they've removed Thomas Town from the site all together instead of making it Whistlestop Park? Whats up with that?

3 New more updates:

Rollercoaster Cuts No More!

15oe3iq.gif.edd5ab0e8c7f5e56b463ce4addc89760.gif

http://rollercoastercuts.com/

---------

At SFNE Cold Spaghetti Western Wheel will be rethemed to Wacky Wheel thats in the KIDZOPOLIS section.

---------

SFFT has new names for KIDZOPOLIS:

Before = Wiggles World = Holiday In The Park (2010) = 2011

Rollschuhcoaster = Romp Bomp A Stomp = Kiddie Coaster

Kinderbahn = Big Red Cars = Cartoon Cars = Krazy Kar

Lil' Bronco Buster = Wiggly Trail Ride = Lil' Bronco Buster = Buckarooz

= Big Red Planes = Junior Barnstormer = ZoomJets

= Yummy Yummy Fruit Salad = Flying Fruit Cups = Up, Up & Away

= S.S. Feathersword's Playship = Pirate's Playship = Splish Splash Zone

Edited by robbalvey

Rollercoaster Cuts never really made sense to me. I don't really get why someone would want to get their hair cut at a theme park, I actually think that's sort of weird. I mean, a haircut place fits in thematically on Main Street at Disney... but how Six Flags ever think this would fit in to their properties is beyond me.

Six Flags, focus on what you're good at. I'm glad their cutting all of this extra crap from the company.

You know, I just want to put this out there - with all these changes we've seen - licenses going away, off-shoot businesses closing, staff being laid off, events being cancelled, hours being cut, I really just want to make sure everyone is prepared when the announcement comes that they are closing a park or two.

Not that I know of anything like this coming down the pipe, but when you see a company that is hacking and slashing things I wouldn't put it past them to be taking a look at all their properties and consider making huge cuts there too...

So in the words of Scar from The Lion King, "Be Prepared!" That's all I can say.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey