TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2010 - What should TPR Check out?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Intamin if they are selling cable insurance.

Personally I would like to know if Rocky Mountain Rides intends to give more coasters the "Rocky Mountain Treatment." I dont need specifics as I doubt they can give unannounced information, but it would be cool to know that information.

Also ever since your Seasonpass interview with the Gravity Group I have wondered if Timber Liners will go on any of the old CCI rides, especially since the Gravity Group Guy(Corey, I believe his name was) mentioned that he would love to see them on Ghostrider. I know at that time he had no real information regarding if that would happen, but I am very interested. Riding that thing opening season was... ... and I would love it to run like that once again.

Lastly I don't know if Disney is at all represented, and I don't know who is doing the Matterhorn trains(Arrow was bought out by S&S, but who was S&S bought by) but I would love some info about my favorite Disneyland coaster's new trains.

Have an awesome time and keep us updated!

The Wisconsin still seems like a weird place to hold IAAPPA to me Ghost

Two things:

- There's these rumours about Parc Asterix and Gröna Lund getting a B&M Inverted coaster. We've seen draws and 3D sketches (don't know if they were official or not) but, are they going to be built?

- More info about the new Rainbow Magicland Park in Rome. Can you get us any information besides what we know (the two Maurer coasters): shows, flats, other quirky stuff...

Thanks a lot guys and have a lot of fun!

I'm curious to see if Mondial has anything on the new Windseeker rides that they sold to all of the Cedar Fair parks at the show.

Also do they still have a 'magical midway' of rides set up outside the convention center with working attractions?

What about SCAD Towers? after the accident are those things still being produced? operated? any plans for future installations?

Any new companies that are doing anything with mobile technology (iphone,ipad,droid) for in park usage? I know there are some apps for Disnye currently but a and more apps for other parks like park maps, wait times, interactive in park games etc.

Cant wait for the updates! I love IAAPA and really want to attend some day.

Robb, in the "Did Summers/Dinn make ANY good coasters?" thread you asked

So why do so many of these rides go to crap over the years?

--Robb "The world needs more Intamin woodies!" Alvey

Maybe one of the better woodie manufacturers would be able to shed some light on that.

Robb, in the "Did Summers/Dinn make ANY good coasters?" thread you asked

So why do so many of these rides go to crap over the years?

--Robb "The world needs more Intamin woodies!" Alvey

Maybe one of the better woodie manufacturers would be able to shed some light on that.

I'd be interested in knowing this too, except I always feel like there'd be proprietary information that they don't want us to know (like how there was a factory tour of Clermont Steel that I remember seeing online, but they could not discuss the exact process of making the B&M track).

I'm so psyched to be covering this for Hollywire (a website I cover event's for) this year! There are so many exhibitors, it's gonna be hard to do it in the 3 days I'm there 0_0

Anyways, you should definitely checkout Parabounce. They pretty much strap you to a huge helium balloon and let you and a dozen other people loose in a huge warehouse. Or this outdoor wind-tunnel skydiving company called Air2Tunnel Europe. It's probably one of those "Never in america" things, but it's still crazy. haha

I was really curious to see what information is made available from KMG about their new ride Mission Space. I've seen many rumors online, as well as a supposedly leaked report, but I would like to know what's real from the source. The ride mechanics are a still a bit of a mystery.

Thanks.

I would like to hear some news about the Maurer & Söhne "X-Train". Where do they built their first Track with this great Trains?

Which coasters will get those lightning wheels? Or were they from Gerstlauer, can't remember?

Are there some plans of a new portable coaster for the German funfairs? - I think this could be a question to all companies

Please don't forget to ask for some news about Phantasialand "Maus oh chocolat"-Ride and the mysterious planed ride of Movie Park Germany.

Thank you.