The Monster Cereals

Movieguy

Favorite Monster Cereal?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Monster Cereal?

• Count Chocula
    • Boo Berry
    • Frakenberry

If you grew up in the 80's, like I did, then many of you probably have fond memories of the monster cereals. Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Boo Berry, all graced the shelves and cupboards of America (Along with the short-lived Fruit Brute, and Yummy Mummy). Nowadays, Count Chocula has taken up the entire spotlight, in a world that, to me, has too many chocolate flavored cereals now.

But this Halloween, General Mills is once again bringing back the full lineup. I don't know about anywhere else, but here in in Ithaca, they've been selling like mad to kids and College students alike! Boo Berry in particular, which seems to have a cult following on the internet. Frankenberry was always my personal favorite, and I now buy a box whenever I can.

So what are your memories of these classics? Which was your favorite. Do tell!

Edited by Movieguy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say, even though Frankenberry's still my favorite, I decided today that I missed Count Chocula as well. I bought a box, and now it stands in my shelf next to Frank.

Even though I voted for Frankenberry, The Count comes a very close second for me.

My mom surprised me yesterday with some Frankenberry! So awesome that she found them since we were unable to find them last October. I've never really been a Count Chockula person myself, but I've always loved Boo Berries & especially Frankenberries. Just another reason that October is my favorite month .

Drat.

None of them have shown up at either (my) local foodstore chains, SuperValu or Safeway.

Hmmm. Maybe it'll be only another week, athough the candy is already out and for sale.

Boo Berry.

• 4 weeks later...