TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wooden Racer Model

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sorry, just got around to this thread again. This model was built from a kit. We at CoasterDynamix have been trying to figure out a way to make an easy-to-build kit for enthusiasts at a reasonable price. We came up with this model. It is laser cut and takes about 3hrs to build. We have hot released it yet, but I'm looking for your suggestions on pricing. What is a model such as this worth to the fine members of TPR? It's about 3ft long and 6" wide. It is a really cool model to put on your desk or on a shelf. You will build the kit yourself which allows you to paint it in any color you wish. Here is a picture of a stained wood model I put together:

What do you guys think?

^Just by looking at the track I can tell you it doesn't.

And I'd pay anywhere from 90$-100$. It doesn't look that good to me. That's not at all an insult on your behalf. I'm spoiled by lavishly detailed model railroad stuff. (Seriously, those guys throw FITS over details!)

Hey all.

The model is about 3' long and 8" tall. It looks very to-scale as well. With the benefit of painting it yourself, you can make it as realistic as you wish. At an N-Scale (1:148), it will not be a working model (which would be next to impossible to do). Seems like the general price is around $100. We have been thinking a lot about what this model is worth. To build a similar model using Balsa would probably cost you around $500 in material alone and probably 1-2 weeks of built-time. As this model is laser-cut and can be assembled in 3hrs, we think it will give everyone the opportunity to own a scale-accurate actual-wood model of a roller coaster to display.

Currently, we are looking to price this no more then $80. There really is nothing else out there that comes close to the quality and appearance of this kit, but we want to keep it affordable for all the coaster nuts (like myself) who also spend lots of money on parks each year! We hope to have this out before Christmas. We may also release a 'first run' which would not have a fancy box or anything, but we'd offer it at a discount to the fine folks of TPR as a 'thank you' for letting us show off our new stuff on the site!

For size reference, here are a couple pictures of how I have mine displayed:

Hey again. I was rendering out some product photos today and thought I'd show you a kind of cool feature this coaster has. You can flip the base over, flip each bent, and you've got yourself a mirrored coaster. This of course means if you have 2, you can make a very realistic Racer model! Check it out: