TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Announces Our 2006 UK Trip!

If you'd like a walking-talking BPB encyclopedia on the day there, I could come along.

Hmm, would it be possible for me as a UK resident to participate in the trip (minus the flights ofcourse)? - it would be nice to do a colaborative multi-park trip here at home, so to speak, and with people other than a coaster club!

Oh hmm, after reading the first post of this topic again I see that my question is already answered - £900 is a lot of money however, especially with doing a mini RCCGB USA trip (Holiday World, PKI and CP, with special HW Voyage riding before and during opening) just before your UK trip. Looks like I'll just be a casual non-perky day visitor then.

Edited by Musical Pete

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have good company anyway - can't wait for my TPR DVDs to arrive.

I've just realised that the last day of the RCCGB trip (returning home) is the first day of your UK trip. Is that first day (9th) US-only i.e. flying over here, so the trip proper starts the next day?

Whatever works out, I can definately come to a park or two for a day just to meet everybody!

well i will be 16 by then, but theres no way my parents would ever let me go anywhere (especially cross-continental) with "strangers".

when i turn 18..oh yes..

Not to mention the morning of June 9 is graduation at my school and there's no way I can miss my best friends graduation

Even though I can't come on the trip every day because of other commitments, I will try and swap my shifts so I can come to some of the parks in the evenings after I finish work on the days that I'm stuck in the office. Long days ahead, but they'll be worth it!

Excellent intinery. Should be one hell of a trip. Even for those that have been to the UK before.

I wont be able to tag along for the whole trip (especially as I'll be touring Germany the folowing month), but hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you guys at a few of the parks on your journey, in particular Great Yarmouth and Fantasy Island, two parks that I havent been to yet. All depends on uni/work though.

Thorpe and Chessie should be dead certs as they are my local parks.

Robb,

What day(s) are you planning on being at the Pleasure Beach? Reason I ask is unless you're there at a weekend you'll be faced with very limited opening hours (could be as restricted as 4-5 hours).

Again, my offer of help still stands for this park - just ask!

Greg

The USPS trackingt thingy says that my deposit (sent express mail from a US military post office in Japan, which means it sure as hell won't get there overnight) should be arriving at an address on Magic Mountain Parkway on Tuesday.

Fingers are crossed that 20 odd deposit checks DON'T arrive on Monday!

Chris B

Hello, I sent Robb an email with a question but I thought that I could post it here too (to get a faster reply). I'm 15, but if I did go my brother (who is eighteen) would be going. Would this be ok? Or does he have to actually be my legal guardian? I just thought that since he is considered adult that it might count, as he would be responsible for me throughout the trip. I just wanted to know as soon as possible so I could send in a deposit. If it's not okay, I understand.