TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, TRS has always been awesome. I have the best time dancing at their shows. You don't really need to listen to the new stuff because you always know it's going to be completely rad no matter what. Bryce Avery is amazing.

The awesomeness that was oasis, kasabian and some other random supports on thursday. Some uk members may have heard that they blew the sound system and left the stage for 40 minutes, I have to say when youve been stood up for 5 hours already, you don't want the main act to sod off

but yeah, it was amazing.

Green day in october!

I went to see Girls Aloud last Saturday (May 30th) at Glasgow SECC. My sisters, nephew and I were block AA row A.

It was camper than Christmas and the girls were super thin and in desperate need of a fish supper but it was fun!

I do think that Glasgow may have sold out of fake tan and nylon hair extensions last weekend though

822607528_029640x480.JPG.7c445528b49577b8f84531d39bbdbc92.JPG

Sumfink kinda ooh!

Gogol Bordello, Sat. June 6th at Higher Ground in South Burlington, VT.

An abosultely frentic show! The entire floor was a mosh pit for the whole hour-45. It was the band's last stop before touring in Europe for the summer and they didn't disappoint. Some hits were played (Wonderlust King, Start Wearing Purple) but there was so much movement and bashing going on, I had trouble knowing when one song ended and the next one began. (8/10)

I met Eugene Hutz (Lead singer) earlier that afternoon, he was exactly how I imagined him to be, incredibly chill and all-around cool guy.

Also, my friends and I saw Elijah Wood after the show, apparently he's dating/married to one of the members.

^ Lucky, lucky man. Gogol Bordello has got to be one of my favorites, and I've heard the pit at their shows is absolutely brutal and fun. I really hope they come back to Socal soon so I can catch them. Last time they were here though, they played at The Grove in Anaheim which has to be the overall worst venue I've ever seen anybody play at.

---Brent

^ I really was about to post "Is your username a reference to Catch 22/Tomas Kalnoky's album?", and then I saw that you saw Streetlight. GREAT band, saw them in January and they were absolutely amazing. I'll be catching them again this summer, along with Big D And The Kids Table and Less Than Jake. Glad to see other ska listeners on these boards!

---Brent

I've always loved moshing, but to me, ska is for skanking. Even if it's extremely fast ska, like with Streetlight. And during one of the many times I've seen Streetlight, after every song, he shouted, "YEAH! RED BULL! THAT'S WHY WE'RE PLAYING SO GOOD! RED BULL!" It got old very quickly.

Last night I went to Sky Eats Airplane at The House Cafe in Dekalb, Illinois. Sky Eats Airplane is one of my favorite bands, and naturally I was thrilled to see them live. I managed to get front row, and had a great time.

S5000026.AVI

A short video clip of Honest Hitchhikers Asking for Cash Handouts

*Sorry for the crappy audio quality**

l_00f1ad9b20864e0182a31bf04d24b73e.jpg.632a4bf34ef3266bf21d2a0d5cc890bd.jpg

Me With Zack

l_bfbc2319c04f4ee2815682099b473601.jpg.d38082000af0b74f158f90c4e77d37ea.jpg

Me With Jerry

l_9b98403b7d6a450f82188dd08b726fb0.jpg.cc1a6b75dcfc16df0d9fc8bcc6faaddd.jpg

l_3cf534a4508a4611a99d3792b786417e.jpg.55bba2606cd49222f5f997f6a4d18e1f.jpg

l_d8b75adb2cfd4680bcb2af1db5e5418b.jpg.4d4730d453dd6a72224d222eb7b5fdb9.jpg

Lead singer/screamer Jerry

4646_96306292740_589437740_2384359_3984995_n.jpg.7e49ebd2fce3924afade81c7a14bdbe6.jpg

4646_96307512740_589437740_2384375_8321807_n.jpg.30d730dd895d099df002e0bb2d939f0f.jpg

^^^^^ I really like Sky Eats Airplane also. The first song I heard of them was Giants in The Ocean, and it remains my favorite.

^^^Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour really is something. I loved the show. I saw it last October.

^^And Yes, it is still going on

^Finally, I am also going to the Vans Warped Tour, but in Montreal.

Last concert in a Theme Park was Collective Soul for Mardi Gras @ Universal Orlando... It was okay... the new stage (in front of Rip, Ride Rock-IT!) looks amazing, but the sound was funky... I've seen Collective Soul before and they were great... but something was missing from this show... I was paying more attention to the un-finished rollercoaster than to the band... so sad, cause I really like Collective Soul...

Last show at a venue was Toadies at House of Blues Orlando... man, I saw these guys in NYC for their Rubberneck tour... and it was my favorite show... now seeing them return, after their "break-up" so very many years later on their No Deliverance tour... AMAZING!!! Great show... didn't disappoint after SO many years...

And not really a concert, but am looking forward to seeing Kathy Griffin live in Hollywood FL in August... should be amazing... (as well as ride Dania Beach Hurricane @ Boomers! while down there... can't wait!)

Tonight I went and saw an acoustic Bayside show at 1982 in Gainesville, Fl. It's the second time I've seen them live, although this time it was just a solo/acoustic gig whereas I saw the full band last time. Good times, it was a chill show and we had a good time.

Last Concert I went to was The Offspring June 3rd. The Offspring are great! I like a lot of their songs, and they are my girlfriends favorite! I've always been a fan of Dexter's voice. I took a lot of pictures and posted them on my blog here if anyone is interested.

http://calicoasters.blogspot.com/2009/06/big-o-vacation-part-1.html

I think our next concert will be Lit and Everclear August 22nd at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I've never been to a concert at the park before, if it sucks... atleast I have coasters!