TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thrillspot USA [RCT2]

^its hard to root for the caps when they have two of the biggest puckhogs on their top line, yes ovie and semin. Semin has an act for critiscizing Crosby, but for some reason he has never backed it up. All the ovechkin hype, i dont see it. He's having a bad year and Semin's hot streak of late has been the only thing keeping him alive in the scoring race. And then, if hes such a superstar, how come he can't win in the playoffs to save his life? Crosby is better. End of story there.

Backstrom rode Ovie's coattails to stardom, as did Semin. Mike Green should be a forward cuz he certaintly cant play D, his position.

Penguins are a much better overall team without the baggage. Plus we've got the 2 best players in the world here. I'll get respect for the Caps when you guys finally can beat somebody in the playoffs.

Sorry, an opinion from a die hard hockey fan.

This post amuses me greatly. Clearly you have some misconceptions about the league as a whole, not to mention a pretty seemingly nasty streak for the Capitals. I would just like to remind you that you were beat the exact same way we were beaten in the playoffs last year by the exact same team. You're no better than we are. The same year you folks won the Stanley Cup was the same year you guys barely made the playoffs. Anything can happen.

Try to look beyond what your local media and superstars say and view the game as a whole.

If you wanna talk hockey PM me or post in the NHL thread in the Random section. I'll gladly oblige you

Back on topic: So far I really like what I see, but its hard to judge the coaster and the park on the few screenshots you've given us. Would really like to see more!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Construction has started on the parks second roller coaster. It looks to be a custom Schwarzkopf looping coaster incorporated into the parks natural terrain. Looks exciting!

(Note, the terrain still needs a lot of work. Mountain tool sucks in this case and I'm still working on making the terrain look nice.)

^its hard to root for the caps when they have two of the biggest puckhogs on their top line, yes ovie and semin. Semin has an act for critiscizing Crosby, but for some reason he has never backed it up. All the ovechkin hype, i dont see it. He's having a bad year and Semin's hot streak of late has been the only thing keeping him alive in the scoring race. And then, if hes such a superstar, how come he can't win in the playoffs to save his life? Crosby is better. End of story there.

Backstrom rode Ovie's coattails to stardom, as did Semin. Mike Green should be a forward cuz he certaintly cant play D, his position.

Penguins are a much better overall team without the baggage. Plus we've got the 2 best players in the world here. I'll get respect for the Caps when you guys finally can beat somebody in the playoffs.

Sorry, an opinion from a die hard hockey fan.

I'm sorry, did you call Ovechkin a puckhog? He has MORE THAN double the assists than goals, the only reason Crysby beat Ovechkin last year in goals was because Ovechkin was out 10 games with injury. If he was in those 10 games he would have gotten 60 goals. And the only reason he is lacking in the scoring this year is because he is getting double and triple teamed every time he enters the zone, no player can get through that, especially Crosby. Plus we have the refs holding us back by making BS calls and helping the other team win anyway they can. And they give the Penguins power plays every time someone makes contact with Crosbitch, so of course you expect them to score.

But if you want my honest, impartial opinion, both teams are exceptionally talented and Ovechkin and Crosby are the best palyers in the league. But if you look at the standings, the Caps are ahead of the Penguins by only two points, and those teams are probably going to leapfrog each other throughout the season. Now let's get off this topic and back on the topic of the park.

That Schwartzkopf looks great, and I'm sure whatever you do with the terrain will look good.

Construction has been progressing on the park's "Main Street". Several buildings have been built along with a theater. At the end of the street, is the park's iconic ferris wheel. The ride should offer a very photogenic asset to the growing park.

(I'm having a hard time deciding where and what I want to build next so I've been focusing my attention on getting the shops and restaurants along Main Street finished. Any suggestions are welcomed!)

^haha wow

his buildings are blocky too, it generally looks that way when theyre big like that. You can do 2 stoires but not have a giant square for a building.

Ovechkin's game is all about scoring goals, which he hasnt done much of this year. Have you seen sid lately? 8 goals in his last three games, now the leagues top goal scorer to go with being the front runner for the Art Ross. He got a Stanley Cup under his belt and he's not even 25. I think Ovechkin has unbelievable skill, certaintly to enough to call him the 2nd best in the world, but he doesnt make the others around him better. Crosby does. He's a natural playmaker and has helped Malkin win a scoring title as well as turn Sergei Gonchar into a high profile defenseman, certaintly higher than before he played here. Kris Letang has now taken that shape becoming a premier offensive D-man. Backstrom is a natural playmaker, and that contiutes to Ovie's goal totals, but his other linemates like Semin have just ridden on his coattails.

I think we should stop hijacking the thread. Sorry eastcoastn

I dunno...I went back and looked at my buildings, and they didn't seem that blocky to me, neither did his. By no means here am I complaining either. But, the park is coming along nicely as I said before.

My last hijack...here's my problem with Syd...in Pittsburgh, they love him because of what he brings, just like Ovey in DC, but up here, Syd is pushed down our thrats constantly, and they have declared him the next Gretzky. I'm sorry, there is a majority of us Canadians who don't like him, or Syd himself. Jeez, during the series with the Canadiens, all he did was bitch everytime we hit him, whether it was last year or the years before.

Sure, it's great when you can score, and so forth, but when you're a little prima donna, that just draws the line. Besides, Ovey's hilarious when he's with the press...win or lose...Syd isn't.

Sid single-handedly won Canada a Gold metal in the Olympics...Canadians should worship him regardless, because without that goal USA would have won for sure. That's what I don't understand about the people up North, all the Canadien fans hated on him in the playoffs last year only months after he won the gold for his country. People need to stop hating on him because obviously his stats back up everything people say about him. And oh yeah, I don't see the Caps with an 11-game win streak right now. Just saying...

Anyways, you guys aren't saying my buildings are blocky are you?

I wouldn't necessarily call them blocky, especially considering my own building style. What I would suggest is changing the facades so that they are both varied and uniform in height. Though, this depends on what kind of direction you're going with the Main Street. Anyways, keep it up! ^^

Sid single-handedly won Canada a Gold metal in the Olympics...Canadians should worship him regardless, because without that goal USA would have won for sure. That's what I don't understand about the people up North, all the Canadien fans hated on him in the playoffs last year only months after he won the gold for his country. People need to stop hating on him because obviously his stats back up everything people say about him. And oh yeah, I don't see the Caps with an 11-game win streak right now. Just saying...

Anyways, you guys aren't saying my buildings are blocky are you?

They're not too blocky...Not any worse than mine. lol

As I said, up North here, he's crammed down our throats, the media wants him to be the next Gretzky, and yeah, stats don't lie. We don't like cry babies, and Sid fits that bill...God bless Don Cherry...the man is a true Canadian, and he can't stand him either.

Thrillspot USA is holding a naming contest for its newest coaster which should be announced within the next few days. Anyone is eligible to enter and the winner will win the first ride on the coaster when the park opens to the public in Spring 1999. The only stipulation is it cannot contain the word CAT, but there is no word as to why. More to come when it develops.

Preliminary details have been discovered about the new coaster. Sources have claimed that steel roller coaster track has been spotted on park grounds. Also some land has been cleared by the entrance of the park, but a lot of trees have been left intact. It would seem that this coaster may be taking advantage of the parks natural forestry terrain. More to details when they arise.