TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janet Jackson at the Oracle Arena in Oakland on Sept. 13. Great show, but Miss Jackson needed to change the hair. The only way I can describe it was a huge Afro Mohawk (which was cool) with a mullet style tail going down her back (not so cool).

I think my next one is Underoath w/ Saosin and Devil Wears Prada on November 15th at the Bren Events Center. And if I convince my parentals, I could go see Before Their Eyes and Ice Nine Kills at Chain Reaction.

---Brent

Devil Wears Prada is awesome! I had the opportunity to see Chiodos and them at a club near here, but I was busy and I'm still cursing myself for missing it. My next concert will be Sigur Ros on the 23rd at the Filmore in Detroit (awesome venue, relatively safe area too).

Saturday night I went to the Real Big Deal music festival in Gainesville, FL. I'm not going to put up a lot of my pictures because the festival was mostly regional and local bands. The headlining band was Motion City Soundtrack who played an hour long set on the main stage towards the end of the first day. This was the second time this year I saw them and I have to say that they're a pretty "meh" band live. Their music is a lot of fun, but their lead singer doesn't really deliver great vocals live.

TPR2.jpg.62ba9fa75dbdabd4ef9336b16ab4072f.jpg

Motion City Soundtrack is a pretty entertaining band to see, even if they don't deliver an excellent show.

TPR1.jpg.ef4c57c6e37b721ec82fe367cb4e8c5a.jpg

Here's the main stage which gives you an idea of how ghetto this whole production was. It's a local music festival, so what do you expect?

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw Bullet For My Valentine last night at the Warfield Theater in SF. First off, The Warfield is an amazing place to go to. Its designed as a old opera theater and it only holds 2,500 people so no matter where you sit you see the show. We were on the last row the seats before we hit the mash pit area. The concert was frickin loud. My cuz and me walked out deaf and right now is still a little deaf and I’ve been to many concerts and I’ve never been this deaf. They played for about 1 hour and 45mins. Overall, Great Show, Great band, GREAT TIMES!

I realize this is more of a rock concert forum, but I saw Earth, Wind, and Fire on Sunday. They were absolutely amazing. They've been performing for 37 years and still put on an excellent show. Even though there are only 3 original members left, you couldn't tell from the way they played off each other.

I went to the New Kids on the Block concert at the Izod Center in NJ this week. Yeah, I know you're all jealous. They put on a really fun show! It was such a blast to see them all together again, especially performing their old songs.

I say Journey last night with Cheap Trick and Heart opening for them. The traffic was horrible so I missed Cheap Trick, but I was able to see the last 10 min of Heart's show. And Journey was excelent, I forgot how good they were live. The only bad part was that the whole place smelt like pot really bad, especialy the restrooms. And it didn't help that the people in front of me were smoking pot all night long.

--Chris

I saw Alanis last night at the Providence Performing arts center. She was great and a little crazy.

A couple of funny things.

• SHe dedicated the song "Everything" to the Geminis out there and the people who love them. I will never look at that song the same way. (Alanis and I are born on the same day and are both Geminis)

"It's like meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful... HUSBAND" Hmm, I wish it were true with Ryan Reynolds.

Her introduction to "Thankyou" was, "Ever since I wrote this song, i have been dying to perform it here." Thanyou Providence indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...