TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

Work, throw myself into work. I try to book at least one trip to someplace either warm or with something to do during the off-season. (Did throw in a Vegas trip in January for my barfday). Other than that I just up my happy pill dosage during the off season and keep thinking "it could be a lot worse, be thankful for what you have and for what is coming up."

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, there are three things I do to help survive the off-season: Play in the bowling league (which I do every Thursday), watch a lot of football (both college and pro), and work on my weigh loss so I'll be able to fit better in those tight restraints on the next time I visit a park.

"As for me, I like to lay in bed all day, wishing that the person writing this thread will stop and lay his head upon me. Come to think of it, I like to do that two in the on-season."

I just try to keep my grades up, and I read TPR. I also fantasize about going to parks I know I know I'll never be able to visit. (East Coast, Foreign, etc.), and going off to college. I do live in California, but I only go to parks usually twice a year. So, the offseason itself isn't that hard for me.

I was doing pretty good this off season, keeping busy with work and watching hockey...but now that Wild Eagle is testing, Leviathan track work is complete and SkyRush is coming along beautifully I'm starting to get very, VERY antsy. Trying to make plans for a SFMM trip in a few weeks and to make it home for Coastermania and a Hershey trip.

• 8 months later...

Unfortunately, it is time to bump this thread for many of us around the country (and world for that matter).

With the closing of Halloween season, most parks have now closed for the 2012 season.

So, let us know what you will do this off-season to pass the time until next spring!

And if you say you live in California or Florida and don't have an off-season, angry, rabid monkeys will chew off your fingers.

Living here in Finland means the off-season is veeeeeryyyyy looooooong Last year I survived by planning a trip to Sweden and this year I'll probably use the same method. Only this time to Denmark, Tivoli Gardens and Bakken/BonBon Land. Also my large photo collection and Robb's amazing POV collection will help to overcome the worst moments.

I will most definitely be taking advantage of Silver Dollar City being open through the end of December! So I don't get it as bad as a lot of you. However January, February, and most of March are always difficult! So After a good cry I will post on the TPR boards and watch videos and sleep! Also in my town there is a hill we call Roller Coaster Hill. If you go down it fast enough you get some decent air! So yeah, i may do that a few times if it gets too bad! LoL

I will enjoy this offseason with short lines at Knotts. Ahhh the joy having a year found park in your back yard

And if you say you live in California or Florida and don't have an off-season, angry, rabid monkeys will chew off your fingers.

angry_monkey.jpg.43ef4e1a36c382e34cefad8c28802720.jpg

My time spent on TPR generally remains constant throughout the year, so I'll be around as much as usual, most likely. I'll probably use my free time to keep plugging away at learning some basics of 日本語. I'm not fluent in Japanese by any stretch of the imagination, but spending two weeks in Tokyo over the summer really inspired me to keep working at it. It'll be something interesting and different to do this winter!