TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TTD rolls back several times every day. I've been in a roll back. It's not scary, but it's fun. it's nice to be able to be launched twice! I would not want to get stuck at the top however!

http://www.xtremecoastin.com/videos/misc_videos_wmv/ttdstuck_2005.htm

TTD actually got stuck in June.

That would be a great view of the park..!! I saw Dragster rollback... my friend was on it and he doesnt know how its built to handle them and he thought they were gonna crash.

TTD rolls back several times every day. I've been in a roll back. It's not scary, but it's fun. it's nice to be able to be launched twice! I would not want to get stuck at the top however!

I would have loved to been at thr front of the train. It is really strange how a man can just have one simple push and it plunges over the edge to 120 mph.

I've seen Top Thrill Dragster roll back a couple of times. When it does roll back, they keep the train at the launch point, and do some other stuff... but they don't move all the trains back a block... that would take forever.

And oh my sweet mother of Mary... (haha), how cool would that be to actually be able to brag to your friends that you were one of the people stuck on top of TTD. Gah that would be frickin' AWESOME!

I've only ridden TTD 4 times... grr

The roll backs add excitement and more thrill to the ride. While you're going to the top. you hope either that the train will or will not roll back. TTD used to not roll back either because it would always overspeed. When the rollbacks started, the ride just got more exciting.

Last time I was at Cedar Point, a random sun shower caused TTD to be temporarily closed. After the rain stopped, they began to launch trains. The first one was a rollback, as was the second one. Once they got one over the top, everyone started cheering, and everything in the station re-set itself, such as the recordings and the "Ready to Go" song and other stuff like that. Then the next one was a roll back. At this time I figured out that there needed to be two successful launches in a row in order to load the trains. In that hour and a half, I probably saw TTD roll back about 15 times, but all of them were test runs.

In July on the 2nd to last train and my 2nd ride ever, I got a rollback on TTD, It was absolutely amazing, you almost cant put into words how awesome it was, I was in 2nd seat and we went up and stopped for about 3 or 4 seconds then we just got ripped over backwards I loved it

Robbie"wants another rollback in october"Milburn

Yeah, I remember that day. It actually happened in May too during morning testing. I worked on MF over the summer and one morning I heard a call go out over the radio to one of the maintenance guys in the station to head over to TTD. He ask why and the person said "look at it." So I walked out of the station and took a glance to find the train perfectly on the top hat. It was so crazy to actually see in person.

^Yeah, I know right? Unfortunately, you're right, they wouldn't do it. Every time TTD rolls back, they have to call it into Park Op and reset the ride, which all takes like 10 minutes each time. The secret to having a roll back is sending a full train for a little bit and then a much lighter (empty/half-empty) train. Unfortunately, if you've ever been on the last ride of the night on TTD, the ride ops actually pull people off the midway to come up and fill empty seats so that the ride doesn't roll back.

so when it launches twise, does it stop and then launch or does it not stop and go forward instantly?

It just slows down and rolls back into launching posistion, they then reset everything, which takes about ten minutes, it *technically* isnt needed though, you could just set it back at the start of the launch and try again, but Health and Safety you know, plus, all that wasted power.......

So I walked out of the station and took a glance to find the train perfectly on the top hat. It was so crazy to actually see in person.

That would be so cool to see, and even better to have it happen to you, odd's on it wont happen often though, it would have to be PERFECTLY balanced for that to happen, I suppose you could just go up there and give it a quick shove forward to get it going, but it'd take a good few people!

KK always comes soooo close to rolling back but it dosn't

That doesnt mean it wont, it could happen anytime unless its well and truly over speed when launched, the difference of even two miles an hour can make ALL the difference when it comes to the train making it over the top, odd's on, its bound to happen every now and again.