TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I journeyed on down to the House of Blues at Downtown Disney (the California one) and saw Reel Big Fish with the supporting acts of Starpool and Chase Long Beach. WOW, what a great show! Starpool has always been one of my personal favorites and they were fantastic last night. I was blown away with their talent and their pit provided the only time I was able to dance the whole night (more on that in a bit). I'm not a huge fan of Chase Long Beach, like at all, so I just went upstairs during their set. As per usual, Reel Big Fish was mind blowing. Their set was about two hours and they played all of my favorites, including Beer which has to be one of the best songs ever written. The pit was quite rough and there was no real area that I could skank in cuz the floor was super small (for those who've been to this HoB, you know what I'm talking about) and there had to be at least 300 people down there in that 75 by 50 foot floor. All in all, a very very fun show and Aaron Barret rules!

---Brent

• 2 months later...

Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

march 2nd 2010

30 Seconds to Mars (LA)

Support acts:

Lost Alone (England)

Street Drum Corps (LA)

Not the best concert I attended but it was OK.

---Hans

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Our Lady Peace performing their entire Clumsy CD before doing a selection of their other hits. The theater was tiny (only about 3000 seats), so it was a very close and intimate performance; it was awesome.

The concert was incredible. Raine hasn't lost one ounce of his talent and amazing voice. I would love to see them again and hope I can again soon.

Highlights of the night: Hearing all of Clumsy done live, acoustic version of Is Any Body Home?, and closing with Starseed

Saw Our Lady Peace performing their entire Clumsy CD before doing a selection of their other hits. The theater was tiny (only about 3000 seats), so it was a very close and intimate performance; it was awesome.

The concert was incredible. Raine hasn't lost one ounce of his talent and amazing voice. I would love to see them again and hope I can again soon.

Highlights of the night: Hearing all of Clumsy done live, acoustic version of Is Any Body Home?, and closing with Starseed

I am so jealous...saw them last year at a tiny club here in Phoenix (500 people max).

I am going to try to make it to Vancouver for the shows up there in May.

Best band that most people in the U.S. never really gave a chance !

Just got home from Muse at the Palace. I cannot begin to describe how fantastic the concert was, if you at all like them and have the opportunity, GO SEE THEM LIVE. They put on by FAR the best show I've ever seen and easily were one of the best sounding bands live. Since I dont have any more words to describe it, heres a couple pictures, sorry a few were so blurry.

CIMG2178.jpg.657c5317c1c4f690b07615889f80d246.jpg

Our view, for being so high up we could see everything.

CIMG2191.jpg.9c13950022c2689869a98fb8f0c35df7.jpg

Silversun Pickups opened up, they sounded good but I almost feel bad for how overshadowed they seemed.

CIMG2210.jpg.46452e609a5610bfb7cc33f4f08b76e7.jpg

Very cool stage set-up, the bottom half of the "skyscrapers" raised and lowered and the band started out there.

CIMG2215.jpg.a4cfa538b06403d10468d6e864415115.jpg

Last picture, by far my favorite picture taken that night. ALL of the visuals were beyond fantastic.

You Me At Six, last Friday at Manchester Apollo. There was a group of about 20 of us and we were all standing, so it was nice not to be left alone when some of my friends got crushed! I never really used to be a fan of them, but I saw them in December supporting Paramore, and I just HAD to get a ticket! They put so much energy and effort into all of the songs they play, although they do push it a little when they ask a crowd of 2000 (mainly teenage girls with an unhealthy obsession) to start a circle pit for basically the whole set!

The supports were Forever the Sickest Kids and We the Kings.

I adore FTSK and when I saw Jonathan (Lead Singer) at the end I got him to sign my tshirt, but alas, I didn't have a camera on me

We the kings didn't really give anything off, apart from a cover of Jimmy Eats World's The Middle, and I was glad to see them off.

Looking back, I'd say:

FTSK - 8/10

WTK - 4/10

YMAS - 9/10

I can't wait until their next tour in December!

I cant wait for Mayhem this summer!

Headliners

Rob Zombie

Korn

Lamb of God

Five Finger Deathpunch

Opening Acts I care about

Atreyu(They are just ok though)

Hatebreed(Kind of hate it, but fun to mosh to)

Chaimer(Crazy moshing coming out of that)

Norma Jean(Christians screaming about Christianity. Not good when all of the main stage acts are not very religious, in fact, I think lamb of God are black metal)

and a few others.

I almost saw Bodom at the Glass House last December, but my parents were scared I would die, and they hate black/melodic metal.

The Pixies at Hordern Pavillion Sydney - Doolittle 20th Anniversary Tour.

Started a bit slow and as soon as they went into Debaser the first track from Doolittle everyone sang every song, even kids who wouldn't have been born when Doolittle came out. Kim Deal is such a sweetheart, and even though Frnak Black (pictured) looks like an ACEr, his music rocks.

Image0082.jpg.5393253f46b7fe48f447840492ea6367.jpg

Who let that ACEr up on stage, wait a minute it's the Godfather of Grunge.

^That was the bad part, they only did one song off Surfer Rosa, which was the set closing Where Is My Mind? which is a big fave. They opened with 4 b-sides and then played Doolittle straight through, went off and then came back and played Wave Of Mutilation again as a b-side version. Then some stuff off Come On Pilgrim and one off Bossanova before the closer.

^Yeah it was funny concert, Kim Deal would be going - okay were starting side 2 of Doolittle now. They did Velouria off Bossanova, and Nimrod's Son and Vamos off Come On Pilgrim. I think people were a bit stumped at first because not many people were familiar with their b-sides but we all went crazy when they went into Debaser.

I guess the last show I saw was U2 and MUSE in tampa last October, which was an awesome show.

I'm thinking about going to see My Morning Jacket in St Augustine in April, anyone ever seen em live? I love their 2 albums Ive bought and have heard they're great live.

Also seeing Bon Jovi in Tamp in a few weeks, saw their last 2 tours (yeah yeah I know I'm probably too young to really be a Bon Jovi fan), but they were really good so looking forward to this one as well.