TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Dome City is removing Linear Gale

According to a japanese coaster enthusiast on youtube who had the most impressive collection of japanese coaster videos, Linear Gale was closed tonight, october 31st. He filmed the signs around the ride and everything point to that. Reducing the price of the ride to 200 yens (down from 800) and then finally removing the price. Also, people have been signing the ride platform and supports I guess as a memorial!

Now, what could replace this ride?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see a coaster go, but that one wasn't anything special at all. It was the first Intamin impulse coaster, but it was definitely getting old. I hope something really good and screwed up goes in it's place!

That ride was a huge disappointment when I rode it. I think they ran those LIMs at about 40% of their true potential. So another ride in that location bites the dust.

RIP:

Arrow Launched Loop

Togo Ultra Twister

Intamin Impulse

This location is getting more "rides" than Kim Kardashian.

First Geopanic and now this?

they are removing their classic coasters

I don't think anyone would consider Linear Gale or Geopanic to be "classics."

I guess what I meant by that is they are losing another one of their more memorable coasters, thats all.

By that I mean, if they were not strange, they would not be memorable.

By the way, does anyone have a POV of Geopanic? I lost the one my friend took when he went to Japan when I got a new computer.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

First Geopanic and now this?

they are removing their classic coasters

I don't think anyone would consider Linear Gale or Geopanic to be "classics."

I guess what I meant by that is they are losing another one of their more memorable coasters, thats all.

By that I mean, if they were not strange, they would not be memorable.

By the way, does anyone have a POV of Geopanic? I lost the one my friend took when he went to Japan when I got a new computer.

They aren't memorable. They were crap. I have a POV of Geopanic, but it's almost all in the dark and you can't see anything. And on top of that the ride was crap. That's why I never bothered to post it.

Didn't they replace Geopanic with a Spiderman/DarKastle-type 4d dark ride? That seems a lot more unique than a crappy enclosed coaster. Probably a lot more enjoyable as well...

As for Linear Gale... meh. I'm sad that's a missed "credit" for me this summer in Japan, but oh well.

^^Yes, they redid the whole area. The ride is pretty good. It has Japanese anime characters, but it is not as immersive as Spiderman. They also had a mini magic quest style attraction. The biggest loss was the morbid dark ride.

Did we ever hear what happened to the Intamin Half Pipe that never opened in Roppongi? Is it still up there or did they finally get permission to take it down? Seems like there are two decent and cheap Intamin rides for sale in Tokyo right now!