TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

I usually run over to Universal to get on the Hulk and Mummy. That keeps me occupied until I can get back out to bigger more thrilling parks! Although with the move coming up next year, I sure am going to miss the year round parks of Orlando! Usually school got me through the off season, but now hopefully a job will.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I generally just sit back and end up watching more coaster videos, I get to work designing more ride concepts, and I look through the massive database of photos (OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!) that I downloaded over the past couple of years. I'm also going to sell my old Xbox and Xbox 360 games that I don't use anymore, (I still have about 20 that I want to keep) and the money I'm going to get from that and working between semesters at the local Tops deli (Tops is a supermarket chain in the North East for those who don't know) will go towards finishing up getting the required funds for New Hotness, so I have the prospects of that to look forward to and daydream about. I have enough cash to go on the trip and to supply myself with a full day's worth of meals for the whole trip, but I still need $430 or so to cover the cost of the plane tickets. I never went to parks more than five days in a row, and I only did that once, four years ago, in FL. So, this will be a huge new experience for me. I hope to get the money by the time I go back to college for my next semester in mid January.

So far this off season I have "coped" by swing dancing, and floating in a pod like an astronaut. (No, seriously.)

Really the off season has only been going on for a month, and I'll be visiting BGW soon, so it won't really hit me until like February. And I have a billion other interests anyway.

• 2 months later...

Good news everyone! The off-season is almost over! Now that we are less than two months away from a lot of parks opening for the 2012 season, what have you guys been able to accomplish this winter??

Most of my off-season has been kept busy by my two little brats, I mean toddlers.

Most of my off-season has been kept busy by my two little brats, I mean toddlers.

You mean future profit centers for coaster whores needing a child to ride the kiddie coasters????

As for my winter:

1.) Began the process of relocating to Austell, GA (Yes, you know why. Pbbbbt.)

2.) Lost 18 lbs. of 60 planned.

3.) Found out four more reasons to go to WCB.

4.) Fantasized about SkyRush

5.) Fantasized about living 2mi. from Mindbender.

Beyond that, been an empty winter really. Of course, my season starts in five days, so I can't complain, either!

R.D.

My offseason's been going by fast actually. Starting off with some MW3 action, yoyoing, and other games to holidays, then what I typically think as the long period of nothing in January and February was occupied with learning to ride a unicycle (which is the perfect cure for me). Sure I still have 6 more weeks before my home park opens but that will be a piece of cake to get through as I continue to progress on my 1-wheeled adventures. With a lot of the nice weather us Bay Area folk have been experiencing, nothing has been more satisfying than going outside and work on my rides... You can say we've had Spring in January and February.

I keep hearing that 2012's going to be an exciting season for my home park so I'll be looking forward to this season's happenings as much as we won't have a 2012 ride.

Here, we have two separate seasons; ski season and park season. One ends the time the other begins (give or take a few days). If you're into skiing/boarding and parks, there's technically never an off-season for an adrenaline fix.

East Wall @ A Basin=AWESOME

Well I have two parts to my statement.

1.What's an off season? I'm enjoying the lack there of crowds at my Florida based year round parks. Like getting over to Busch Gardens Tampa, having 9 rides on almost everything major with WALK-ON ability. Though they enforce riding two times then having to go back around even when there is NOT a single person in line waiting.

2.I feel all your off'-season pains people, don't think me as a butt-hole for saying "What Off season?" I use to live in NJ and SC. We had off seasons, I am just enjoying not having one.

I have been working on my video game backlog. I finally finished Grand Theft Auto 4 after 2 1/2 years of working on the game. I also went to Florida last month and went to Busch Gardens Tampa and all 4 WDW parks which was a nice coaster break right in the middle of the offseason.