TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad sad time when most parks aren't open.

my family always goes on a trip to WDW with a stop at Sea World Orlando in early January, and we are thinking of adding Universal (both parks, 1 day) to the trip this year. In other words, I am the lucky bastard who doesn't have to go through full coaster withdrawal

If y'all try to go to both... Try to stay at an affiliate hotel so you can get the early entry. If you don't, you are guaranteed massive crowds even during non busy time. Or at the least, be willing to separate your family to hit the single rider lines on forbidden journey. That saved massive amounts of time!!

The early entry was nice because we were able to experience Wizarding world with no crowds. It was really nice. And we finished both parks by 3. It was great. Gives you guys plenty of time to go back around and re-ride!

I don't really plan on going on Forbidden Journey, but thanks for the tip.

Offseason will consist of visiting SFDK

Well, park visiting will probably not be as frequent as it was during the summer so while I'm not at the parks, I will actually have a handful of video games to keep me busy including Pokemon X/Y, the upcoming Zelda title for the 3DS, and Mario 3D Land Wii U. I also have a Windwaker HD to pick back up on.

And No Limits 2 and beta testing Theme Park Studio

I plan to do a fair amount of reading--next up, Cloud Atlas.

I need to make more time to read. I have a bunch of books lined up. Just never seems like there is enough time. Next up Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, A book my daughter got me for my birthday.

I use to be really big into snowboarding. One of my favorite things in the world to do. Haven't got to do a whole lot lately though. Had a nice trip to Colorado last season but I have no plans for this season. I would spend most of my time in the park because the local hill here gets boring fast.

This off season I will spend most free time watching the kings island web cam

I have been meaning to try snow skiing for years, but just have never done it despite living in one of the snow heavy areas of the US. I hope to get to the ski resort at Holiday Valley this year to at least ride the mountain coaster and do some tubing and perhaps take a ski lesson so I can learn.

Other plans coming into play are a trip to Prague, Budapest and Vienna in late April and another potential to either Mardis Gras or Vegas in February/March depending on if we can capture a time share swap near New Orleans for Mardi Gras that we have been trying to get for two years now.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to need to make a road trip to one of the Six Flags soon. Kemah and Galveston Pier just don't do it for me anymore. I just have that itch to ride some coasters but I've been so busy or the weather has been crappy. Until then, I actually been going to a lot of free screenings lately for movies. Some of the movies, I could care less to see but its free. I'm not sure if you consider movie watching a hobby.

Since universit always starts in September again, all my finals are in December I have to study a lot and I'm happy TPR distracts me during this period of time! Browsing the forums helps me to get through the exams! My local park ''Europa Park'' has a winter season, so I probably go there some times after my exams!

I used to have the holidays like Sinterklaas (Saint Nicklas) (what is kind of the Dutch Santa, He just stays a while longer) and Christmas, so time flew by. Now I enjoy this clod days by looking back at the previous year on the web, going to movies and looking at the next season. So basically I try to push fort the hobby at home for as much as I can.

My off season doesn't start for another month. By then I'll hopefully have a second job, plus a few TV shows to catch up on and a few art projects to work on to get me through Jan-Fab. Starting March, I should be back at Busch riding coasters again and planning my summer trip.