TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

So tonight around 9:00pm I got a text saying that Against Me! was playing a secret show at a small bar downtown. Sure enough I showed up and hung out at a chill bar and watched one of my favorite Gainesville bands. Normally when they come to town their shows sell out and get packed, but tonight was great because it wasn't too crowded and everybody had room to move about comfortably.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Saturday I got to see The Fray/Jack's Mannequin at DTE...Pine Knob. Jack's Mannequin put on an AMAZING performance, I was totally surprised. So surprised that I downloaded both of their CD's when I got home . The Fray did a great job as well, playing a good mix of their "older" stuff and stuff from their new album. However, and I'm not totally sure why, their performance felt like there was something left to be desired. In all honesty it was pretty close to the EXACT same concert as when I saw them 2 years ago...a lot of the same songs too cause they played a few of their new songs then as well. Overall though it was a great concert, and there was only one song that I didn't hear that I wanted to.

On June 6th I went to the Paramore/No Doubt concert.

I dont care much for Paramore but they were pretty good. I like maybe 3 songs of theres. It was good.

But I LOVE NO DOUBT! The concert was amphitheatre style so the weather was perfect..in the south, Charlotte so humid but it was great! The songs were the old ones that my parents listened to and i used to listen to back 5 years ago! Cant wait for a new album!!! It was AWESOME!

I went to the Warped Tour on Friday (6/26). All in all it was a good show. I got to see Anti-Flag, Bayside, Escape The Fate, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Saosin, and A Day To Remember.

ADTR puts on a GREAT show. Can't wait for the San Diego Warped on 22nd of August!

I attended Ska in the Park 'oh9 last Saturday. The show went of great, it was deathly hot in Riverside, but the bands were not phased whatsoever. Maxwell Smart put on a fantastic show and Half Past Two played Living on A Prayer! A great show and I can't wait for Warped in August.

---Brent

Last gig I went to was Counting Crows in May. I've had been wanting to see them live for a long time and it was totally worth the wait. There set list was a little weak IMO but they put on a fantastic show. They really let there musical talent show on on stage. I would definitely go see them again.

Offspring with Pennywise and Frank Turner

Saw them last Thursday, and was really impressed with everyone. I had never heard of Frank Turner, but after his set I went to his merch tent and bought his CD, and now I'm a huge fan. He was even asking anyone that wanted to hang out the next day to send him an e-mail. I e-mailed him just to say I really enjoyed his set and CD, and actually got a response.

Pennywise were good, but I only know a few of their song to begin with. Just kind of funny to see these guys getting on up in their years singing about things like taking down the man/system. They did a cover of a Misfits song, along with a cover of You Gotta Fight Right by Beastie Boys.

Offspring were just insane. Great energy, and it was just song after song with no stopping (except for intermission, but that is a song on an album, so I count it). Dexter did Gone Away on piano, and it just blew me away; it was nothing short of amazing. They finished with Self Esteem and everyone in attendance just going crazy. I had no voice for a good 24hrs afterward. Rivals for my number 1 concert spot.

I saw Saving Abel, Papa Roach, Hinder, and Nickelback in concert last night in Camden, NJ. Great show, rocked hard and were all really good live. Nickelback's cover of "Highway to Hell" was pretty sweet, considering it was the first time they did it and incorporated Hinder's and Papa Roach's singers into it. Plus Chad getting pyro remains in his eye and continuing on is pretty rock.

I saw .38 Special, Styx, and Reo Speedwagon last night. It was a pretty good show. It was the last stop on the tour so they did some goofing off. Styx and Reo came out in a conga line during .38 Special's set. A guy from .38 Special came out in nothing but a towel and brushing his teeth during Styx set. The roadies and .38 Special came out front row center with the crowd during Reo's set.

Personally I thought Styx was the weakest. Maybe that's because they couldn't play any of the song's written by Dennis DeYoung. Overall it was a good concert definitely worth the price (free).