TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Announces Our 2006 UK Trip!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so torn. I would love to go on the trip, but I was already planning on going to either Australia to visit a friend and hopefully see Kylie Minogue perfrom, or to Germany for the World Cup. Of course both of those assume that I am able to get tickets.

This sounds like fun but unfortunately any large expensive trip that I'll be doing next summer is going to be a high school graduation trip with my school buddies. Then again, I'm not sure if any of my friends parents will allow them to do that so I'll have to give this some serious thought.

Mark "Needs to explore Europe!" Luskus

Being a lighting designer, I may have to see a show or two on the 19th. I'll have to see what the show schedules are like.

If you need to see a show that pushes lighting and staging to the limits try the new ALWebber show..Woman in white.. It uses projections that move and virtual scenery... Its also a great show...

Unfortunately Rush aren`t playing wembley at the same time as there flying rigs on the R30 tour have yet to be beaten..

I was checking airfare and it was $985 from RSW to LHR! I think I need to wait until buying airfare tickets.

Fly out of a major Hub if possible... One thing confuses me I see the same thing happens in the US as does here in the UK re air travel prices.. For instance I can get KLM flights for those dates from LHR to LAX rtn for 300 sterling (what-- thats about $250 dollars) yet when i try to book them return the other way round LAX to LHR the price suddenly wacks up, talk about price fixing the market.. We always have the same problem if we want to add on internals in the US from the UK its always cheaper to wait until were in the US... Its a pity you cant buy tickets outside your country of residence on the internet...

I am seriously considering going on this trip as next June is my last month of freedom before I start on my career!!

Are there loads of people signing up as individuals (ie going alone)? Absolutely none of my friends are coaster fanatics; they would all give me strange looks if I asked them to come along!

Do you have to have someone else to go with for the accommodation arrangements or will the organisers pair people up randomly?

Thanks for the help!!

You are correct, Ted. My understanding is that when all registration is in, a questionaire will be sent out. If you already have someone in mind to room with, you put them down. Otherwise, based on questions like smoking, snoring, age, sanity will all come together to determine the best matches for roommates. With the private forum for trip goers, roommates will also be able to get a better understanding of their roommates. Think of it like Freshman year in college.

Hello Robb and Elissa,

My partner and I are interested in this trip; especially as it coincides with my birthday!

Do you have the full itinerary at all yet? I can understand some of the problems with releasing a full itinerary; kind of reminds me of that episode of Will & Grace where Grace hides in the background and copies someone elses fitness programme in the gym! But of course with the special 'niche' nature of this trip, I don't think you'll find any freeloaders stowed away in the coach lol

^^Yeah, what Derek said! Thanks dude!

^ Again, I hate giving out a 'full itinerary' just because small details could change based on 'park perk availability' or 'new ride openings' or more!

I can say that for sure we will hit:

Oakwood Drayton Manor Alton Towers Blackpool Pleasure Beach Southport Pleasureland Gulliver’s Kingdom Flamingoland Lightwater Valley Fantasy Island Great Yarmouth Area Chessington Thorpe Park

and most likely a few smaller parks as well.

I'm going to post the link to the flyer again just so it doesn't get buried as I've noticed a lot of people asking questions that are answered within the flyer. Not that I mind answering the questions, just I think that the thread has gotten so big now, people might miss the fact that many of the answers are already there!

So anyway.....

TPR's UK Theme Park Trip 2006 Flyer!

Also, I'm not sure if I ever posted the link to our 'events' page, but here it is:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/events.htm

--Robb "Thanks to everyone who has already signed up!" Alvey

Camelot Theme Park may well be worth a visit if you're heading upto Blackpool after Alton Towers. It's very much en-route (you can see the park from the M6 Motorway on the way to Blackpool).

It's not a huge park, so would only require a few hours in the morning. Blackpool's opening hours may be a problem if you go there on a weekday, they don't open late on weekdays during school term time.

Based on the DLP site for 2005, the 2 night, 3 day Eurostar packages start at 259 British Pounds/per person (week days in June... 283 weekend) for the Hotel Santa Fe (on property). I'm not sure what the exchange rate will do to that price, but that gets you train from London to the Resort, two nights hotel, and a 3 day park-hopper. For shorter trips, I think you have to book everything seperate.

Eurostar current fare is 180 British Pounds round trip.

2-day park hopper is 90 pounds, single day tix are 41 pounds