TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who was your hero growing up?

Louise

I'm not talking great people who've cured diseases, battled persecution, etc etc, more like rock stars and sports stars who you just desperately wanted to be/be with...

Mine was Freddie Mercury. He died when I was five and I sat next to my crying mum and watched Queen videos all day and from that day on was OBSESSED!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heroes growing up were:

Jack Lambert

Terry Bradshaw

Doug Harvey (Major League Umpire, not talk show), I did get to meet him, stay at his place, and play golf with him

Heroes getting older:

Ted Barrett (Major League Umpire)

Pat Tillman (I knew him from when he was 10. You couldn't grow up in our Valley and not know each other. He was a great young man and a true hero.)

Ron Toomer. He was the only coasterdesigner I knew about, and Arrow Dynamics were building the biggest and best coasters back then. Things have changed *slightly* now.

Yngve "still hasnt ridden an Arrow coaster" Oestbye

Well I grew up in the eighty's in the San Francisco area, so for me my Hero would be Joe Montana.

Sure he had a pair of chicken legs and not much upper body development, but man could be play a great game of Football!

To me he's the Greatest Quarterback of all time, ( From my perspective anyhow, being born in 1971 and watching football from 1980 on..)

He lead on the field and off the field. He's a clean cut dedicated family man, who has done a lot of good. It doesn't get much better!