TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

Well I live in California so I still have options as far as theme parks during the off season. I go to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for their Holiday In The Park and may take a trip or two down to Disneyland. But once I do that I usually do all the Christmas activities in the Bay Area and my usual shopping,Yelping,exploring and crossing things off my bucket list until March/April rolls back around.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey it's simple for me.

You guys, who have parks still open, are my Off-Season Survival Thread.

I look forward to all about all of the parks that are open in and through the winter.

I do go to parks less in the Winter, because I only get a season pass for Valleyfair, which closes. I do try and get to Nickelodeon a couple times during the Winter to get on some coasters, and I also try and get to the alpine coaster in Duluth in the winter.

Contrary to popular belief, the off-season isn't too bad here in Minnesota.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Efteling wich is open year round so I have that going for me wich is nice.

For the rest my Off-Season is usually is filled watching construction picturers off the coasters for the next season, and with the new Star Wars movie coming up I picked up my old hobby of getting some nice Lego Star Wars sets to display. Also the old sets get some cleaning work and since I plan to do this every year from now on I kind off have more then a month killed in the off season.

As for the other time I reflect on last year and look at the next year wich I usually do in December and January so that's another 2 months down.

That leaves 2 months a year that are very slow, I can live with that.

Given the fact that I had a job relocation offer in Tampa pulled out from under me after I had accepted (this job site would have been less than 4 miles from BGT), I'm going to go with...

'Lots Of Random Binge Drinking' for $2000, Alex.

^ You'd be amazed at the price of Crown Royal around here!

I'm amazed at the prices of almost everything, really. The Ozarks has one of the cheapest cost of living in North America, which is nice but has the unfortunate side effect of making travel very expensive. When we went to Chicago last year, gas was fully $1 more per gallon than at home. To give you an idea, I can buy groceries for a family of 5 for $75 a week. That's basically how we attract businesses; we're all willing to work for pretty cheap. You can own a home, two cars, raise a family, and take an annual vacation on about $15 an hour here.

• 10 months later...

Outdoor coaster season has come to an end for me . Fortunately, I did buy an annual pass to Nick Universe for the first time since they lowered the price, which should make this winter much more tolerable than in the past. Even with the NU pass, college and some of my other hobbies will be taking precedence over roller coasters. Will be spending a lot of time studying the weather, going to the movies a few times a month, and watching lots of hockey.

Outdoor coaster season has come to an end for me . Fortunately, I did buy an annual pass to Nick Universe for the first time since they lowered the price, which should make this winter much more tolerable than in the past. Even with the NU pass, college and some of my other hobbies will be taking precedence over roller coasters. Will be spending a lot of time studying the weather, going to the movies a few times a month, and watching lots of hockey.

I'm very jealous of Nick Universe. I would love for this Meadowlands "American Dream" project to actually be completed sometime before we die of old age so we could have one too, completely ending the coaster "off-season" in the northeast. Luckily until that happens, Six Flags Great Adventure has done it's part to alleviate the crapiness of the off-season by running 4 B&M's, an indoor Intamin, a wild mouse and an S&S Free Spin until the beginning of January.

Hey it's simple for me.

You guys, who have parks still open, are my Off-Season Survival Thread.

I look forward to all about all of the parks that are open in and through the winter.

I repeat, from last November.