TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

Last Thursday I went to Royal Oak to see Owl City, Lights and Paper Route. My friend and I ended up getting extremely lucky with the whole experience. We got down there around 1-ish and waited around for a while. We had the opportunity for a meet and greet with Lights so we took it and ended up meeting her. She was unbelievably nice, and ridiculously pretty (I'll post a picture). After the meet and greet we got back in line, only to find out our presale tickets got us in first, so we ended up center stage, right against the barrier.

The concert itself was fantastic, Paper Route was a real surprise, very nice ambient rock to start off the show. Lights did a fantastic job and we ended up holding hands with her for a second during her set. Owl City didn't disappoint, Adam Young really does put on quite the show and put on an amazing performance. He did a great job of mixing a lot of his older stuff with his newest stuff, which I appreciated. If you like them, I completely recommend seeing them, its just an all around fun concert to go to.

My only complaint is of the venue. They were EXTREMELY strict about no pictures or video, at all. After Lights a security guard came up to some girls next to us and deleted all her pictures that she had taken, and threatened to kick her out. A little while later they caught two different guys taking video and threw them out. I'm sorry, but honestly what is the big deal with taking pictures?? Video I can sort of understand for copyright reasons, but whats so bad about taking pictures! I did manage to sneak quite a few while hiding behind my friend and was very lucky though. I dont know what the venue's issue is, but I think the audience should be ALLOWED to take pictures at a concert. And on that note, here are a few pictures .

CIMG2257.jpg.67fa042bcfecf61a318b238a950980e0.jpg

Me with lights, I was almost disgusted by how pretty she is.

CIMG2263.jpg.19556b2f479dc8bd315136f4c1e0d30f.jpg

Lights during her set, you can see how close we were.

CIMG2274.jpg.2af745232e9d341d40f3d225ccc26330.jpg

Owl City =). Yes he is wearing an Owl Costume made out of a white hoodie, duct tape and feathers.

CIMG2283.jpg.9ebddd55f6677f4218953bc361d1d839.jpg

One of my favorite pictures from the night.

CIMG2293.jpg.da80417ab7297d4eb8c08c27f48bf978.jpg

Part of his band, he also had a percussionist and a keyboardist on the other side of the stage but I couldn't get a good picture.

CIMG2307.jpg.cdab50ac61e8d807fa6b27597280b579.jpg

Another one of my favorite pictures, and my last one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's pretending to be a rockstar

He's doing a pretty good job "pretending"

He never brings up the fact that he was an actor and usually tries to avoid answering questions in interviews where people ask him about it. I've also heard he's refused to play places advertising the band as "Jared Leto from 'My So Called Life' 's band." I cant confirm or deny that one though.

^^ LIGHTS is hot and quite possibly the perfect girl...hot, loves video games, and loves comic books.

LMAO, Amon Amarth's a terrible first concert. I am a Slipknot fan, and although I enjoy insane death/black/crazy metal the fans scare me. I was going to go see a Cradle of Filth show on their US tour last year, but we decided not to cause they have crazy ass fans and killer people.

Concerts for this Summer

Mayhem festival featuring Rob Zombie(YAY) Korn(boo) 5 finger death punch(meh) and lamb of God(hell yeah, I dont know their songs, but I have heard them on youtube and I heard they are great live.)

Weird Al-Early birthday present. He puts on a fun,very entertaining show, and although I liked him more when I was younger I am oretty happy to see him, its like the fourth live show I've seen.

Streetlight Manifesto(hopefully) on July fifteenth. Tickets are only like 20 bucks, but MAyhem fest is the Saturday before, and I'm not sure I am allowed to go to 2 concerts in a week.

^ I love Lights, so much. Her stage presence makes me melt.

Last concert: The 2010 AP Tour with NeverShoutNever, Hey Monday, The Cab, Every Avenue, The Summer Set. We left before NSN came on, because none of us really liked him, and plus we wanted to meet Cassadee from Hey Monday, and I wanted to meet The Summer Set as well.

LMAO, Amon Amarth's a terrible first concert. I am a Slipknot fan, and although I enjoy insane death/black/crazy metal the fans scare me. I was going to go see a Cradle of Filth show on their US tour last year, but we decided not to cause they have crazy A$$ fans and killer people.

For the most part, fans at death/folk metal shows are fairly responsible and all around nice (see my post about Finntroll on the last page). It's the young kids who go crazy and whatnots.

Mayhem festival featuring Rob Zombie(YAY) Korn(boo) 5 finger death punch(meh) and lamb of God(hell yeah, I dont know their songs, but I have heard them on youtube and I heard they are great live.)

I saw Lamb of God open for Metallica back in October. I didn't know much about them, but they did put on a fairly good show. Defintiely worth checking out.

Streetlight Manifesto(hopefully) on July fifteenth. Tickets are only like 20 bucks, but MAyhem fest is the Saturday before, and I'm not sure I am allowed to go to 2 concerts in a week.

Go go go go go! I'll be there along with their two dates at the Key Club. So I'll be seeing Streetlight Manifesto three times within one week! Gonna be amazing! My concert calendar for this summer is going to be truly epic. It goes as:

Electric Daisy Carnival (Deadmau5, Moby): June 25th

Ska in the Park (Big D and the Kids Table, Fishbone): June 26th

Streetlight Manifesto: July 12, 13, 15

Warped Tour (Reel Big Fish, Dropkick Murphys): August 11th

And many more to be added! Can't wait till summer!

---Brent

^ Yep! You will be going to all of those with me! Lol.

Anyway, the last concert I attended was HARD at the Hollywood Palladium. It was absolutely incredible. There were between 3500 and 4000 people there this year, which was nice. The line-up was Destructo, Sidney Samson, Rifoki, Steve Aoki, and the Bloody Beetroots.

Destructo wasn't the greatest. His set sounded similar from beginning to end and he didn't have much energy.

Sidney Samson was incredible. He was very excited to play in America for the first time, and he did an amazing job. He did a very cool EDM/Techno mix of "Wonderwall", as well as a ton of other creative things. His hit song "Riverside" was great and the entire crowd went nuts for it.

Rifoki was....an interesting experience, to say the least. It's not common for a hardcore band to play at a rave, so some of the kandi kids weren't too happy about it. I loved it, however, as it was very nice to take a break from glowsticking and dancing, and do some moshing instead. By the last 20 minutes of their set, the pit-willing people had made their way up to the front and the moshing got pretty insane. I was very pleased!

Steve Aoki was mind-blowing. I have always liked his music and he easily lived up to my expectations. He did his signature stage dive and crowd surf, which was kind of funny to see in person. He mixed some great tunes and played classics like "Warp 1.9" and "Cornelius". I heard that Steve is playing at the Electric Daisy Carnival this year, and I am going on the Friday date. Hopefully that's they day he plays, because I would love to see him live again!

The Bloody Beetroots were awesome! I really wanted their set to last even longer than it did. They played from 12:00 am till 1:50 am, and I was sure they would do an encore and play till 2:15 or so. I was wrong. They didn't come back out on stage at all and I was extremely disappointed. In any case, they were phenomenal and I must see them again. Their beats and sounds are super possessive, and I was completely lost in the music.

Overall, HARD was one of the best shows I've been to. If you are looking for a decent sized, reasonably priced rave, HARD is definitely a good choice. The crowd was great, the line-ups are almost always incredible, and Nitrus does a great, organized job with everything. Yay for HARD!

^^ Lucky, I really enjot Deadmau5, but I dont thing my parents would let me go to a rave. Streetlight is actually becoming more likely than mayhem just cause Mayhem is a heavy metal concert thats kind of farish(an hour) and I've never driven to a concert before.

^ Yeah, but Electric Daisy Carnival is notorious for LSD. Not saying I would ever try anything like that, but it is notorious for it, and also if I were going with my friends... well lets just say they are kind of druggies, and they donr tend to bring out the best in me, at least not in a concert type setting.

^ Yeah! I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it will blow my mind as well!

Yes, it's interesting, isn't it? People say raves are these evil scary places. I know there are a lot of drugs around, but the entire vibe and atmosphere is just so comfortable. Everyone is nice and everything just feels....Right!

^ Yes, being smart is the best thing you can do at shows!

By the way, EDC is only 16+ if you are without a parent. Along with my friends, my mom is going with me. Therefore, my little brother will be able to go despite the fact that he's not nearly 16. Is one of your parents into the concert/rave thing? Do you mind them going with you? If you have one of them there, you can get in without any issues.

Hmmm. I'm cool with my 64 year old stepdad being there, but I don't think he wants to be there for twelve hours. He went to see Orbital with me at Coachella and he wasn't feeling it, but he was loving Infected Mushroom. We shall see what happens.

One more concert lol.

For my second concert in less then 1 week (it was a good week to say the least), I saw 3oh!3, Cobra Starship, Travie McCoy and I Fight Dragons at The Filmore Detroit last night. I Fight Dragons was pretty fun, but nothing too mind blowing. Travie McCoy is completely not my genre, but it proves that good stage presence can make an artist. Almost solely because he put on a fantastic show, I really enjoyed him. I was pleasantly surprised.

As for Cobra Starship, they were amazing, seriously so much fun. I'm happy to say that during Cobra's set, I was able to successfully crowd surf for the first time, after 1 failed attempt (which which resulted in my elbow and hip being pretty severely bruised...worth it), I made it to the front of the pit. But aside from my fun, Cobra put on an INCREDIBLE set and it was quite possibly the most fun I've had at a concert...until...

3oh!3. Really, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. I saw them last year at Warped and thought they they're pretty fun, nothing to spectacular. This time was totally different. Like Travie McCoy, their stage presence is absolutely fantastic, they're just two giant balls of energy on stage, and it helps. They even sounded good which I didn't expect, and they made the crowd go crazy. Tons of moshing, crowd surfing, and most of all dancing. Their set was just a giant dance party, and totally fun. Highly, HIGHLY recommend seeing them live.

Just came back from Stockton VS Sacramento, with the Snot Cocks, Hit Reset, 9:00 News, and The Secretions. It was my first real show, since the only one I've been to before this was Relient K and Owl City...

But yeah, the show was amazing. Opened me up to a new side of punk music I've never explored. The Secretions were my personal favorite, but the fact that Hit Reset had so much energy, hopping around the tiny stage and singing about video games, was pretty awesome as well.