Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Smashing Pumpkins tonight at the HP Pavilion in San Jose with other My Chemical Romance among others opening. I have looked forward to seeing these guys for quite awhile so I hope this new lineup is as good as the critics are making it out to be!

I've just recovered from an amazing week;

30 Seconds To Mars and Enter Shikari at Manchester Central (which is HUGE by the way) on the 4th December

Pendulum and Hadouken!, also at Manchester Central on the 8th

and You Me At Six, Set Your Goals and The Blackout at Manchester Apollo on the 12th.

I got a chest infection from Pendulum, due to it being -4 degrees outside and myself wearing beach shorts.

All of the bands were amazing and I just got my tickets for next years Leeds Festival..

LEEDS!

• 3 weeks later...

A few hours ago I got back from the first annual OC SKA LUAU! It was an awesome show.

Bands:

Stupid Flanders: missed most of set as our dinner at downtown disney took a while, however, what I heard, a cover of the teenage mutant ninja turtles, was fun.

La Banda Skalvera: Latin/ Spanish ska. Was pretty good, but as I am no where near fluent in Spanish I did not enjoy it as much as I was unable to sing along. Also they had some slower stuff which is okay, but I wanted something more "punkish.:"

Chase Long Beach: I love these guys like crazy. A chick lead ska band with some hard, pit friendly music and awesome energy. I seem to be among the minority of people that love them though as the others in the show thought they were not great live. It may have been cause I was in the pit, but either way I LOVED IT!!!!!

Suburban Legends SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN! After Reel Big Fish(Aaron Barret was hanging back stage with suburban legends BTW, but he came on stage for a sec to say hey) these guys are the best entertainers out there. They have insane energy, awesome audience interaction, catchy beats and songs, the best covers one could ask for, all rolled into one awesome band. I mean, there was a fricken BED INTRUDER cover as well as a cover of I Just Cant Wait to be King, from the Lion King! Thats awesome!

Star pool Another very fun band! I was not quite as familiar with them as I was with Chase or Suburban Legends, despite seeing them live once before. They seemed to have a good number of fans, which was good, but MANY people left after the Legends, which makes me wonder if they should have been the closing act. They were awesome however and played many crowd favorites, but they dont have the charisma or energy of the legends!

Anyway, fellow So Calians, if all goes well we have another annual concert right before new years eve, and if its always going to be like this years it is a fun one. All in all an awesome night!

One last thing to add to this. Ska fans are the greatest people there are in this world. My friends got tired after some of the set, but I am typically VERY energetic, so I stayed in the pit area while they found some seats to just watch the band. Between the sets I was invited to join about a 20 or so person circle on the ground. WE just kept inviting more random people to the circle, and had an awesome and did things like yell the songs that were playing on the speakers between the sets. W\e got some people around us to sing NITE CLUB by the specials, which was Very Fun.

Also, for some reason(maybe cause Starpool has the coolest African American singer ever) his nickname is apparently "Chocolate Penis." So between songs and before they began there was a wave with everyone cheering CHOCOLATE PENIS, and when he came out he chanted with the crowd!

Edited by the ghost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing No Joy, Wavves and Best Coast about an hour and a half ago. IT WAS FANTASTIC. Four hours of blaring, noisy, poppy surf punk from three incredible bands. I went for Best Coast, but I really think Wavves stole the show. As soon as they started their first song, almost everyone rushed to the stage and moshed for nearly 45 minutes. Also, I got a tour-only 7" vinyl AND got it signed by Bobb from Best Coast! What a fantastic night.

Adam "My ears are still ringing" H.

Just got back from seeing Weezer at the Hard Rock in Vegas. We saw them both nights when they were playing at the Gibson from the balcony and decided we needed to see the show closer. They announced the Vegas show and we jumped at the chance. I was a bit worried that we didn't get VIP tickets and wouldn't be close, but we ended up front row leaning against the rail. Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from what was easily the greatest show of my life.

I saw The Carbonites, Drastic Actions, Danny Secretion and the Sh*tty Ramones, and the headliners, the Cobra Skulls. Everybody was awesome, especially the Cobra Skulls.

But what really made the night special was that I experienced my first mosh pit ever. To put it simply, it was INSANE. People shoving you in every direction, crashing into everybody, jumping to the fast beat of the music, it was just amazing. But man, I'm more tired right now than I've ever been in my life. Such a great show.

Just saw Less Than Jake... if this reads slightly strangely it is copied and pasted(still originally written by me) from another site...

Jesus Christ! Lol. I to put it simply the show was freaking INSANE. My parents said I needed to be back by 11:30, but about half way in I thought "HELL NO" and it was a great decision, although I did leave during the finals song. The setlist was the Normal one minus Gainesville Rock City but someone was getting married, so they played Peter Jackson is Getting Married, which I guess was a substitute. There were a few songs I didnt know, but I knew most of them and had an awesome time either way. Just Damn... what a show. All opening acts were great, although Headstrong was a bit "off" as the overly rowdy fans wanted something to mosh to and not an acoustic band. I though I'd hate Off With Their Heads as I hated his voice in music videos I have heard, but they sounded great live. I was already a fan of the supervillians and though they put on a fun show. And of course Less Than Jake was awesome. The band was very impressed with us socalians that we were so insane on a monday night, but we tore that place up. Wow! Such a good night. Now to continue my week I think Im going to disneyland on Friday and I am seeing Streetlight on Sunday. I am in such an awesome mood right now!!!!!!

Saw Motorhead in Kitchener last night. It was the second time I had seen them, and nothing has really changed. They still have the absolute loudest shows I have ever been to. Somehow, this one was even louder than when I saw them in 2009. Now, because they are so incredibly loud, the sound system they use should be able to handle it, right? Well...unfortunately it couldn't. A lot of the songs became garbled noise where all I could hear was the bass guitar, drums and Lemmy screaming something or other. The best part of their set, just like last time was the extended version of Overkill as their last encore song.

I'd probably give them a 6.5/10 for the night. The sound issues really put a damper on the show.

Since I'm still partially deaf from seeing three concerts in a week (Eluvietie, Finntroll and Motorhead), I'm going to give my ears a bit of a break. The next concert I'm going to isn't until May when I go see Rammstein in Toronto. Dear god, I'm looking forward to that show.