TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thrillspot USA [RCT2]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results have been narrowed down for the announcement coming soon...The park is letting its fans have a say in the naming of its new coaster so all future guests are urged to participate. The finalists for the naming contest are:

Banshee

Sabretooth

Night Hunt

Wolfsbane

Wolverine

Submit our vote now!

Today, Thrillspot's Public Relations director appeared on a news broadcast to announce the winner of the naming contest the park held for its newest coaster. The coaster, which will be the first steel coaster at the park is said to be announced in the next few days. "We've come to a unanimous decision to name our first steel roller coaster, Wolverine. Everyone at Thrillspot would like to thank all those involved in the contest, and we hope to see you all at our wonderful new park in the near future," Brad Smith said regarding the announcement. A small teaser shot was also revealed during the afternoon news and it can be seen below. Look for a full announcement for the new coaster and other Thrillspot USA developments in the near future.

Edited by EastCoastn07

Steel coaster announced for Thrillspot USA

December 23, 1999

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA -- On the eve of Christmas Eve, the newly announced Thrillspot USA, San Diego's newest amusement park, has finally revealed substantial information regarding the new park. Today, the park officially announced the park's very first roller coaster offically named, Wolverine. The coaster, which was built by Utah based Arrow Dynamics, is a steel looping coaster that will send riders upside down a total of 7 times. At 4,636 ft, it is one of the company's longest looping coasters to date. "We were extremely excited to work with Arrow Dynamics on one of the park's signature attractions. The resulting product has exceeded our expectations and I am confident our guests will enjoy this coaster for years to come when we open our doors in the near future," Dan Sharp commented regarding the roller coaster.

Alongside Wolverine, the park also announced its first family attraction named The King's Highway. This family car ride with allow guests of all ages to drive within the footprint of the Wolverine and give spectacular views of the new roller coaster. "Even though we are aiming towards a very thrill filled park, we are still going to include some rides for the youngsters and this is one of them. We expect rides of all ages to love this relaxing car ride through the wooded area under the Wolverine," Dan Sharp said regarding the ride. The King's Highway, which is named after the El Camino Real, a 600-mile trail that connected the former California missions. The ride is currently in the testing phase, and should be ready for the park's grand opening.

More to come!

Here's a tip when merging. Less is more in most cases. If all you need to merge is one, or at most two inversions, it is wise to stay with the orginal track being used to help with the ilusion that it really is a part of the ride.

Your's continues down a helix and to the next inversion. It just seems to long to be using beemer track when merging. But the layout is fantastic! I love the look, and beating away the cliche of typical Arrow mega coasters. Well done.

Here's a tip when merging. Less is more in most cases. If all you need to merge is one, or at most two inversions, it is wise to stay with the orginal track being used to help with the ilusion that it really is a part of the ride.

Your's continues down a helix and to the next inversion. It just seems to long to be using beemer track when merging. But the layout is fantastic! I love the look, and beating away the cliche of typical Arrow mega coasters. Well done.

I've been trying to replace the banked turn after the two inversions with standard Arrow track, but for whatever reason right now I can't get the merge to work. When I check the merge, it will work in reverse, but in the direction of travel it doesn't. I'm really not sure why this is happening, but if I get it fixed I'll post an updated picture. And I do agree, it does look a little better when only the big inversions are the B&M track.

EDIT: It's been fixed. I agree, it looks much better and I was able to hide both the merges fairly nicely.

Hello everyone,

My name is Brad Smith and I am the Public Relations director for Thrillspot USA. Today I was able to convince my boss Dan Sharp to allow me to release all new pictures of the progress of San Diego's newest amusement park. Progress has steadily been made on finishing up the park's main street plaza and structural work on the buildings lining the street should be finished any day now. Work on our second roller coaster is also now coming to a close. The folks at Great Coasters International did a great job on our first wooden coaster, Thundercat! Enjoy these two pictures of the progress going on over at Thrillspot USA and we look forward to you visiting us in the near future!

Brad Smith

PR Director

Thrillspot USA

The amount of concrete is a little excessive, try to break it up some more, like you did with those island planters.

I'll try to break it up a little more, but I don't want to take away the effect of it being a street...like you would see at Disneyland or Magic Kingdom. I'll see what I can do, but I probably won't change too much.

Right now I've hit a bit of a standstill on the park because I'm not exactly sure where I want to go next with the park. I definitely need to start building some flats but I'm trying to come up with another big attraction I can build and then build flats and other buildings to fill the remaining space. If anyone has some suggestions I'd be willing to listen.