TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last show I saw was Jack's Mannequin with Eric Hutchinson and Treaty of Paris at the State Theatre in St. Petersburg, Florida. I spent a few hours at BGA earlier in the day and then drove down to St. Pete for the show, so I think it's safe to say that it was a pretty good time. Here are some of the pictures I took at the show...

1986729212_Overdue085(Custom).jpg.86741387dae11d855f5ebc2b26a77f25.jpg

Andrew McMahon really got into the show, he got up on the piano a couple times.

401165576_Overdue077(Custom).jpg.bd5192c36f5f1d103c499a2ed90eadc2.jpg

This is the second time this year I've seen Jack's Mannequin (the first being at the Warped Tour). Seeing them play in a real venue was nice, especially since they took the opportunity to play a pretty long set list.

1892174552_Overdue069(Custom).jpg.5cc102ed82976cfb897252498d7f3746.jpg

Eric Hutchinson was the second opening act and he was pretty good. The first opener was Treaty of Paris and they were sort of "meh"

393696762_Overdue078(Custom).jpg.e9309d3910840b22d01f331b00108a73.jpg

We got to the show early and got a really sweet spot sitting at the front of the balcony.

Boston over the summer at Fraze Pavillion. Love the band, and the concert was a lot of fun. Their stage presence and "vitality" on stage was a bit drab (they are getting older...), but "Foreplay/Long Time" and "Amanda" live more than made up for it.

I would also like to add that their new singer is *fantastic*...as close to a spot-on replacement for Delp as you can get.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the annual KDWB Jingle Ball at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN on Monday the 15th. Show was incredibly awesome. Acts included Shontelle, Lady GaGa, Boys Like Girls (hate them; they sucked anyway), David Archuleta, and headliners Rihanna and T.I. and special guest Chris Brown (he only sang two songs; Umbrella w/ Rihanna and Forever). Brody Jenner hosted.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I went and saw Manchester Orchestra with Kevin Devine and Dead Confederate in Orlando. This is the second time this year I've seen Manchester Orchestra live and I've grown to be a pretty big fan of their music. Last time I saw them was in the spring in their hometown of Atlanta, so this show was a lot more laid back because they aren't as well known in Central Florida and the venue was pretty small. Rather than put on a full spectacle like they did when I saw them in Atlanta, they sort of just got on stage and had fun with it. During their set they did a humorous song about why 50 cent is so talented and then at the end of the show they did an encore where they free-styled a cover of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song.

It was a fun show, Kevin Devine was really good as well.

1135595343_Manchester024(Medium).jpg.f82526b75b39d75aede5e76d16b08c1b.jpg

Manchester Orchestra at The Social in downtown Orlando. I took a video of them covering The Fresh Prince theme song and might upload it later.

2039231979_Manchester055(Medium).jpg.f742277a1b3bad6f8e7312ea3a425bc6.jpg

If you didn't read the above text, then this is Kevin Devine. He was one of the opening acts and was pretty solid.

296055550_Manchester001(Medium).jpg.ba2d638ae9a703ea6c3843fc479baae9.jpg

Side note: on the way to the show I stopped by IOA for about 30 minutes. I bought a drink and it came in this really outdated cup, and I couldn't help but think "BECAUSE IT S.U.C.K.E.D A.S.S.!"

"Same unfunny crap kept even dumb audiences saying sh!t!"

(Halloween Horror Nights joke)

I say Journey last night with Cheap Trick and Heart opening for them. The traffic was horrible so I missed Cheap Trick, but I was able to see the last 10 min of Heart's show. And Journey was excelent, I forgot how good they were live. The only bad part was that the whole place smelt like pot really bad, especialy the restrooms. And it didn't help that the people in front of me were smoking pot all night long.

--Chris

Pot-legalize it now!! No, Im not a stoner

Hanson at the House of Blues in AC and right before that Coldplay at the old Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ.

I do not care what anyone says about Hanson, they have matured into a bad that can truly entertain. They play their own instruments and have always written their own music. the tune the Walk is just one if the best tunes with a great waltz beat. What is also good about Hanson is that they have not forgotten their roots. They still play Mmmbop and This Time Around. These tunes sound like the 3 Car Garage Recordings which are rock influenced and not the pop sound the were "forced" into by a record label.

Check out The Walk album if you need to be convinced.

Coldplay needs no explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1XMovyyXzQ

Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, and One Pin Short on Saturday January 3rd. It was pretty much the defenition of ska-tastic.

---Brent

Except for the fact One Pin Short blows.

(Saw the same show in Vegas).

Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, and One Pin Short on Saturday January 3rd. It was pretty much the defenition of ska-tastic.

---Brent

Except for the fact One Pin Short blows.

(Saw the same show in Vegas).

Haha most people said that. They were like "Since when did this turn into Gospel Fest '09?".

---Brent