TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jin Jiang Action Park to install GIB

This one came out of leftfield a bit.

It appears Jin Jiang Action Park in China has officially announced they have bought a Giant Inverted Boomerang from Vekoma.

Translated Version of Annoucement here:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.jjlysh.com/zh/news_info.php%3Fid%3D57&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhQX_9XvIu5oG_jprFXu3S_3IB8Eg

It did cross my mind this was a relocated one but all 4 seem safe in their current locations.

I know some people love them and some people hate them (i love them) but it's sure an interesting installation this long after the last one. Perhaps you can find out more at IAAPA guys?

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is good news! GIBs are one of my favorite shuttle coaster varieties. It's too bad they're so finicky, but at least there seems to be potential for some improvement. Thankfully every time I've visited a park that has one, I've been able to ride it at least once.

It's great that Vekoma is getting more service, but I don't really care for GIB's. I rode Deja Vu at SFMM, and like most people, I don't like the seating arrangement. My favorite seating arrangement for shuttle coasters just happens to be Vekoma Invertigos. I love the seats facing each other. Perhaps if Vekoma could fit a GIB with an Invertigo style train, it might be more enjoyable.

^You're right. Also, the former SFoG GIB is being rebuilt at Mirabilandia for next year. Big year for Vekoma.

So much for both of the relocated ones ending up in South America. & Like Jamor I havn't heard of Stunfall having any major problems & the SFGRAM one seems to be working well in it's new location as well.I believe that,had SFI not built three of the original four all in one season no less then the ride would've been a bigger seller than it turned out to be as other parks would've worked more with vekoma to solve the technical issues instead of rushing through construction in order to open them on time.

SFI had quite a few problematic prototypes on their hands back in 01 aside from the GIBs,the two flyers & the 4D were plauged with technical problems due in part to them rushing the installations & then refusing to pay the entire costs of the rides thus alienating the manufacturer's from providing the tech support needed to reduce downtime.

^Actually, regarding the prototype 4D at Magic Mountain: Arrow and SF signed an agreement to have the ride installed and running by a due date, at an agreed cost.

That date was not met (due to technical problems that arose due to Arrows design), the budget was exceeded (due to costs improving/correcting the technical problems), and therefore the responsibility of missing the date and paying the extra costs fall on the manufacturer, Arrow. Bottom line: If you can't hold up your end of the contract, don't make one!

As for the GIB's, I love everything about them! They do have a significant amount of upkeep, but I'd assume that's because of its design, heavy trains, and extreme forces. But it's great to see them being installed, and any chance I get to ride Magic Mountain's I take it! Nothing like facing the ground at 150 feet and plummeting straight down, those butterflies are unmatched!

^Actually, regarding the prototype 4D at Magic Mountain: Arrow and SF signed an agreement to have the ride installed and running by a due date, at an agreed cost.

That date was not met (due to technical problems that arose due to Arrows design), the budget was exceeded (due to costs improving/correcting the technical problems), and therefore the responsibility of missing the date and paying the extra costs fall on the manufacturer, Arrow. Bottom line: If you can't hold up your end of the contract, don't make one!

As for the GIB's, I love everything about them! They do have a significant amount of upkeep, but I'd assume that's because of its design, heavy trains, and extreme forces. But it's great to see them being installed, and any chance I get to ride Magic Mountain's I take it! Nothing like facing the ground at 150 feet and plummeting straight down, those butterflies are unmatched!

Regarding the 4D,Arrow had 2 prototypes ready to go in their catalog but SFMM just had to go & push it by asking for a custom design,had they gone for one of the stock models instead I have a feeling that the ride wouldn't have had as many problems as it ultimately did.

These rides are so hit and miss for me. I have only been on twice, but one ride was pretty fun and the other was ...both on Deja Vu at SFMM. I love the vertical drops, but that cobra roll killed me on my bad ride, and I had to ride relatively defensively the second time. Also, like many I hate the seating arrangement on these things.

From reading reviews on a Belgian theme park board, Stuntfall in Madrid seems to be down quite a lot as well, and certain rows were/are closed for riders.

The frst row and the secound "outside" row of car number 1 is closed for public.. I think it's because some balance problems or because it would give you brain damage in the first car

I love DejaVu and how fast it backs up the first reverse lift, but people seem to think it's fun to spit while the ride is going up Gross! I hope for the sake of riders on this new ride that nobody does that.

From my trip to China I can say I've never seen so many people spitting. It's very gross. Admittedly I mainly saw it in Beijing, but still saw quite a few people doing it in Shanghai, where one guy managed to flob on my shoe.

Thats really cool that another one of these is being built. I really like the other ones a lot, but I wonder if this one will be different at all.

The layout, not at all. In fact, the design of the ride will be exactly the same (trains not known yet, but I have to imagine they would be same as well). The only thing different about it could possibly be the mechanics, changes in which are badly needed.

Thats really cool that another one of these is being built. I really like the other ones a lot, but I wonder if this one will be different at all.

The layout, not at all. In fact, the design of the ride will be exactly the same (trains not known yet, but I have to imagine they would be same as well). The only thing different about it could possibly be the mechanics, changes in which are badly needed.

How can you say this with such confidence?

I really did mean more the mechanics of the ride. I would think the layout would stay the same, I was just wondering about all the previous issues the others had.

^Actually, I agree with you. I'm sure the layout will be the same, but I think that complicated, unreliable cable lift system needs to be replaced. I honestly think the cable lift was the main downfall of the GIB; the cable lift system was to blame for most of its downtime issues, its sensitivity to weather, and its issues with stalling. Somebody (I forget who) presented the idea of a LIM system instead, and if Vekoma was able to pull it off I think the GIB would be so much better.

How can you say this with such confidence?

Comparing the RCDB pages of all five. They all have the same measurements (including the one yet to be built), so at this point, I just have to assume they're correct.

RCDB