TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Newton Roller Coaster Contest

I have seen some Newton rides and have been impressed with the smoothness, but most of them have unreal banking, hills, and forces. What I want to see is the MOST REALISTIC Newton roller coaster that a SINGLE person can make. I myself do not use Newton because I feel it makes unrealistic track designs. Make the most realistic roller coaster for its type. I.E (B&M hills and transitions, Intamin transitions)

Rules-

.no specific length

.minimum of 2 inversions

.NO pumps or jerks (because it's Newton)

.ABSOLUTELY NO REVERSE BANKING

Entrys will be due November 20th by 10 p.m EST

Post a link to where I can find your roller coaster.

Edited by coast4airtime

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Why post a link that could be deleted, when you can upload it to TPR and it will be here forever?

I agree, maybe make up a backstory thing like:

Thatonepark (fake park) is building a new and exiting rollercoaster for it's 2011 season. All the information we can give away is that it will have at least two inversions and was designed with a software called Newton (2) and we want YOU to show US what you think it will be using that very same software. (the winner will be the "actual" design )

It's very generic, but it's a start and a template to work with. You could also limit the type of ride (EX: Intamin LSM coaster), style (Ex: terrain with multiple launches) and general idea (Ex: cheetah running through a field chasing it's prey). Yes, all my examples lead to BGT's 2011 coaster, but we already know the layout and everything on that one so don't use it.

My 2 cents. And I may yet join, but for now I will wait and see.

This has my ears perked up...I *hope* I could steal a win with this contest!

**And if you've never seen realistic rides with Newton2, then look up "Daboia" or "Intimidator 305 Recreation" on YouTube (by Richard Lerwill and A113, respectively). Both show that, with proper knowledge, Newton makes realistic rides. Besides, it's the REAL principles (watered down for the average user) that coaster designers create their rides. Newton gets closer than handbuilding, that's for certain.**

Well, I just now created a full Intamin Looping Coaster track that I definitely like layout-wise! The trackwork has some slightly questionable sections concerning whether it's Intamin's style or not, but I think it's a very cool track and is very twisted.

Now onto the supports.............*UGH*

Another Update this one with a little more of a reveal on the track side of things, but its a small update i don't want to give away to much before the final release.

Enjoy!

Sulfur-101018200606000.bmp

A cool little teaser.

Sulfur-101018200657003.bmp

Random Poster.

Sulfur-101018200747004.bmp

Ive only had this picture editing Program for about two days.

Sulfur-101018200617001.bmp

My Personal Favorite. Get Excited!

Thank you I am glad to see that poeple are taking an interest. I am very proud of the track work as this is only my fourth or fifth complete Newton2 coaster. I have just begun the custom supports and have taken the advice i was given from my previous rides. It is all coming together. And for any of you that would like to edit photos like I did the program I used is called ACDSEE I do not remember if it is free but it is a very good software.

I have just finished the ride and am very proud of it ,and I trust that it is ready for your eyes. I would like to take a moment of your time though and please read this. I would like to dedicate the work i put into this for my best friend Chris Montagan. This afternoon at about 8:00 today he he... he killed himself. He was my best friend in the world and shared my deep passion for roller coasters. I would like to post this in memory of him Chris I love you and you were like a brother to me. I proudly present to you Sulfur. R.I.P Chris may I see you again someday.

Sulfur-101019204619001.bmp

Sulfur-101019204637002.bmp

Sulfur-101019204650003.bmp

Sulfur-101019204707004.bmp

Sulfur-101019204726005.bmp

Sulfur-101019204549000.bmp

R.I.P. Buddy

It is finally here. Ive put a lot of effort into this. This is my best ride by far that I have made using No Limits. I am proud to present my coaster for this contest. P.S. Is anyone else taking this contest for a spin or am i going to win by default because I would feel like that is unfair if I did. Just a question.

Sulfur-101026182450000.bmp

Sulfur-101026182505001.bmp

Sulfur-101026182518002.bmp

Sulfur-101026182530003.bmp

Sulfur-101026182544004.bmp

Sulfur-101026182614006.bmp

Sulfur-101026182636008.bmp

Sulfur-101026182650009.bmp

Sulfur-101026182703012.bmp

Sulfur-101026182706013.bmp

Sulfur-101026182714014.bmp

Sulfur-101026182746015.bmp

Sulfur.nltrack

DOWNLOAD!!!

Whoa that was a cool ride! Even though it wasn't as realistic (the inversions were n00bily constructed), it was pulled off WAY better than other beginner Newton rides. It felt really cool and I loved the transitions, even if they weren't exactly Intamin style. Fun ride, I enjoyed it!

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=790&page=1#Item_0

Just be ready to watch out for stiff competition! (if you've already seen the first batch of photos, scroll down for station progress)

^ What criteria do you consider when you call inversions "noobily constructed"?

It doesn't matter what an inversion looks like. As long as the forces are properly controlled, it really doesn't matter.

"N00bly constructed" means that the creator just took a section of track in Newton and twisted it to resemble a shape. They left the [most important part], the positive forces, alone. No airtime was factored in at all. In a loop, you experience near 0G moments (like 0.5) and in corkscrews you feel near 0.7G.

This has to be plugged into Newton, or you get a super-snappy twist that goes 3G throughout the entire thing and feels like a sudden twirl. If you ride the coaster yourself you can see this, and how this is very unrealistic. No coasters do this type of maneuver because if you combined the high positive G's with the rotational G's caused from the overly tight twist, you'd get your neck snapped off (not really, but you see what I mean - whiplash).

If only they were ride-able in real-life...they are fun to watch in NoLimits...but they are just terribly quick and unrealistic.

"N00bly constructed" means that the creator just took a section of track in Newton and twisted it to resemble a shape. They left the [most important part], the positive forces, alone. No airtime was factored in at all. In a loop, you experience near 0G moments (like 0.5) and in corkscrews you feel near 0.7G.

This has to be plugged into Newton, or you get a super-snappy twist that goes 3G throughout the entire thing and feels like a sudden twirl. If you ride the coaster yourself you can see this, and how this is very unrealistic. No coasters do this type of maneuver because if you combined the high positive G's with the rotational G's caused from the overly tight twist, you'd get your neck snapped off (not really, but you see what I mean - whiplash).

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were referencing the sort of awkward-looking transitions and elements that come from experimenting with Newton for the first time, not those with actual unrealistic forces.