TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fellville Park [RCT2]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few complaints

You know me. Always these little things that has to be done my way.

1. Those windows do not look very western or mining like. It's fine on those buildings like the building with the flat roof because it is incorporated perfectly.

2.Near the top right of the screen repetetiveness shows with the Red-light red overkill. But this problem is hardly serious and can be changed really quick. I'd recommend just changing the top right and the building 2 buildings down.

3. No vents. I hope to see vents on those buildings. Details sometimes make the screen!

4. The tarmac paths. They stand out too much!

5. The brown base on the borders of the fountain.

6. Foliage is great.

7. Detail on those buildings are phenomenal. You surpassed me!!

Few things that can be improved I think though,

-Details aren't as refined as this can be, try looking at pictures from real life for instance this can help you a lot

-Also the path isn 't that fitting, a ghost town is mostly deserted so the roads won't be as clean, try incorporating more scenery onto your paths, this can be done without glitching with invisible paths and path objects below them so still have the same look, but you can add more details to your path, like weeds comming through the tarmac, barrels with water, scrapwood and stuff like that to indicate the ghost town is really a ghost town isntead of something that attempts to look like it.

-Some more colour variety wouldn't hurt the screen, you also have a habit of using the same texture a little too much and it affects the atmosphere, I think also a wood texture would be better fitting for a ghost town than bricks....

-the foliage can use a little more "low" plantlife to give it a more natural feel

maybe try to look at my unofficial quest for the best entry over at ne. it got me a victory in that round so maybe check it out since it has a western theme...

http://www.nedesigns.com/index.php?showuser=46380 you can download it from my page...

the things I do like is the fact that your buildings aren't all on the same level, you have a good eye of variety in depth of your buildings so it isn't flat faced...

you're of to a good start and I hope my advice helps and maybe kick it up a notch....

-BelgianGuy-

-Details aren't as refined as this can be, try looking at pictures from real life for instance this can help you a lot

-Also the path isn 't that fitting, a ghost town is mostly deserted so the roads won't be as clean, try incorporating more scenery onto your paths, this can be done without glitching with invisible paths and path objects below them so still have the same look, but you can add more details to your path, like weeds comming through the tarmac, barrels with water, scrapwood and stuff like that to indicate the ghost town is really a ghost town isntead of something that attempts to look like it.

-Some more colour variety wouldn't hurt the screen, you also have a habit of using the same texture a little too much and it affects the atmosphere, I think also a wood texture would be better fitting for a ghost town than bricks....

-the foliage can use a little more "low" plantlife to give it a more natural feel

1. I'm still working on my detailing as this is the first time I'm using some of these items on the NE bench, and I am using pictures to further improve on that.

2. This isn't a ghost town, though, as my inspiration is this themepark:

However I agree with more weeds and more scenery as well. I think that will improve the look.

3.Texture is indeed a bad habit of mine. . . hah.

4. for now those trees back there were to find the empty land, and that will be changed and already has been changed.

I do appreciate the advice, because I know it will make it all that more rewarding.

1. Those windows do not look very western or mining like. It's fine on those buildings like the building with the flat roof because it is incorporated perfectly.

2.Near the top right of the screen repetetiveness shows with the Red-light red overkill. But this problem is hardly serious and can be changed really quick. I'd recommend just changing the top right and the building 2 buildings down.

3. No vents. I hope to see vents on those buildings. Details sometimes make the screen!

4. The tarmac paths. They stand out too much!

5. The brown base on the borders of the fountain.

1. Windows are scarce in my bench right now, so I don't have any others that pulled off a better feel.

2.Yeah, I already changed that. Thanks for point it out!

3.Vents I always lack.. I'll get on it.

4.Just like Belgianguy pointed out. It's really all based on the inspiration, which is Knott's Berry Farm.

5. I changed them to black, and I think that is a better choice myself.

Coupon and Califolf: Thank you guys for the comments.

Edited by djbrcace1234

You obviously haven't been to Knott's Ghost Town.

You obviously haven't been to Knott's Ghost Town.

My budget doesn't allow to go that far for theme park visits, I hope you'd understand