TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fellville Park [RCT2]

Allen Town, Pennsylvania

You never do find old, quaint parks now days because of the loss of history in senses. However in the city of Allen town, the citizens have seeked to restore the small park, Fellville, to its original state, but for now, it remains vacant. The park is open, but it’s not to the charm it has been in the past.

Now, how about some history, yes?

George Fellville founded this park in 1903 with the addition of Leap-the-Dips, an old classic side friction coaster. The park remained small, and the only other addition was Shooting Star, a John Miller classic built in 1925. At the time, it was the tallest in the world.

However, the depression has hit, and not much activity has happened, then. Some flats have gone and go, but by 1970, the park as a whole was standing, but not operating. Is there any hope for this small town park?

Leap-the-Dip, and all of it's glory.

Leapy.jpg.b6ce77ca9fad4f216b67f87e164d1001.jpg

Shooting Star seems to be the popular attraction at the park at the time.

367804310_ShootingStar.jpg.5678d1da9e2b48c36cbe090787f34a06.jpg

Those are the only photos I could find, but it seems like attention will never come to this park. . .

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

It's inspired by it, but the layout is diffrent.

The inspiration for this park is much like Watkins woods inspiration--Geauga lake, and you can only do so much with the Big Dipper layout considering it was a typical Miller layout at the time. Rest assure, however, I'm trying my best to stay away from Watkins Woods/ CP6's work as possible.

Knott's to Buy Fellville Park

Fellville parks has been recently aquired by Walter Knott, most notably known for establishing Knott's Berry farm on Beach Boulevard in unincorporated Buena Park in the early 1940's. Walter claims to be a preservist, so seeing a small park Like fellville subdue to banckruptcy, Walter saw this as a business transaction. "I purchased and restored the real silver mining ghost town of Calico, California, and a park like Fellville, although small in size, it needs to be saved because of it's historic back ground. The 250 acre land was sold to Walter around a disclosed 3.5 million dollars, and this includes all rides, and attractions that inhabit this majestic lakeside. Plans have not yet been disclosed, but Knott's seeks this to be "Knott's 2" Rides will be similar, and the park will of course have Mrs. Knott's Famous Chicken Dinners there too.

"we hope this transaction will enhance the local population to enjoy thier time agian." And so be it; Parents that went as children can now enjoy thier time with thier kids enjoying the classics that made Fellville a park worth visiting every summer break.

More on this story as it devolps.

And just so I don't leave you hanging either, here is a leaked concept piece:

767224558_Corkscrew2.jpg.a3e3857cdb8fd332b5560926a46dfd65.jpg

Edited by djbrcace1234

So the transaction is indeed final, and plans to reopen the park by 1976 is still planned.

The following is a list of rides and areas that will make thier way in during reconstruction pior to the grand opening on July 4th, 1976.

Areas

Calico mine town

Boardwalk/ rolling 20's

Rides

Sky tower

The Corkscrew

Calico Railroad

Bumper Cars

Calico Mine ride

Timber Mountian Log Ride

These are the only plans that we know of as well, so let the reconstruction begin!

color the ground wall dirt where there's no waterfall.

I'm not even a big fan of iced wall with waterfall. That landscaping's a bit too smooth though.

And watch that foliage.. But personal prefrence i hate those herbs.

And land variety not just dirt but combo of dirt/grass and dirt and grass would be nice

Knott's to Buy Fellville Park

Fellville parks has been recently aquired by Walter Knott, most notably known for establishing Knott's Berry farm on Beach Boulevard in unincorporated Buena Park in the early 1940's. Walter claims to be a preservist, so seeing a small park Like fellville subdue to banckruptcy, Walter saw this as a business transaction. "I purchased and restored the real silver mining ghost town of Calico, California, and a park like Fellville, although small in size, it needs to be saved because of it's historic back ground. The 250 acre land was sold to Walter around a disclosed 3.5 million dollars, and this includes all rides, and attractions that inhabit this majestic lakeside. Plans have not yet been disclosed, but Knott's seeks this to be "Knott's 2" Rides will be similar, and the park will of course have Mrs. Knott's Famous Chicken Dinners there too.

"we hope this transaction will enhance the local population to enjoy thier time agian." And so be it; Parents that went as children can now enjoy thier time with thier kids enjoying the classics that made Fellville a park worth visiting every summer break.

More on this story as it devolps.

Excellent use of the giga track as a scenery object for your flat spin arches....I'm impressed with the shopfront scenery as well.

Ultimate goal is trying to acomplish this:

Although, I can't do a lot with the concept, so it's blah. If someone has made non TT canyon walls, then this would be perfect to meet this goal.

This looks challenging, but I do believe you can pull it through to the end

Ask for the colorable HarryPotter rock formations.

If you need a different set of rocks other than what I posted in the Object Thread I will go digging again. I had no idea what you were going to use them for until now. I just saw the request. I don't get the chance to keep up with what's going on. I am tired and will check on this tomorrow to see if they will work for you or not. Sorry for being late on this.

Dotrobot: I already have those, and I have decided to use those on the top to creat that mountian effect the real ride has.

KDCOASTERFAN: Actually, it's the impulse track, but still intamin made track and thank you!

Braztaz: Just trying to push myself even more, but still going to have fun with this, too.

Dmaxsba: Don't worry about not catching up all the time because your contributions to this game out weigh simple advice post in my mind, so don't worry man.

Also, I have most of the rock sets, and I have TT actually installed, but I wanted to keep this user friendly for other people as well, so thank you for the set!

Alright, definetly better than the last park you showed, SFML, and you definetly know your coaster design. But, seeing the same thing in SFML here and at NE, your buildings are really blocky. Dont be afraid to get creative with their shapes, and use variations of height, not all one story. And a big thing I noticed in SFML, there was an abundance of pathing. Keep the paths like 2-4 tiles wide, that way you dont get that pathway mass you have in some areas. Also, the foliage is too sparse in some areas, and some are weird looking. Use objects like Tall Grass by KDog, and Long grass by magnus, as well as variations in trees and tree color.

Just a few things I noticed, not trying to be mean, just offering constructive critiscm

-Taylor

^

I get what you mean, but in all serious as well, I'm not trying to submit anything at this time either over at NE. Just playing for fun more then anything.

Keep in mind also SFML is my second park, and my first attempt at realism, so I know the paths are way too big. It was my excuse to not make filler buildings.

My next update for this park is deffinatley new for me in size, and shape for buildings, so I'm still learning.

Basically I want to perfect my skills before I truly submit something to NE.

But thank you for the criticism, because without that, I have no idea what I can improve on, either.