TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Lemme know if you're going to EDC, meeting up with TPR people there would be really fun!

---Brent

Of course. This might happen, I'd love to see Dirty South again. Do you have a facebook or AIM so that it is easier to coordinate this and we don't have to continue to hijack this thread?

Pendulum was soooooo good!

Constant pitting all night

Got a bruise on my back about 7inches long, but apart from that i'm fine

Next gig is Green Day on the 16th June. I have an exam in the morning so i'm going out of school at lunch.

Cobra Starship/3OH!3 in SF last night...awesome, high energy show. Being on the balcony was actually a lot of fun--all the enthusiasm of the floor without the risk of being squashed!

The opening acts (I Fight Dragons and Travie McCoy) were pretty good, especially Travie--not my favorite style of music but he's a great performer.

3OH!3: I wasn't sure what they would be like, but they ended up being my favorite of the night. Those guys were just fun and full of energy.

Cobra Starship: That being said, CS wasn't disappointing. They're also just a fun band to see live--love Gabe's corny jokes and dance moves. I thought the music overpowered the singing a bit, but it didn't bother me.

Edited by tinkerbell

Flight of the Conchords on Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl. Probably the most fun I will ever have in my entire life. Bret and Jermaine are huge contenders for the funniest people on Earth. One of the biggest highlights of the night was when they took a woman's camera and started taking pictures of their junk in the song Sugalumps. I really hope they come back to L.A. again...even if they've been here two years in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday I got to see a band that I've wanted to see for the LONGEST time, The OC Supertones. They did not dissapoint me at all and put on a fantastic live show. Contrary to what I thought would be a mellow crowd, it was INSANE. I almost broke my nose, I lost my phone, and I have huge cuts on my arms. It was amazing, totally unexpected. And now that it is summer, might as well put up my summer concert calendar!

June 25th - Electric Daisy Carnival (Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Infected Mushroom, Steve Aoki, and WAY more)

June 26th - Ska in the Park (Fishbone, Big D and the Kids Table, Mustard Plug)

July 15th - Streetlight Manifesto w/ Dan Potthast

August 11th - Warped Tour (Dropkick Murphy's, Reel Big Fish), not entirely sure if I'm going to this one yet

August 20th - Bad Brains, don't know if I'll be at this one either

---Brent

^ Geez Brent, you always beat me to it!

Yes, last Saturday's O.C. Supertones show was amazing! I loved the crowd and the pits. I was able to crowd surf 4 times successfully as well, so that was a plus. I would definitely go see them again if they played any other shows. My definite summer concert schedule is the same as the one above, with the exception of Bad Brains. However, I will be attending Uprise Los Angeles on July 17th. DJ S3rl and Darren Styles will headline that one.

By the way, Thousand Foot Krutch opened for the O.C Supertones. They were not amazing, but they were fun and had tons of energy. They really got the crowd moving and the moshes were quite good. One of my friends took a video of one of the pits with her cell phone. It has terrible sound quality, but I'll post it anyway.

Massive Attack @ The Wiltern and Jimmy Kimmel

Star Wars in Concert @ Citizens Bank Arena

Buzzcocks @ HOB Anaheim

Fischerspooner @ HOB Anaheim

X, Stiff Little Fingers, Hepcat, and The Aggrolites @ Ink & Iron at the Queen Mary

up next:

A Place To Bury Strangers @ Spaceland

Super Heroines @ Release The Bats

The Adicts & The Dickies @ The Fox Theatre

Lords of Acid & My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult @ Club Nokia

Last night I went to the Bamboozle Road Show at DTE (coughcough...Pine Knob) and it was pretty awesome! They had two stages set up, one smaller one for lesser known bands that we didn't stay at very long, and the other was the main pavilion stage.

First band on the main stage was Forever the Sickest Kids, and even though I didn't know any of their songs, they did do a great job. Next up was Good Charlotte. They were really fun live and brought back tons of memories from when I used to listen to them in middle school. After them was Third Eye Blind, and while the lead singer was slightly insane, they were still good. Next was LMFAO, which was just a giant party, and all around awesomely fun. Then Boys Like Girls was up, and while I was REALLY excited to see them live for the first time, they slightly disappointed me. Martin's vocals seemed kinda weak live and their performance was a little bland. That said, I've seen much, MUCH worse bands live. And finally my favorite, All Time Low closed out the night. I've ranted about my love of ATL in this thread before so I'll keep it short. They know how to put on a fantastic show, and they really do sound incredible live. They are easily one of my favorite bands.

Green Day was simply amazing! They played near on 20 something songs . Tre Cool threw drumsticks into the crowd and I got one! Seeing as I am a drummer myself too But then this fat a$$hole literally headbutted me and took it off me.

Bad Religion at House of Blues in Hollywood, on March 25th.

It was amazing! My friend and I were in the very front, and I talked to Brett Gurewitz after the show in the parking lot. They've been playing for 30 years, and most of the band members are older than my dad, but it was one of the best shows I've been too.

I get to go to another concert for my birthday, so I either want to see Bad Religion again when they tour off their new album, or Flogging Molly whenever they come back to California.

79052869.jpg.c8f0fb323222e2d4bb1b84f6881b6429.jpg

I was up against the security gate, center-right. (I got this picture off Twitter.)

It was amazing! My friend and I were in the very front, and I talked to Brett Gurewitz after the show in the parking lot. They've been playing for 30 years, and most of the band members are older than my dad, but it was one of the best shows I've been too.

I get to go to another concert for my birthday, so I either want to see Bad Religion again when they tour off their new album, or Flogging Molly whenever they come back to California.

I was totally there. I was at the middle left hand side. That was a great show.

I was totally there. I was at the middle left hand side. That was a great show.

Cool!

Wasn't it? That was the best crowd I've been in, too. There was this one guy who was just being obnoxious, and trying to start fights with everyone, including me. Which was sad, because I am a teenaged girl, and he was a grown man. But someone got him away from me, and then security pulled him out. It was entertaining.

I totally saw them in April on the same tour. They were absolutely phenomenal live.

This weekend was pretty much the holy grail of concerts for me. I went to the Electric Daisy Carnival at Exposition Park on Friday and WOW. Words cannot describe my experience. It was totally surreal and absolutely amazing. The artists were fantastic, the art exhibits blew my mind, and just everything was perfect. Afrojack threw down as well as Savoy, Swedish House Mafia, and Deadmau5. It was an amazing night, something that I will never ever forget. And then yesterday, I headed out to Ska in the Park in Pomona. Big D and the Kids Table were amazing as usual, along with Mustard Plug, See Spot, Two Tone Lizard Kings, and The Mayors of Sexytown. Overall this was a weekend I will never ever forget and I can't wait for my next rave!

---Brent

Last concert I went to was KISS at Madison Square Garden back in October. It was a lot of fun. Kiss gave a great performance, they pyrotechnics were very well executed, and I got to see the famous "Gene vomiting blood" bit. My only problem with it was that my friend made everyone in my group leave before the concert ended.