TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Awesome Coasters" Contest [RCT2]

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally came up with the idea for my design today. I am interpreting the rules VERY differently and am(hopefully) making a clone of a schwarzkopv.(there are several layouts in my head) The catch is that the coaster will be made of wood seeing as wooden coasters are able to go upside down in RCT2. The overall setting will be a German fair esque setting. Im excited!

Everyones is looking great!!

Also, this is off topic but, everytime I try to open chat I get an error message:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 220 at column 340: Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)

error on line 221 at column 85: Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)

error on line 255 at column 70: Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Could it have anything to do with me using a Mac? haha

The Laser lives once again. This coaster is called Anton, and it a clone... or a very close version of Dorney Parks laser. The coaster was loved by many and is now a traveling coaster.

Note...color scheme is not final! I am going to change the colors to the steel coaster in its current form as I search for pictures of the coaster making fair circuits. There isnt really a color in the RCT color options bar to get the right color of Dorneys, so thats why its this color for now! Enjoy and comment!

Also note this is not where the coaster will be in the park. These pictures are just to show of the layout!

SCR205.BMP

The mighty laser!

SCR207.BMP

Awesome, twisted steep first Schwarzkopv drop!

SCR208.BMP

Through the loop, then through the center of the loops!

SCR210.BMP

The airtime hills were my idea. Laser has a VERY long break run, and it was boring, and as the coaster is a wooden coaster I felt it needed a bit of airtime as well as the awesome schwarzkopv forces.

Dont worry, the 3 big rules are

-NCS

-Have 1 big great custom coaster that takes the most out of the area (meaning the % of stuff thats filled)

-No stealing

-No underground tunnels, or features.

Pretty much everything else is a small point reduction, or barley anything. I still put that list of other rules, because I want to give people a bit of a challange, and see if someone can get all 70 pts =D

...everytime I try to open chat I get an error message:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 220 at column 340: Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)

error on line 221 at column 85: Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)

error on line 255 at column 70: Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Could it have anything to do with me using a Mac? haha

Being on a Mac should not keep you out of chat. Look for a TPR technical issues topic and ask about the problem there, if there is no such topic I would PM mcjaco or any other mod about the problem.

EDIT: Did a little search of all the stickies in each sub forum and found no technical issues topics so... I guess you could just ask about it the Ask Alvey forum or just do the PM thing.

Just to show everyone I am working on this contest here is REALLY generic early picture of the coaster station, everything is white on purpose, I don't want to really give away what is going on by adding color and an explanation. In the picture two of the permit inspectors can be seen checking things over.

Rest assured work is going on daily and is well beyond what is shown here.

untitled.JPG.6e9cea514d0e819f17ec929ad3dadc63.JPG

Thanks dmax!! and oh your quite the tease aren't you!

Im basically done with my entry I believe but not going to show anything till the due date draws near. I'm nearing year 11 and feeling really good of how it turned out. If i don't happen to win this thats fine, it totally sparked an idea for a whole park for me in the future!

Thanks dmax!! and oh your quite the tease aren't you!

Im basically done with my entry I believe but not going to show anything till the due date draws near. I'm nearing year 11 and feeling really good of how it turned out. If i don't happen to win this thats fine, it totally sparked an idea for a whole park for me in the future!

Me too ;P