TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the off-season to save up for next season's trips, usually plan a weekend getaway to Florida or California, spend lots of time at brewpubs, and this year take up winter sports like snowboarding...which will probably mean I'll get at least 4-6 weeks chilling out in a body cast in a hospital bed. It'll be more fun with morphine!

1. Look at coaster related sites on the web

2. Hang out with my coaster club buds and talk about coasters

3. Watch TPR videos (specifically the RAW series...can't wait for RAW 5)

4. Go to Smoky Mountain Coasterfest at Dollywood the weekend before Thanksgiving

5. FREAK OUT because I know I am not going to ride anything til March!

To help ease the withdraw of the off-season and to help celebrate IAAPA week, starting tomorrow, TPR will be giving away a Bag-Of-Crap each day of the event! But not just any Bag-Of-Crap, a Bag-Of-Crap full of IAAPA goodies!! So, how do you win? Here is how!

-Pay close attention to Robb's updates from IAAPA (either through Robb's Facebook page or the main forum). Don't forget to check out the Video Reports too, because those are fair game as well!

-Check in each day with the TPR Facebook page.

-Random Bag-Of-Crap Giveaways will pop up on the TPR Facebook throughout the week. Each of the giveaways will be associated with one of the IAAPA updates posted that day, but WHEN will it be posted??? You will just have to keep checking in to find out!

-Finally, a Video Scavenger Hunt will be posted in THIS thread. All the items for the scavenger hunt will be found in Robb's videos from IAAPA.

Here are some important links if you don't know them already:

Robb's Facebook Page

Theme Park Review's Facebook Page

Have fun playing!

Edited by ernierocker

^

Watch Facebook for when they post a Bag of Crap give away. To receive said Bag of Crap you need to complete whatever challenge/answer whatever question is associated within the given time frame. All the answers will be within the TPR IAPPA thread or in the videos Robb uploads.

OR

Participate in the Video Scavenger Hunt (which I'm going to assume we'll have details on later when the updates are coming hard and fast

If I'm reading that correctly.

^

Watch Facebook for when they post a Bag of Crap give away. To receive said Bag of Crap you need to complete whatever challenge/answer whatever question is associated within the given time frame. All the answers will be within the TPR IAPPA thread or in the videos Robb uploads.

OR

Participate in the Video Scavenger Hunt (which I'm going to assume we'll have details on later when the updates are coming hard and fast

If I'm reading that correctly.

What he said! All the details for the Video Scavenger Hunt will be posted on THIS thread. In fact, here are said details:

- I will post it sometime Thursday night (probably after 8:00 Eastern Time)

- There should be around 10-15 items to find.

- If you are the first to correctly guess the location of an item, you will be eligible for the drawing.

- The format of your answer should look similar to this: (Item No. 2: Robb eating Dippin Dots - @ 2:42 in video)

- You can not get your name in the drawing more than once, so multiple correct answers for a username will be deleted.

- I will be following the thread through the night and will quote each correct answer. So, if you see your answer has been quoted by me, you are in!

- Once all the items have been found, I will use a Random Number Generator to select the winner and they will be announced Friday afternoon!

I want as many people as possible to be able to participate in this scavenger hunt, so I will give plenty of warning when it will occur. However, the Facebook giveaways will be be more of the Pop Quiz variety.

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, REMEMBER TO READ THE UPDATES CAREFULLY!

Edited by ernierocker

I attend school, do some odd neighborhood snow shoveling jobs, attend Detroit Mercy basketball games (I'm a season ticket holder), hang out with friends and attend college for most of it. Then, as soon as the ice and snow start consistently melting off our trees, I plan for the new season and hope all goes well before I repeat it next Fall.

I seriously can't wait for next summer, I'm really looking forward to the NE TPR trip and also the possibility of going to Disneyland Resort with a friend and my dad in the early Spring.

Hey guys! Good news, there is still ONE more chance to win an IAAPA Bag-Of-Crap!

Tonight, I will post the Video Scavenger Hunt in this thread. I have decided to change the rules some from the previous page, so here is how this will work:

- There will be 10 different "items" to find. These items will be hidden somewhere in the six IAAPA 2010 Videos that Robb posted.

- In order to win, you must correctly answer ALL 10. There will be no drawing for this one, just one winner take all!

- To give your answers, just simply reply to this thread and number your answers one through 10.

- I will be following along and will quote your answer which will lock your answer in. I will then tell you how many you got correct out of ten. You WILL be able to guess multiple times, but once you post you will not be able to edit your posts.

- This will continue until someone gets all the answers correctly!

If you are confused about anything, feel free to either PM or post here!

See you sometime tonight!

It's time to play the IAAPA 2010 Video Scavenger Hunt!!

The following 10 items will be located somewhere in the six videos that Robb posted. All videos can be found here: www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=189&linkid=9775

Here it goes!

1) A fleeting competition in the sky. (Figure out the riddle and then tell me at what duration and video it shows up on)

2) How many people carrying Coca Cola bags can be seen walking in the background during the Intamin interview with Sandor Kernacs?

(Be careful and do not count the same person twice! )

3) Find the person that is rappelling. (Tell me at what duration and video they show up at)

4) They last won a championship in the their sport in 1994. (Figure out the riddle and tell me at what duration and video this shows up)

5)

(Figure out what this picture is referencing and then tell me at what duration and video it shows up in)

6) Kidtum's Favorite Ride (Tell me at what duration and video this shows up)

7) A Public Service Announcement from Robb. (Tell me at what duration and video this shows up on)

8) How many times does the Happy Swing ride show up in the videos either featured or in the background.

9) World's Fastest Coaster (tell me at what duration and video this shows up)

10) Two sizes larger than large (Figure out what the riddle is referencing and tell me at what duration and video this shows up)

For more information, read the post above this one! Good luck!

1. Air-Race at 12:42 in Part 4

2. 13 people

3. 7:20 (ish) area of Part 1 when Robb is talking to the Dippin Dots guy.

4. The Rockets. Mission Space at 00:24 in Part 4.

5. 5:57 in Part 6

6. 13:44 in Part 5

7. 14:35 in Part 2

8. 3 times

9. 5:33 in Part 2, Robb mentions in. At 5:43 the photo's appear of it.

10. MEGA Tube at 9:15 in Part 4

ernierocker, do I have at least one number right?

1. Air-Race at 12:42 in Part 4

2. 13 people

3. 7:20 (ish) area of Part 1 when Robb is talking to the Dippin Dots guy.

4. The Rockets. Mission Space at 00:24 in Part 4.

5. 5:57 in Part 6

6. 13:44 in Part 5

7. 14:35 in Part 2

8. 3 times

9. 5:33 in Part 2, Robb mentions in. At 5:43 the photo's appear of it.

10. MEGA Tube at 9:15 in Part 4

ernierocker, do I have at least one number right?

You got 5 out of 10 correct.

Edited by ernierocker

#1 video 6 7:00 Bob's Space Racers

#2 9

#3 Video 1 7:33 Behind Dippin' Dots Guy

#4 Video 4 0:25 "Rockets"

#5 Video 4 1:30 "Crane"

#6 Video 5 13:45 Frog Hopper

#7 Video #2 14:36 "Concept art does not equal the real thing"

#8 3

#9 Video #2 5:40 Formula Rossa

#10 Video #4 3:00 "KMG XXL"