TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the Download Festival... Awesome weekend!

I saw Megadeth, Dragonforce, Wolfmother, My Chemical Romance, Turisas, Hellyeah, 30 Seconds To Mars, Bowling For Soup, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Evanescence and Iron Maiden...

That was the best £155 ever spent!

I hate you...

My last concert was last night. The Fray w/ Ok Go and Mae. Ok Go and Mae were the opening acts and were pretty good. The Fray was amazing, great concert.

Also anyone that likes The Fray will be happy to know there is a new album coming out soon, they played a few of the new songs from it, there was only one called Dixie (I think) that I didn't like too much.

What songs did OK GO do? I'm a huge fan of them.

The last concert I went to is STILL Lifehouse at the CA State Fair last year. My sister wants to go to the Warped Tour when it's near where we live, but I want to go to A Day in the Zone, which is for my local radio station 100.5: The Zone.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, not been posting for a while due to a minor PC issue and lack of new bottled beer for the beer thread. However....

Date - Saturday 7th July 2007

Location - Old Trafford, Manchester

Weather - Dry and Sunny

Group - GENESIS

WOW!

OK, it's a week on from the event and I'm still on a high after seeing what was the best Genesis Gig I've ever been to. I was at Knebworth in 1992 on the last night of the "We Can't Dance" world tour and that was special but what I saw at Old Trafford blew me away. Those of you going to see them when they hit the US later this year are in for a very special treat.

Set List.

Behind the Lines / Duke’s End / Turn It On Again

No Son Of Mine

Land of Confusion

In The Cage / The Cinema Show / Duke’s Travels / Afterglow

Hold on My Heart

Home by the Sea / Second Home By The Sea

Follow You, Follow Me

Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like

Mama

Ripples

Throwing It All Away

Domino

Drum Duet / Los Endos

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

~Encore~

I Can’t Dance

Carpet Crawlers

So a very nice mix of old, not quite so old and fairly recent to keep everyone happy although with a back catalogue their size it's always a tricky job picking songs.

So onto the day.

Nodders (Regular in the beer thread) and another friend arrived Friday afternoon and we visited the local real ale pub to discuss travel arrangements for the Saturday. That took all of two minutes so we supped the local ales whilst talking about the forthcoming event. After a few beers we retired to my humble abode and watched some Genesis DVD's of previous tours including the aforementioned 1992 concert which was broadcast on Sky TV live.

Saturday morning dawned and I had a trip to the local home brew shop to make first so I could purchase the rest of my new brewing kit (see beer thread later) before heading home and then onwards. The weather wasn't good and had been wet all morning but all the website had it clearing later on so all we could do was hope. We left mine just before midday and we're in Manchester city centre for 1pm where I had to make sure I found the guy who had taken my other ticket off me. With that done it was time to watch the big screens erected for the Live Earth broadcast as Genesis were opening the London Gig. In fact quite a few fans had had a similar idea and there was quite a crowd gathered in the sunshine as they hit the stage. Now they sounded mighty good and the anticipation levels went up yet another notch. With the set finished in London the three of us went for a nice sit down lunch in "Old Orleans" which went down extremely well.

That finished we went back outside and watched a bit more of the concert before finally deciding it was time to catch the tram down to the stadium.

The tram was packed with fans as it trundled down to Old Trafford and you could sense that everyone was already really up for this gig. So a short walk followed up to the stadium and although it was a good two hours before they were due on stage the surrounding area was packed with fans. The pubs were overflowing, the streets were at a standstill and everyone was smiling. A quick look round the merchandise and then into the stadium.

Now I was one of the lucky ones who got tickets on the pre-sale offer through the Genesis forum and therefore we were three rows from the front just left of centre. As we walked into the stadium itself I was just gobsmacked by the size of the stage. IT'S HUGE, not just big but HUGE. It easily filled the width of the pitch and it reached up into the sky. Now I'd seen the pictures but to actually see it in person was something else. A NINE million pixel LED backdrop stretched the entire width of the set flanked by two oval HD screens at either side. However the group themselves were on a tiny stage in the centre dwarfed by this immense technological backdrop.

Skip a couple of hours and the intro music starts up, a decent low level at first but slowly the volume cranks up too an immense crescendo as the LED wall blips into life with clips of Genesis displayed on the back then BANG. Genesis launch into Behind the Lines/Duke's End going into Turn it on Again. What followed was over two and a half hours of musical perfection from one of the greatest groups ever (IMHO of course.) Highlights for me were "Ripples" which I had never seen live, "In the Cage" another song I'd yet to see, "Domino" which I love live as the studio version is pretty tame and boring compared to the live one and finally "The Carpet Crawlers" which brought the show to a close.

All I can say is that this was a very special gig and one that will live me forever.

Pictures at http://www.bluebuzzards.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=25

Enjoy (I did)

The last concert I went to was Electric Daisy Carnival at Exposition Park. It was from 4 PM to 4 AM and was the sickest show I have ever been to! Infected Mushroom was there as well as Deep Dish (both of who were absolutely AMAZING!)

Here's a pic:

The White Stripes at Madison Square Garden! with Grinderman and Porter Wagoner.

Awesome show! i was on the floor about 10 ft back from the stage and it was all out rock n roll. Best live band i have seen in a long time. They played for 2 hours to a pretty much sold out Garden.

Rock the Bells this past weekend in NYC.

Parts of it were the sickest show I have ever been to, RATM was amazing (of course), as was Public Enemy. Really though, the rest was not all that great, as I'm not really a fan of hip-hop (and that's pretty much what the festival was with a few exceptions).

A good time for sure though. I think I'm going to go to the Voodoo Music Festival in New Orleans now to see Rage for the second time. Great show.

Went to Ozzfest last Saturday. Coors amphitheatre here in Denver serves some good slushy style margaritas! That was a long day and a big beer tab....

This Wednesday I'm going to Sounds of the Underground. Come on GWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR@!