TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

After not going to a concert since last September (Porcupine Tree) I've got 4 concerts lined up for August ... and they are on 4 consecutive nights. Eeek.

August 12th: Porcupine Tree/Coheed and Cambria - Hollywood Palladium

August 13th: Rush - Irvine Meadows

August 14th: Weird Al Yankovic - OC Fair

August 15th: Primus/Wolfmother - Santa Barbara Bowl

Gonna be crazy ... crazy awesome.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Religion at House of Blues in Hollywood, on March 25th.

It was amazing! My friend and I were in the very front, and I talked to Brett Gurewitz after the show in the parking lot. They've been playing for 30 years, and most of the band members are older than my dad, but it was one of the best shows I've been too.

I get to go to another concert for my birthday, so I either want to see Bad Religion again when they tour off their new album, or Flogging Molly whenever they come back to California.

I totally saw them in April on the same tour. They were absolutely phenomenal live.

This weekend was pretty much the holy grail of concerts for me. I went to the Electric Daisy Carnival at Exposition Park on Friday and WOW. Words cannot describe my experience. It was totally surreal and absolutely amazing. The artists were fantastic, the art exhibits blew my mind, and just everything was perfect. Afrojack threw down as well as Savoy, Swedish House Mafia, and Deadmau5. It was an amazing night, something that I will never ever forget. And then yesterday, I headed out to Ska in the Park in Pomona. Big D and the Kids Table were amazing as usual, along with Mustard Plug, See Spot, Two Tone Lizard Kings, and The Mayors of Sexytown. Overall this was a weekend I will never ever forget and I can't wait for my next rave!

---Brent

Ughhhh. I didn't end up going. I was so bummed. Heard it was awesome.

Haven't been to a concert in about two years, and that was a They Might Be Giants show (which, by the way, was incredible), but I do plan to go to Warped Tour this year, which is just under a month from now for the Atlanta show. The bands I'm most excited about seeing are Attack Attack!, Closure In Moscow, Emarosa, Every Time I Die, Iwrestledabearonce, Of Mice & Men, VersaEmerge, and You Me at Six.

Great line-up this year, I'm overly excited!

I saw Dave Brubeck last night as part of the Toronto Jazz Festival. This concert excited me to no end. Dave Brubeck is among my all time favourite jazz musicians, and the only one of them who is still alive. I would have been a fool not to take the opportunity to see him in concert. For an 89(!) year old, he still plays with a lot of emotion, energy and most of all, has a fun time. Him and the rest of the quartet played for about 2.5 hours with a small intermission. As a little family bonus, his son Matthew took the stage in the second half of the set and played with his dad and band. That was pretty neat to see...you could tell Dave was extremely proud of his son. The highlight of the show was "Blue Rondo a la Turk" on which Brubeck commented, "I don't know why I wrote this song, when every time I play it, I wonder if I can even get through it". They also played some other stuff off Time Out (greatest album ever, btw) which made me a happy person.

I don't get the chance to see much live jazz, which is a shame. I really should start going to more shows.

^ Jazz is awesome. Last spring, I went to a few minor concerts at a library, Sachal Vasandani was among them. I also saw Buddy Guy at a more expensive venue.

Last night I went to a bar in a hotel with my dad to see Micheal Allman and T.C. Ridge, with South of Georgia. Micheal Allman is Gregg Allman's oldest son, if you didn't know. The show was really cool, T.C. walked around the audience and/or stood on top of tables while he sang. Micheal performed songs from his album Hard Labor Creek, including What's the World Coming To and If Dreams Were Money. Pretty Awesome. I heard that he was coming back later this summer to a larger venue, and I plan on going to that show, too.

I'm a massive electronic music fan. Trance is what I truly listen to mostly. I go to college in LA and have been attending the "socal massives"/raves/electronic music festivals ever since. I'm from Jersey, so some I regretfully missed out on. Most depressing was missing out on Together As One on NYE 2008/2009 as it was Armin Van Buuren's special Armin Only: Imagine 9 hour performance. Guess I'll have to catch one of his next upcoming Armin Only: Mirage performances this coming year.

Seeing as I've never posted in this thread, the last concerts I attended were in order:

- Monster Massive 2008

- Nocturnal Festival 2009

- Monster Massive 2009

- Tiësto @ The Shrine Auditorium

- Together As One NYE 2009/2010

- Beyond Wonderland 2010

and of course, most recently, both days of the "Electric Daisy Carnival" 2010. EDC literally BLEW me away! (my avatar is me at EDC)

Next up is Nocturnal 2010, Monster Massive 2010, Tiësto @ LA Convention Center, and TAO 2010/2011. It's hard balancing all of these with my engineering major, but SO worth it!

My last concert, that would be Guus Meeuwis, a Dutch artist who filled up the PSV stadium (35.000) 5 times this year.

Already booked the tickets for 2011!

Another concert was Scooter (But not the last so technically of topic), I always go to their concerts in Köln, Germany. Every two years they have this really cool show with lots of pyrotechniques and really bad dance/trance music. It's so wrong, it's cool!

One of my favourite bands, which I try to attend yearly, Rowwen Heze. Known in the south of Holland for their folk music. Here together with Guus Meeuwis:

(Yes, the beer throwing is something typical for Rowwen Heze)

My last concert, that would be Guus Meeuwis, a Dutch artist who filled up the PSV stadium (35.000) 5 times this year.

Already booked the tickets for 2011!

Another concert was Scooter (But not the last so technically of topic), I always go to their concerts in Köln, Germany. Every two years they have this really cool show with lots of pyrotechniques and really bad dance/trance music. It's so wrong, it's cool!

One of my favourite bands, which I try to attend yearly, Rowwen Heze. Known in the south of Holland for their folk music. Here together with Guus Meeuwis:

(Yes, the beer throwing is something typical for Rowwen Heze)

Yes me too, I have already processed my ticket for Guus Meeuwis at PSV stadium. This coming 2011 concerts expect the unexpected.

Last night I went to the Ship of Fools tour w/ Streetlight Manifesto, The Supervillains, The Wonder Years, and Dan Potthast at the House of Blues Anaheim. This show only strengthened my belief that Streetlight is the best live band that I've seen. They absolutely blew it out of the park. Dan Potthast and The Supervillains were also quite good. I cannot wait till Streetlight comes back again, they put on the best show everytime! My next show, providing all is well money and time wise, will be Warped Tour in Pomona on August 11th.

---Brent

Angel Taylor

Chris Allen

Barenaked Ladies

Red Rocks Ampitheater. What an amazing venue. Anyone ever been to a concert there?

Stunning theater.... Never been to such a venue for obvious reasons.

I'm not saying that I speak fluently English but I think it's quite impossible to follow the lyrics of One Week from The Barenaked Ladies.

---Hans

THe Prodigy's festival at Milton Keynes, it turned into the best rave ever, great DJing sets and every support band was awesome (Does it Offend You, Yeah!?, Chase & Status, Enter Shikari and Pendulum),which are all 100% worth seeing alone anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-xYa7i8hA

and this just gives some perspective of the awesome venue, but we were much closer in the front pit.

Last night I went to the Ship of Fools tour w/ Streetlight Manifesto, The Supervillains, The Wonder Years, and Dan Potthast at the House of Blues Anaheim. This show only strengthened my belief that Streetlight is the best live band that I've seen. They absolutely blew it out of the park. Dan Potthast and The Supervillains were also quite good. I cannot wait till Streetlight comes back again, they put on the best show everytime! My next show, providing all is well money and time wise, will be Warped Tour in Pomona on August 11th.

---Brent

Awesome meeting you, Brent!